Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Randgrith, a couple questions
Randgrith, a couple questions
 Sylph.Kyarutaru
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kyarutaru
By Sylph.Kyarutaru 2011-12-19 18:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

At 300% TP, it tended to last about a minute (or just shy of a minute - but that could technically due to log delay). Not sure why it lasted 2 minutes on that one lizard. 1 minute seems to be the norm with no decay of effect which is really nice compared to Feint.

If I get a chance I'll mess around with testing duration more sometime too! That's a little more fun than testing Evasion Down and proc rates... I've only done ~365 reps for Recover MP & 3x Damage proc testing, so once I get 1000+ I'll post my results.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Icepick
user: IcepickD
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-02-19 03:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Bump!

I'm starting to play with Randgrith more, just got my stage4 Gullintani and got to Randgrith All the Things (in Dynamis)!

I have my Double Attack Tahtib of 79dmg, 11 DA. I'm working on a multihit club now. Should I consider a different off-hand club to help modify Randgrith and/or Hexa Strike? STR/attack? MND/m.acc? DEX/acc?

I may be over-thinking...

Nah....

Thoughts?
By luckycharms1877 2012-02-20 02:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Id say do Str/Atk
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2012-02-20 02:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does trial club with Add effect: evasion down stack with Mjollnir?
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-02-20 19:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Luckycharms,

I have no honest idea, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-02-20 19:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see how the STR club would be useful but I don't know if it really would outperform a OA2~4 or DA club. Whm's WS frequency is fairly low, atleast from what I've experienced. I'd wait til someone posts some actual math comparing the 2 to decide :x
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-02-20 21:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
Whm's WS frequency is fairly low, atleast from what I've experienced. I'd wait til someone posts some actual math comparing the 2 to decide :x

Only if you expect lolCures and lolHaste... otherwise WHMs WS just as frequently.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-02-20 21:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Icepick said: »
Whm's WS frequency is fairly low, atleast from what I've experienced. I'd wait til someone posts some actual math comparing the 2 to decide :x

Only if you expect lolCures and lolHaste... otherwise WHMs WS just as frequently.

I'd wait til someone posts some actual math comparing the 2 to decide :x
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-20 21:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

luckycharms1877 said: »
Does trial club with Add effect: evasion down stack with Mjollnir?
No.

A WHM that doesn't haste and cure is just another lolmeleemage. Meleeing should complement your support functions, not replace them.

Granted cures and hasting don't really impact the choice here unless you're riding Randgrith AM and would lose aftermath with a weapon that gains TP more slowly.
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-02-21 20:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
A WHM that doesn't haste and cure is just another lolmeleemage. Meleeing should complement your support functions, not replace them.

Sorry, I forgot to put {/sarcasm on} "Insert joke here" {/sarcasm off}.
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-03-03 22:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the macro:

/ws "randgrith" <all the things>?

Mjollnir {Found it!}
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-03 22:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Sorry, I forgot to put {/sarcasm on} "Insert joke here" {/sarcasm off}.
Apologies, hard to tell sometimes. Grats on your club.
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-03-05 01:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My observations so far:

Randgrith does double attack for sure. Single Wield, my first Randgrith was about 500, of course, lvl75, unaltered version. In doing my first trial, dual wield, average Randgrith was 900-1400, with spikes up to 1800. Dual wield seems to add another hit, and double attack on both hands brought it up to 1800.

I off-hand the Double Attack Tahtib (79dmg, 11 DA) and brutal earring for a 16% DA rate.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 01:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So glad you let us know how DA and DW apply to WSs.
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-03-05 02:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
So glad you let us know how DA and DW apply to WSs.

Some WSs don't get this treatment (A couple physical WSs, elemental WSs, AoE WS). Since few have Mjollnir, most responses were assumed answers, I wanted a definitive answer. Assuming nothing, I shared what I saw.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 02:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What physical ones besides Asuran or Reamlmrazer when dual-wielding?
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-05 02:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My observations so far:

Randgrith does double attack for sure. Single Wield, my first Randgrith was about 500, of course, lvl75, unaltered version. In doing my first trial, dual wield, average Randgrith was 900-1400, with spikes up to 1800. Dual wield seems to add another hit, and double attack on both hands brought it up to 1800.

I off-hand the Double Attack Tahtib (79dmg, 11 DA) and brutal earring for a 16% DA rate.
First off using damage to find number of hits is just bad practice use Tp returns instead. Secondly this is common information.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-05 02:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats on the club Ice, can honestly say I'm extremely jealous. Hope you enjoy it :)
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-03-05 03:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Galbir,

I've tried following TP returns and such- haven't exactly seen how they always correlate to WS hits (not just on WHM, but my other jobs). I'm not the most technically minded, I do what I can to find a simple answer.

Sorry if it seems that I'm rehashing 'common info'. It's only recently that I've found these online forums and such.
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-05 03:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Galbir,

I've tried following TP returns and such- haven't exactly seen how they always correlate to WS hits (not just on WHM, but my other jobs). I'm not the most technically minded, I do what I can to find a simple answer.

Sorry if it seems that I'm rehashing 'common info'. It's only recently that I've found these online forums and such.
Alright for this example lets say you had a one handed wep with no off hand or da that gave 7 tp per hit. If you use a 4 hit ws you should get 10 tp back 7 for the first hit which is based off your normal tp per hit and 1 tp for every hit after that.

Now lets say you had an off hand which will add a hit to physical ws now you will get 11 tp 7 for the base hit and 4 for the hits after.

Now lets add da you can only double attack once for 1hit ws and twice for multi-hit each double attack will add 1 tp so if off handing and having a 100% da build(for example) the most tp you could see out of this ws would be 13 7 for the base 3 for the normal ws hit, 1 for off hand, and 2 for Da.

I hope that cleared that up and welcome to the forums.

Oh and grats on the relic.
[+]
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-03-05 04:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Congrats on the club Ice, can honestly say I'm extremely jealous. Hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks Kalilla- it's still a little surreal I have it. Being told by many I'd never have it, maybe after all these trials it'll feel a little real! >.<
 Sylph.Icepick
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-03-05 05:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading about this, took me a little bit of looking around.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dual_Wield:

During physical-damage Weapon Skills, an extra hit is performed with the secondary weapon. This does not apply to elemental Weapon Skills (such as Shining Strike) or special Weapon Skills such as Spirits Within.

Answer: Spirits Within.

There may be a couple others, I don't know, I haven't abyssea'd up every job and tried all WSs.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 05:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I already knew that, and only mentioned Realmrazer because it's 8 hits with dual wield.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-05 05:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Answer: Spirits Within.

There may be a couple others, I don't know, I haven't abyssea'd up every job and tried all WSs.
No Spirits Within is not a physical ws it's a non-elemental magical damage type this is why it does not double attack.

Lurking and asking things you don't know is a great way to start. Not spreading misinformation. Just a tip.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [216 days between previous and next post]
 Midgardsormr.Playerone
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Playerone
By Midgardsormr.Playerone 2012-10-07 12:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How often does Recover MP proc? I can not seem to find this info. Also does Recover MP proc even if the mob does not have MP or is it like aspir samba and will only proc if mob has mp. Can not seem to find this info either. I want to make this club but only if the mp recover is good. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Corphish
Server: Cerberus
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-07 13:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Having just obtained the club, the proc rate isn't something I'd rely on. I've started favoring Solace over Misery, and the proc, while not terrible, is not the real draw of this weapon, especially with Mystic Boon available. The recover does happen on mobs that don't have MP (unless Shadow Lizards have some stashed away that I don't know about...).

I imagine the proc would've been icing on the cake pre-ToAU.
 Midgardsormr.Playerone
By Midgardsormr.Playerone 2012-10-07 13:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thanks for info Corphish. If you had to guess on proc rate just eyeballing it any guess? Also does the proc rate get better as you do more trials and raise the level?
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-07 13:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, I'm terrible with math, I usually come to forums for answers, lol. But eyeballing, I wanna say less than or equal to 10%? It wasn't uncommon for me to see it every 5-10 attack rounds. I've had max recover a couple of times, but also alot of 4MP. Seems random.
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-10-07 13:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I should probably get off my butt and do my trials and get better data and a better club, lol...
 Midgardsormr.Playerone
By Midgardsormr.Playerone 2012-10-07 13:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh what lvl is the club you have?