Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Voidwatch: So, liek, I herd
Voidwatch: So, liek, I herd
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-28 15:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a much more eloquent post written out and then I fat fingered the "back" key on my mouse and lost it all >.>

I have two "rumors" that I wanted to discuss with the general FFXIAH player base and was wondering what people thought.

1) I think it's pretty widely accepted now that increased cobalt light on voidwatch only adds one or two "logslots". Sure you can get a dragon meat or so but the amount of means you invest in cobalt cells in the long run is going to cost you. The first slot is the slot that seems to count.
The thing that suprises me is people discussing "more cobalt = less bodies". I know this sounds like the "more treasure hunter is more crystals because a mob only loads x slots and th loads less rare drops first" arguement. I've been around for the people claiming to "carry a 4leaf mandy bud", "eat a lucky egg", gillionaire desk etc etc etc. I would completely discount this if not for the majority of people in logwatch saying "I got this body only when we didnt cap blue" or "my mule has gotten 4 bodies and I don't even trade cells on them!". Obviously this is all eyeballing to the extreme and massive speculation but I wanted to ask something else (#2) and figured I'd toss this out while I was at it.

2) The other day we were fighting Celeano with a shout group. The leader was a super nice guy and a good leader but bless his heart he decided we needed 3 blm instead of getting a blu and a brd. At one point in the fight we were around ~110% red and realised that we only could do 1 magic proc (the rest being JA/WS). Myself and one other person said "just do blue and maybe it will reset to red". Now I wouldn't have let this tumble out of my mouth as if I know what I was talking about if I hadn't heard it a couple dozen times in several hundred VW runs. Never once had anyone said "it doesn't work like that" before so I had assumed it was a possiblity. Not Today. A smarmy, condescending taru (you know cuz of the napolean complex) tells me just that "it doesn't work like that, dhalmel". He then spit in my direction and proceeded to leer at 3 mithras. I attempted to pacify him by saying "I didn't think that was fact but I had heard people say to try it before". He then got a little excitable and said "I've done a whole buncha runs gee golly and that makes me positive sure you clown". If you've ever seen a true san d'orian elvaan, you know we don't smile much.... let alone enjoy being called a "clown". I still kept my cool and suggested that I would be thrilled to know that this was a fact so that I would be able to help correct people who suggested such in the future (and in a much more polite fashion). He then told me to "eat (pup) and go (souleater)" or some nonsense. To be honest, I had stopped listening when he spit flack in the face of my politeness (my respect for taru nonwithstanding). Can anyone help me out here? I was under the impression that a stagger re-assigned to whatever and could swing from 4 blue and 2 red, to 2 blue and 4 red; etc.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-28 15:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my understanding, but I'm not positive.
 Asura.Dtroyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-11-28 15:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

wall-o-text
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-28 15:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
That's my understanding, but I'm not positive.
To which topic? Your understanding is which for which lol.....

Asura.Dtroyy said: »
wall-o-text

Hopefully my wall conveyed at least half as much information as your 115 posts! Thanks for your contribution to my thread <3
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-11-28 15:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

wall-o-text
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-28 15:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That procs shift and aren't hardlined to one weakness type.
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2011-11-28 15:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch confuses me... so I'm no help there.. but I will say.. taru's are douches :<
[+]
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-11-28 15:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

np <3
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-11-28 15:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

One time I went with a shout group for Celeano and there were ZERO magic procs in the beginning of the fight. No matter how much times we tried to get a hint, it only appeared after a few WS/JA procs were made. So I agree with you on that one.

Regarding #1, I don't use Cobalt Cells at all as it seems to be a huge waste of crour. From my experience, the first slot is all that seems to matter. It's probably lollogs/heavy metal/other-good-but-not-so-good stuff/body/weapon for the first slot, and logs/hi potions for the rest.

On a completely different note, I wish people would take their ***out of the chest at the end. It makes the chest disappear and you can start the next fight sooner than waiting for the damn thing to vanish. If you can't take out the Mantis Eye because you already have one? Throw it away and take the other one out. So much time seems to be wasted on waiting for that damn chest to go away.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2011-11-28 15:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

np <3
Sir, I think you belong in the "Ashamed to be British" thread as an example.
[+]
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-11-28 15:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
np <3
Sir, I think you belong in the "Ashamed to be British" thread as an example.

Already contributed to that thread ta.
 Ragnarok.Milkme
user: milkme
By Ragnarok.Milkme 2011-11-28 15:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
The thing that suprises me is people discussing "more cobalt = less bodies". I know this sounds like the "more treasure hunter is more crystals because a mob only loads x slots and th loads less rare drops first" arguement. I've been around for the people claiming to "carry a 4leaf mandy bud", "eat a lucky egg", gillionaire desk etc etc etc.
Ha I was just talking to your bff the other day about cells. I think i'll stop pouring my cruor into cobalts; i just end up making more trips to the AH.

I carried a wild rabbit tail for a year back in 03 :(
 Valefor.Caelir
Server: Valefor
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-11-28 15:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

VW proc's reset once you hit them

i think there is a possible 6NQ's and 2HQ's for a total of 8 possible proc's

so as you said, say you hit a ws/ja proc, that will then reset and have a chance of being either ws/ja/magic.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-28 15:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Milkme said: »
The thing that suprises me is people discussing "more cobalt = less bodies". I know this sounds like the "more treasure hunter is more crystals because a mob only loads x slots and th loads less rare drops first" arguement. I've been around for the people claiming to "carry a 4leaf mandy bud", "eat a lucky egg", gillionaire desk etc etc etc.
Ha I was just talking to your bff the other day about cells. I think i'll stop pouring my cruor into cobalts; i just end up making more trips to the AH. I carried a wild rabbit tail for a year back in 03 :(

Not to sound liek a *** but uhhhh which one :3
 Ragnarok.Milkme
user: milkme
By Ragnarok.Milkme 2011-11-29 09:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha I was just talking to your bff the other day about cells. I think i'll stop pouring my cruor into cobalts; i just end up making more trips to the AH. I carried a wild rabbit tail for a year back in 03 :(

the orange one D:
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-11-29 09:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

VW = IP based rewards, same people get all the drops!
[+]
 Cerberus.Ciecle
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-11-29 09:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1: it sounds reasonable, I've not tried it myself but then again, every VW I've ever done i have not received a single body or even a piece of armor after trading 3 blue and 3 red so i can't say this is confirmed or not... maybe i just have bad luck.

2: Procs do recycle after being done, its why procs are never the same in voidwatch

and... I'm a taru and i try not to be mean :<
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-11-29 09:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG THIS x1000!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-29 09:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

the orange one D:

Q does have orange hair but i'd call us more than friends....

I got the impression I would see most of these types of responses. I'll try to start keeping track of procs and droprate with / without cobalt. If i get large enough numbers Ill toss them out for everyone. If someone with a larger wallet than me happens to buy voiddust and can spam test this then by all means let me know! <3
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-11-29 09:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »

OMG THIS x1000!!!
That's been a running joke within our runs... It just became true.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-11-29 09:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

when i got my coruscanti, i did put in 3x red/blue but the very next fight i didnt put any cells in and a lux still dropped, so aside from putting cells in for red, im not wasting anymore cruor on that crap.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2011-11-29 15:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Celaeno is sometimes bugged where you won't get any magic weaknesses. And sometimes you won't get any weaknesses at all.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-11-29 15:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

LOLOL 'Log Slots'

that's become one hell of a running gag in our group
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-11-29 15:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Procs can definitely swing from Red to Blue

Blue is placebo for HQ drops. Just max red and zerg.
By Quiznor 2011-11-29 15:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Side question,did they ever say that increasing the lights = higher rewards offically from SE? Just makes me think of Abyssea,procing more than once and you're screwed.Although that wouldnt make too much sense,given the cells give a % but who knows
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-12-19 10:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »
On a completely different note, I wish people would take their ***out of the chest at the end. It makes the chest disappear and you can start the next fight sooner than waiting for the damn thing to vanish. If you can't take out the Mantis Eye because you already have one? Throw it away and take the other one out. So much time seems to be wasted on waiting for that damn chest to go away.

ok when your 79/80 just from gear, i have that amount of gear when on PLD, i aint spending time taking crap out of the chest just to toss it, stfu and move on, some people need that time for whatever reason, they could have to deal with kids between fights or something. for the sake of saving 2-3 mins between fights? i say who cares if people dont take stuff out of the chest
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-12-19 12:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully my wall conveyed at least half as much information as your 115 posts! Thanks for your contribution to my thread <3

Addressing a low post count does not negate the fact the you posted a highly unnecessary wall of text, 'tis not how it works.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-19 12:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Lightvision said: »
Phoenix.Pooman said: »

ok when your 79/80 just from gear, i have that amount of gear when on PLD, i aint spending time taking crap out of the chest just to toss it, stfu and move on, some people need that time for whatever reason, they could have to deal with kids between fights or something. for the sake of saving 2-3 mins between fights? i say who cares if people dont take stuff out of the chest

With larger fights, I'd prefer that time too but I guess many people don't have kids or responsibilities to worry about. Though, I'm generally okay with removing stuff from the chest but if you get a duplicate item, you might not have it on your person to toss and plus, if I did it would make me paranoid as hell to do so. With my luck, I'd start DC'ing the moment I tossed the one I had.
 Leviathan.Yogurt
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yogurt 2011-12-19 12:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've bought all cells a couple times just to see if it would make a difference, I did not notice anything. I can see 2 blm, three seems like a wasted slot. I once joined a pug and leader thought throw more dd at kaggen would work, ally had two thiefs. I instantly saw that as a bad omen. And yes pull your junk out of chest and throw it away, we don't have 5mins to waste when it takes and hour to shout to fill ally.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-12-25 09:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Moral of the story, Ash is right, and Tarutaru are nasty little critters that spew sewer water out of their mouths. /endthread.