Forum » FFXI » General » Elemental Torque
Elemental Torque
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-28 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

At the risk of being called a noob lol, How necessary is this torque 'IF' you're not going to be nuking Gods/HNMS? I mean, I rarely see a resist against Wamouracampa or Puddings, and I don't plan on using my BLM for Endgame.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-28 12:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I use an elemental torque for my blm, I havent got a prudence torque yet.

and once ppl know you are blm, you will be blm alot!!
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-04-28 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to Merit your Elemental magic skill up a few points and then your prolly ok. I see it as a good idea if I got a problem with resit or uggy pendants not in effect. But it really depends on you and your pockets
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 12:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental Torque is you main neck gear for BLM.

Elemental Magic helps with resistance. I know people will swear up and down for the Uggalepih Pendant and when people ask me why I go torque I say: "MAB doesn't matter when you get resisted"

Also to consider the MAB is only active half the time (when MP is less than 50%) so if you are nuking with full MP the pendent is only good for +20 MP with is working against you getting to < 50% quickly.

From 65+ Elemental Torque hands down and if you had it macro in the Uggalepih Pendant when you are defiantly not getting resisted and you have < 50% MP. Other than that you have ... like the Black Neckerchief (unless they added something else in between 20 and 65 that I am not aware of).
 Garuda.Kael
Server: Garuda
user: Kael
By Garuda.Kael 2009-04-28 12:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I fulltime the elemental torque until my ugg pendant latent is active. Probably will switch to prudence torque for things that don't resist often once I get it, but its not such a big deal. If you're going to be using your BLM for anything besides puddings and wamoura, I'd get a torque :P