WhiteGate Fellowship NPC access {yes please!}
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Tkai
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-04-28 11:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

After leveling my npc to 70, in the WoTG areas, I was wondering why SE has not given us access to the Aht areas for our npc yet.
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-28 12:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

aht urghan access would be waaaaay to much exp potential i think. plus people would be out there even more killing the birds for their npcs while parties would have to -gasp- go somewhere else. i think they just gave npcs to us in wotg because not as many people were flooding there as when ToAU came out.
 Midgardsormr.Trauma
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Trauma
By Midgardsormr.Trauma 2009-04-28 12:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It may be because ToAU areas tend to be designed with high level players in mind.

It also may be because there is no quest for your NPC to obtain a Boarding Permit. With WoTG access your NPC just says that they stumbled across a Cavernous Maw and ended up in the past. For all we know our NPCs aren't even Tenshodo members!

It would be neat to see the addition of ToAU areas as well as an increased level cap. Those would make a good pair for an update.
[+]
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-04-28 12:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you did the last NPC quest your NPC made like a gajillion gil killing an NM. S/He/It can afford a boarding pass to Aht....
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-28 12:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
aht urghan access would be waaaaay to much exp potential i think. plus people would be out there even more killing the birds for their npcs while parties would have to -gasp- go somewhere else. i think they just gave npcs to us in wotg because not as many people were flooding there as when ToAU came out.

This^

It's already hard enough to find empty camps in aht urghan area without having 50 ppl leveling their NPC's on your exp mobs.

Edit: What would be cool would be if they let you do some kind of brenner together with your NPC. Like you and your NPC against me and my NPC XD
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-28 12:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

they need to let your NPC wear the new ACP armor!
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-28 13:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt even know i could lvl my npc in the past /; ;/
 Lakshmi.Alaric
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-04-28 13:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that would be cool if I could lvl my npc in ToAU, mines only at lvl 48 :(

Oh and yes, npc quest is easy - to activate quest most travel to past and go to Sauromugue Champaign [S]...
 Lakshmi.Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-04-28 13:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Littledarc said:

This^

It's already hard enough to find empty camps in aht urghan area without having 50 ppl leveling their NPC's on your exp mobs.

Edit: What would be cool would be if they let you do some kind of brenner together with your NPC. Like you and your NPC against me and my NPC XD

This is so true. You don't know how much I hate to see a high lvl mnk soloing one of the bird camp areas when I am trying to lvl in a pt. I was thinking more of using my npc in the tougher areas in ToAU. But you are right, just like how people are still over camping areas with the FoV books, ppl would just over camp the hell out of the bird camps. I do like the idea about team team fights with your npc against another person npc.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-28 13:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Alaric said:
Yes that would be cool if I could lvl my npc in ToAU, mines only at lvl 48 :(

Wait til you hit 50 with it and have to do the first Limit break quest for it. I swear to God that quest was soooooooo *** annoying (just did it like 3 days ago). Pro-tip: be WHM with tele's or bring one with, even with it takes a while with all the stupid running around >.<
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-04-28 13:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ah man >.< forgot about lvl 50 cap for npc. Need to research about quest and get done. I do have my whm at 42 for the teles purpose only XD ... cool will need to tag that quest next.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-28 13:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa That quest isn't 'that' bad. :P
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-28 14:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

Oh, I'm sure there's more time intensive ones out there, but it's still a huge pain in the ***. We even used Campaign tele's/maws to cut down city to city travel, still took freaking forever >.<
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-28 14:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What's so hard about going to Selbina, then Bastok, then Korroloka, then Bastok, Selbina, Oztroja, Windurst, and Bastok?

Just wait til ya get to 5-3 in CoP. lol
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-04-28 14:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah man, i'm only at 2-5 and I've attempted it about 5 times already. PPL usually give up after one fight.. so frustrating. But the cs are awesome lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-28 14:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
What's so hard about going to Selbina, then Bastok, then Korroloka, then Bastok, Selbina, Oztroja, Windurst, and Bastok?

Just wait til ya get to 5-3 in CoP. lol

Well, for us it was actually Selbina-Windurst-Selbina-Bastok-Korroloka-Bastok-Selbina-Oztroja-Windurst-Bastok.

Why? Because we didn't have that stupid prerequisite quest done, although admittedly the initial trip to Selbina could have been avoided if we'd read that part a little better in the wiki lol...

As for CoP, ya....can't wait. Hopefully, if it's that bad, I can just break it up and do the ***in stages...as adventuring fellows were capped, and we were planning on leveling them more, it was an ASAP deal for the Limit Break. Which didn't matter, 'cause it took so long we said "*** it" anyways lol
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-28 14:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

2-5's so easy. >.> Just take 2 smn, a nin, a rdm or whm, and 2 DD. Or take a pld, nin, rdm or whm, and 3 DD.

The DD's 2hr and pwn the first mob quickly, then the one of the smns AF at the end of the first mob and continue to AF on the 2nd, then the other smn brings the last mob in close to the 2nd mob on the 3rd AF from the 1st smn and AF's as well killing the 2nd mob and taking a good chunk of the 3rd mob. The 2nd smn uses his last 2 AF's as the others melee. Full-proof win tbh. Just don't use a pet/wyvern on the mob the melee are fighting while the smn are kiting though.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-04-28 15:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, thanks for tips. I might have run this weekend woot!

Now - npc access in ToAU? Not sure they'll do that anytime soon...
 Lakshmi.Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-04-29 11:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that some people feel that having NPC fellowship in Whitegate is a bad idea. Hopefully, my little idea for the npc quest storyline would change some people minds.

I was thinking we could make Luto Mewrilah and Naja Salaheem old childhood friends. In order to activate this quest you will need to just talk to Luto Mewrilah. You will see a message stating that the Wildcat badge flashes. She would then tell you that she have notice some adventurers with that badge on. You tell her where you got the badge from. She hears Naja Salaheem name and she gets very upset. Then she states that she does not want to do any business with you anymore. At this time, you will have to go to Whitegate and talk to Naja Salaheem for another CS. When you to go Naja you will get two CS. One with Naja and another one showing your NPC fellowship partner talking to Luto Mewrilah. You have called her or him on your pearl and told her or him about the situation. Your partner then get the story from Luto Mewrilah of what happen as you get the story about what happen with Naja Salaheem. The best part of the CS is you get to see both of these Characters (Luto and Naja) as little mithra girls and I was thinking that Naja would still be carrying around her weapon. I will type more about what made these two good childhood friends stop talking to each other for years but I will wait and see if people want me to finish the story.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 11:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tkai said:
I was thinking we could make Luto Mewrilah and Naja Salaheem old childhood friends.

Who the hell could be friends with that angry ***? I wanna punch Naja in the face in every cutscene ^^

Seriously though, looks good storywise so far. but ya, I'm kinda with the others on "no NPC fellows in Aht Urhgan"...you'll end up with solo's and duo's out there shutting the zones down for full exp parties, and that's no good >.<
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-29 12:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind having an NPC in ToAU areas. It really just comes down to people being courteous.

And, that looks like a cool storyline. =)

Also... I like Naja. >.>
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 12:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I wouldn't mind having an NPC in ToAU areas. It really just comes down to people being courteous.

And, that looks like a cool storyline. =)

Also... I like Naja. >.>

Courteous? In FFXI?? Crazy Talk!

And Naja still owes me like 100 Gold Pieces, so *** her.
 Shiva.Derek
Server: Shiva
user: Derek
By Shiva.Derek 2009-04-29 13:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should add it. I like additions that make soloing easier, I hate having to rely on parties when I just wanna log on for an hour or so.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 13:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Derek said:
I think they should add it. I like additions that make soloing easier, I hate having to rely on parties when I just wanna log on for an hour or so.

That's what Campaign is for ^^
 Garuda.Erishkigal
By Garuda.Erishkigal 2009-04-29 13:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Naja has to be one of the more colorful characters in all of FFXI! She's an incredible respite over the regurtitated personalities in every other department of the game (NPCs and PCs alike).

NPC gear has always had some kind of influence with nations/regions/specificmobs/whathaveyou. If ever Adventuring Fellows had Whitegate access, a new line of gear would be neat, too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-04-29 13:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Tkai said:
I was thinking we could make Luto Mewrilah and Naja Salaheem old childhood friends.

Who the hell could be friends with that angry ***? I wanna punch Naja in the face in every cutscene ^^

Seriously though, looks good storywise so far. but ya, I'm kinda with the others on "no NPC fellows in Aht Urhgan"...you'll end up with solo's and duo's out there shutting the zones down for full exp parties, and that's no good >.<

That is true about the over camping reason but you can say the same thing with the FoV books ever after the updates when it comes to people soloing normal camp areas in the game. What I am saying is that I would like to have that option open at least. But, I also would have to agree with you and everyone else about the chance of the bird camps being over run with people soloing with their NPC. I have been in a situation in one of my parties in which we have to send everyone in different camp area just to find one open. Sometimes it can take between 5 to 20 mins just to find a camp then we have to fight with a high level soloing that area which kills any exp chain. I hate to have the NPC ToAU access be another factor in making these camps useless but I just feel that this would be a great addition to the NPC storyline.

EDIT: Oh, I will make another entry with some more of the storyline at a later time.
Xxnumbertwoxx – Did you change you avatar again?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-29 14:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tkai said:
That is true about the over camping reason but you can say the same thing with the FoV books ever after the updates when it comes to people soloing normal camp areas in the game.

[...]

Xxnumbertwoxx – Did you change you avatar again?

Ya, I actually do feel that way about FoV. It's a great idea, and adds a nice supplement to leveling in the lower, more painful levels (esp. Valkurm), and I LOVE the field support (that refresh is freaking UBER, saves me so much on Yag drinks and such lol) but, as with anything else, people not using it as intended *** it up kinda. 20+'s shouldn't be killing Lizards in the Dunes, yet helping a friend through there a month or so ago, trying to compete with them for our 5 lizards when they're like demolishing ***...that was pretty annoying. Qufim's the same way, although it ebbs and flows more then Valkurm, in my observations...

As Tbest said, if people are courteous, then I think it's awesome, and it'd be nice, if anything, to be able to use my NPC as bait when I run into a sticky situation (TANK THAT ***FHIG!! GOOD LUCK, PEACE!!!!! lol) but I have a generally poor outlook on courtesy as pertains to FFXI. Too many self serving *** out there >.<

I am admittedly a pessimist though, I have met lots of awesome peeps running around ^^

And ya, avatar change...Mr. Spock didn't entertain me as much as Jay and Mr. T lol
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-04-29 14:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

Probaly is. It took me 3 runs to do the Mirror BCNM. My NPC either couldn't hold hate or ran out of MP way too quickly. Each time I lost the NM was down to about 5% hp
 Lakshmi.Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-04-29 15:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That was a crazy quest to finish. I believe it took me a couple of times before I won that one. But the quest in which I really got my *** whip was the lvl Cap npc quest in which you have to fight your NPC. It was right after the update and I read alittle about the quest (mainly who to talk to and where to go) didn’t take the npc fight that seriously. They said it was a little Maat fight and I destroy Maat with my pld. So, I didn’t believe that my npc would give me that much trouble at all plus you get to used your Sub job. Easy win. I think I went into the fight as my PLD/WAR. I should have realized something was wrong when I saw my NPC cool looking sword and shield. And when she starting calling Utsusemi I should have just warp the hell outta there and get better gear and food. But, I believe I still have this fight. Easy to say after I ran out of MP and used chivalry my time was up. I was too busy using my self and not doing enough dmg to her. Plus the stupid shadows were really making it hard to win this find in the time frame given. As she was kicking my ***, I was thinking why in the hell she is not this strong all of the time would make fighting NM a little bit easier. After I lost :’( I came back with my PLD DD setup but with RDM sub instead of WAR. Lucky for me she was still had Nin sub the next fight too. I took her down with the quickness.
First Page 2