Whats This? Anyone?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Whats this? Anyone?
Whats this? Anyone?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-28 10:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got this odd little box to the right of my chat log today by pressing some alt button combo thingy. Just wonder if anyone have any idea what that is, and what its for. I couldnt find a way to use it. I managed to get it up a few times, and im not using windower.

User submitted image
[+]
 Fairy.Darlachan
Server: Fairy
user: Darlachan
By Fairy.Darlachan 2009-04-28 10:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that is the JP to EN module.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-28 10:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I've never seen that before...interesting. What did you press specifically (if you remember)?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-28 10:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Darlachan said:
I believe that is the JP to EN module.

^That

I've had it appear randomly also, but I can only "force" it to appear by using the Winodwer Plugin IME.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-28 10:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i was doing "alt + r" to reply on a tell, but when i got curious about it it seemed to pop up when pressing alt more than once, but its all wierd. just seems to work sometimes, or maybe its just coz i have no idea what im doing XD

Edit: Yep i got it to pop up again with alt + r somehow, but as said above i cant click on it. Damn you SE I wanna be able to click it! And I wanna click it now!!
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 11:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I get that randomly too. I haven't had it in a few years now. I think I might have tried to click on it once at some point. So many years ago I can't remember. I assume it is something that is buried in code that they think they got rid of, but the perfect storm makes it appear.