A Little Help, Please...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » A Little Help, Please...
A Little Help, Please...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-10 04:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok..So I'm not finding much info on Zilart path VW. Are there any guides out there? My LS just got ripped apart by Holy Moly. We had 2 stuns go off and it stll got the charm off, and we got obliterated...twice... Any info on the behaviors of Zilart path, would be much appreciated. Thanks folks :)
By Xenshi 2011-11-10 05:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

VW page on BG wiki probably best you're going to get, just make sure you have the basics. Pld shines very well in VW as tank, have the basics and a good amount of jobs and give it hell.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-10 05:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Xen, I had already checked this page, sorry I wasn't more specific. I thought I was. I meant guides for Zilart specifically as those mobs act drastically different than the others (they are all "bsts" essentially..you get a message whenever you kill a pet...etc etc)..

My LS collectively ran through T1-4 on windy/bastok and sandy so far, so we have the basics down, but thank you.
By Xenshi 2011-11-10 05:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For Zilart path, bring along a nin or pld to hold your adds. Don't kill them though just hold till you kill the main NM. Make sure everyone in your group has temps cause they help. Before the DDs engage, pop the temps, fanatics being last so if you proc yellow, you get that one back. The groups I've been in only go for red cap through magic procs the go in for the zerg kill. But, proc, proc, proc, proc, proc and proc is key to winning so you are getting temps back before they wear off. Seems hard but once you do it a few times you can do it without fail everytime. Good luck though with all the logs and ores you guys will get XD! (Such crappy drop rates)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-10 06:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't kill them? like for Holy Moly for example, when we killed one it said something like "you feel a surge coursing through your veins, don't spare the enemy" .....what's that all about? do we really get an attack bonus for killing 1 and not the other? And I appreciate the elaboration ^^
 Bismarck.Hellkyte
Server: Bismarck
user: hellkyte
By Bismarck.Hellkyte 2011-11-10 06:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been wondering myself what those messages from killing the adds meant. The group i go with hasn't figured it out as of yet, but I just wanted to throw out there that Blu/war does well holding the adds for pretty much all the lower tiers. Just try to have a rdm along for phalanx 2. With all the standard blu buffs and p2 up they will be generally hitting for 0.
By Xenshi 2011-11-10 06:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember exactly what that means, think it's just an extra percentage added onto the blitz meaning you cap lights with fewer procs. But again, not 100% sure. Groups i do don't even worry about that.
By ellinor 2011-11-29 14:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you're turning into a tonberry! jk
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-29 16:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Surge increases lights gained on procs... quite easy to see if you're watching %'s, it won't be the usual 20/40/100/200 increase. Some adds you can just have DDs kill (most T1s for example), others you'll probably want somebody holding them (preferably supertanking, so they have to pop the NM - we do this for the cactuar and T3s for example).

Also trying to stun charm is a waste of time, use your temps or kite.
[+]