campaign probs
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-28 01:58:20
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Nerf Ally forces NPCs.

Why? well since the update...Ally forces literally spam the zones (2~4 Ally forces brigades)

Instance 1: I warp in...5min later enemy attack...10min later (ally forces x4 pop)
-Camp has ended. Yes they came and killed them all

Also, after the nuking of forts areas its pretty pointless to camp in there. Meaning the few areas with a camp going on has triple the amount of people then usual...and again we wipe the enemy forces in less then 10~15min (camp ended)

The only reason I actually camp nowadays is to cap my exp... trying to get 10k exp like in the old days is too much work or impossible to do since there is no camps or they don't last as long as it use to be.

I would like them to nerf camp NPC like in the days when BST forces where knocking on Southern Sandy [S] and the sheer amount of camps that was going on. Because really...I don't think the npc should be able to handle the BST forces on their own...because if that's the case o.o why are we even in the past >.>

Also, un~nerf Fort exp plz plz plz!!!!! LFP for 3hrs and getting no invites suck...getting exp while LFP use to be awesome....we also helped claim zones ; ;

anyways what do you think (add wtv you feel like if I missed something)
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-04-28 02:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason I do campaign is for skill u-
OH WAIT
 Kujata.Rosangela
Server: Kujata
user: Angel
By Kujata.Rosangela 2009-04-28 05:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they un-nerf fort exp or something because it blows when you get to the battle late and the only thing that's going on is the npcs beating down on the forts.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-28 06:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Nerf Ally forces NPCs.

Why? well since the update...Ally forces literally spam the zones (2~4 Ally forces brigades)

Instance 1: I warp in...5min later enemy attack...10min later (ally forces x4 pop)
-Camp has ended. Yes they came and killed them all

Also, after the nuking of forts areas its pretty pointless to camp in there. Meaning the few areas with a camp going on has triple the amount of people then usual...and again we wipe the enemy forces in less then 10~15min (camp ended)

The only reason I actually camp nowadays is to cap my exp... trying to get 10k exp like in the old days is too much work or impossible to do since there is no camps or they don't last as long as it use to be.

I would like them to nerf camp NPC like in the days when BST forces where knocking on Southern Sandy [S] and the sheer amount of camps that was going on. Because really...I don't think the npc should be able to handle the BST forces on their own...because if that's the case o.o why are we even in the past >.>

Also, un~nerf Fort exp plz plz plz!!!!! LFP for 3hrs and getting no invites suck...getting exp while LFP use to be awesome....we also helped claim zones ; ;

anyways what do you think (add wtv you feel like if I missed something)

Totally agree, although what I DON'T want is for beastmen armies to be CONSTANTLY marching on the cities, making it impossible to go anywhere or do any campaign ops....

Maybe it was just the day that i decided to randomly go back to campaign and try it out, but my battles were all as Thunderz described, warp in, fight for about 10 mins, fight is over, meager xp/an >.>
 Kujata.Appare
Server: Kujata
user: appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-04-28 07:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Totally agree, although what I DON'T want is for beastmen armies to be CONSTANTLY marching on the cities, making it impossible to go anywhere or do any campaign ops....

At least teleporting out is still possible while a city is under attack, since SE changed that several month ago. They nerfed the beastmen-forces in the same update, so battles in the cities do no longer happen anyway .....
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 07:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rosangela said:
I hope they un-nerf fort exp or something because it blows when you get to the battle late and the only thing that's going on is the npcs beating down on the forts.

Do you know how annoying it is when you have 15-20 people just attacking the fort while 5-6 are out fighting the mobs like they should be? Honestly I don't think there wouldn't have been any nerfing of the fort exp if the greater masses weren't selfish and lazy and just did what they were supposed to do. Because of that things changed. It is like what happened with BRDs just stand at the CA, keep signing, and don't participate in the greater good.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-28 07:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I mind more that I can't hit forts anymore really. When I see allied NPCs against beastmen NPCs usually the bst are owning the allies. I haven't seen the problem you guys are describing? But I HAVE seen when I am one of the only ppl there and I die and then the campaign is over and then I am left there dead bc the NPCs warped right after it ends. lol
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-28 12:47:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Rosangela said:

Do you know how annoying it is when you have 15-20 people just attacking the fort while 5-6 are out fighting the mobs like they should be? Honestly I don't think there wouldn't have been any nerfing of the fort exp if the greater masses weren't selfish and lazy and just did what they were supposed to do. Because of that things changed. It is like what happened with BRDs just stand at the CA, keep signing, and don't participate in the greater good.

Well here is the problem. Why is there a fortification? From my understanding hitting somewhat helps the take over of the region.

2nd the fort was the only way a low lvl could ever exp in camps (so camps is officially a Endgame event)

3rd "more people on the fort less people on the mobs" = win/win they get exp on fort while you can exp on mobs. Just make sure you have RR up. Because in today camp you will have either 45 people on the mob or bunch of npc / 10min later camp ended. Also forts where the only camps that could last up to 1hr?

Wardens said:
I mind more that I can't hit forts anymore really. When I see allied NPCs against beastmen NPCs usually the bst are owning the allies. I haven't seen the problem you guys are describing? But I HAVE seen when I am one of the only ppl there and I die and then the campaign is over and then I am left there dead bc the NPCs warped right after it ends. lol

be happy lol.. on high pop server when you have only 2 interesting camp at a time you will have the entire camp pop in those 2 areas so mobs don't usually last very long OR 5x npc brigade OR maximilian npc raping everything in his way >.> seriously that dood kicks ***
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-28 13:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Icon said:
Rosangela said:

Well here is the problem. Why is there a fortification? From my understanding hitting somewhat helps the take over of the region.

2nd the fort was the only way a low lvl could ever exp in camps (so camps is officially a Endgame event)

3rd "more people on the fort less people on the mobs" = win/win they get exp on fort while you can exp on mobs. Just make sure you have RR up. Because in today camp you will have either 45 people on the mob or bunch of npc / 10min later camp ended. Also forts where the only camps that could last up to 1hr?

Wardens said:

be happy lol.. on high pop server when you have only 2 interesting camp at a time you will have the entire camp pop in those 2 areas so mobs don't usually last very long OR 5x npc brigade OR maximilian npc raping everything in his way >.> seriously that dood kicks ***

Hit the forts while there are no mobs in the area. There is a war going on. I know that aspect is lost of people because it is just a game, but think about it as taking out forces before invading a bunker. I think it would be better if SE would make it if you attack a fort you get super aggro from mobs. Honestly the mobs should be looking to defend just as much as we are looking to attack. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you actually can get more exp while hitting forts while there are no mobs in the area.

And these aren't the lvl 50/60s that I'm complaining about. I see a lot of 75 who just stand there. Free exp! Don't even have to be at the keyboard. I got PUP from 50 to 75 in campaign and the only times I ever targeted forts only was in the Crawlers' Nest or Garliage Citadel when there was no one in the zone that was fighting the mobs. Any other time, no matter what level I was, I was in there killing all the turtles I could kill.

Just make sure you have RR up? Seriously? I don't know if you intended it to sound that way but I read it as: "Go fight over there you can die while people kill forts" This about it from a team aspect. 50 people kill 10 mobs and then they go in and all kill the forts til time expires. -OR- 10 people kill 10 mobs and have them keep dying or not kill all of them in time and have 40 people sit there wacking off to pr0n while their toon hits the fort. Which do you think is the right way to go?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-28 13:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Maximilian and Striking Bull rape mobs like the IRS ripping off poor people. I say get rid of the RNG and BRD NPCs, keep Max and Bull's people with the Woundpatchers and Salvemixers.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-28 13:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

oh i have seen when all those really big monsters spawn for the allies like that big dragon! that was really cool :D

I don't understand it exactly? I was told it was a female elvaan NPC turns into it. But I'm pretty sure there are others.

All in all since I can't do campaign with my lower lvl jobs (60-), I usually just go SAM/DNC or PLD/DNC and solo mobs the whole time. Because that way I'm doing damage, healing myself, and taking damage, and performing actions, all of which adds to my xp/limit points :)

get 1k+ just about everytime unless it was less than 15 minutes maybe.

I still have trouble tanking NMs lol definitely can't on my SAM, but my PLD does a decent job if there are other healers around me. :]

Joyeuse + PLD/DNC = win my gosh just got that a few days ago and I don't know how I lived with out <3

EDIT: Oh and the reason I said its harder now to go to campaign pre-60 is since they nerfed fort xp :/
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-28 13:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:

^This. S-E changed it because of the D-bags that would Auto-attack and go AFK. To those people: Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us. *** you, get aids, and DIAF.

Instead of nerfing the exp, I think S-E should have had the points despawn and move around the structure, similar to mining/harvesting points. That way the AFK *** would automatically put their ***away and stand there like a dumbshit (so we could all point and laugh at them for their incredible laziness, if not even train the NMs to them and kill them)

Other updates I would like to see:

Fort targets disappear if there are mobs coming to defend it. Don't wanna help with the battle? Go home.

Campaign mobs that rage if they get too far away from the battle. LOL, good luck soloing that mob for 20 minutes on the other side of the zone.

NPC deployment that scales according to the number of actual players with tags in a given zone. (40 PC's don't need 2 full brigades of NPCs putting ***down in 3.2 seconds)

Better reporting of when battles are taking place and more consistency with battle length. 5 minute battles are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and annoying as all hell.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-28 13:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can solo most normal mobs as MNK/DNC, then the NMs show up and rape us all lol.