users online
Forum » FFXI » General » HNM fighting why are so many linkshells so picky
HNM fighting why are so many linkshells so picky
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-04-27 14:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on Carbuncle server and it seems there are maybe 1 or 2 good HNM linkshells i always wanted to fight some of these HNMs but cant really do it by myself haha it seems to get into these linkshells u need so much accomplished in game what do u guys think about this?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-27 14:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that post needs some more periods and commas >.>
Seriously though, if an HNM shell can't claim they're gonna fall apart or find something else to focus on. Having only a few quality HNM shells on a server doesn't surprise me.
Also, in before Barrd finds this thread.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 14:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lolBarrd...

It's true most 'good' HNM shells require a TON from their members, and generally the only ones in them are the ones that consider FFXI a second 'job' and are on the game at least 40+ hours per week playing hardcore. If you're lucky you'll get into a relaxed end-game shell and get claim on some of those mobs you've been wanting to fight.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-04-27 14:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya like the only shells on my servers are reported of botting lol so its hard to start my own linkshell because of this
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-04-27 15:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol dont forget the bots dont wish to be rated out

and lol if you have a bot you are in 100% of the time
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-27 15:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

{Found it!}Barrd
 Bismarck.Barrd
Server: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-04-27 15:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol what i have thing i wish to say too lol
[+]

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Aliceisback said:
Ya like the only shells on my servers are reported of botting lol so its hard to start my own linkshell because of this

Well, if its only 2 other LS camping HNM, you should have a chance at claim, but its gonna be really slim. It is really difficult to beat out a bot, though it can be done.

Why do they require so much from members? Well, I've always looked at it like this...

The more you have accomplished in-game, more access you have, more clears you have, the more it shows you're willing to put in effort. A LOT of people want to only be Weekend Warriors in endgame shells, which is why its hard to start a new shell on most servers.

Also, the more you have accomplished, SHOULD mean the more experience you have. HNM shells need members with decent equipment and a lot of experience. The better geared and more experience, the less people you need at one monster.

Bahamut for Example:

LS A: Comes out to Fafnir with 1.5-2 Full Alliances. Takes 40-59 minutes to slay Faf/Nid.

LS B: Comes out with a full alliance, and a few people that can switch out for people that die. Take 15-40 minutes to kill faf, 40-50 to kill Nid.

LS C: Comes out with a partial alliance, kills Fafnir in 15 mins, kills Nid in maybe 20-30 mins.

LS D: Can kill Fafnir with 6 people in 10-15 minutes.

LS D has insane gear. Insane merits, but LS A claims 98% of every pop.

Gear, merits, experience all make a huge difference with HNMs. Try taking an alliance of people who only got their first LV75 within the past month, versus people that've been playing the endgame/HNM scene for a (Long Time). There's gonna be a huge difference.

Why Dynamis/Sea/Sky/Einherjar etc etc access for most HNM Shells? Because even though they're called an "HNM LS", HNM aren't usually the only thing they do. lol

Barrd, I like your avatar. What's it from?
 Kujata.Gooby
Server: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-04-27 16:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:

Naruto ;o

Gooby said:
Aledacia said:

Naruto ;o

I kinda thought so. >.> I can't stand watching the dubbed version, and can't find any subbed version online to watch, that doesn't require DL. ; ;
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-27 16:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Gooby said:
Aledacia said:

Naruto ;o

I kinda thought so. >.> I can't stand watching the dubbed version, and can't find any subbed version online to watch, that doesn't require DL. ; ;

lolfail
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 16:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Aliceisback said:

Well, if its only 2 other LS camping HNM, you should have a chance at claim, but its gonna be really slim. It is really difficult to beat out a bot, though it can be done.

Why do they require so much from members? Well, I've always looked at it like this...

The more you have accomplished in-game, more access you have, more clears you have, the more it shows you're willing to put in effort. A LOT of people want to only be Weekend Warriors in endgame shells, which is why its hard to start a new shell on most servers.

Also, the more you have accomplished, SHOULD mean the more experience you have. HNM shells need members with decent equipment and a lot of experience. The better geared and more experience, the less people you need at one monster.

Bahamut for Example:

LS A: Comes out to Fafnir with 1.5-2 Full Alliances. Takes 40-59 minutes to slay Faf/Nid.

LS B: Comes out with a full alliance, and a few people that can switch out for people that die. Take 15-40 minutes to kill faf, 40-50 to kill Nid.

LS C: Comes out with a partial alliance, kills Fafnir in 15 mins, kills Nid in maybe 20-30 mins.

LS D: Can kill Fafnir with 6 people in 10-15 minutes.

LS D has insane gear. Insane merits, but LS A claims 98% of every pop.

Gear, merits, experience all make a huge difference with HNMs. Try taking an alliance of people who only got their first LV75 within the past month, versus people that've been playing the endgame/HNM scene for a (Long Time). There's gonna be a huge difference.

Why Dynamis/Sea/Sky/Einherjar etc etc access for most HNM Shells? Because even though they're called an "HNM LS", HNM aren't usually the only thing they do. lol

O.oa You can go to Fafnir with 27-36 people and take 40 minutes to kill it? O.oa

Of course there's going to be a difference, but it's not going to be so vast that 6 people will kill a mob in 10 minutes that takes 27 people that are newly 75 w/ no merits and minimal 40 minutes to kill. Sure, you're trying to make a point, but you're going a little bit too far to the extreme there.

As for the Dynamis/Sky/Sea/Einherjar access... Only Sky/Sea take any work to get access to. You can even get access to Dreamlands Dynamis in a day or two.
Dynamis - Rank 6, easily done in a matter of hours.
Einherjar - Only need to be on like the 2nd ToAU mission.

Let's try to show some 'realistic' comparisons here.

And in a rare turn of events... Tbest acts nicely! :O

/sigh Ale, go to Hulu.com. They have like 150 Naruto/Shippuuden episodes, including the most current ones.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-04-27 16:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i have Sky sea and a well geared RDM 75 and decent gared 75 brd and thf. Lol I play this game so much easy 40 or so hrs a week if i got nothing in rl to do so i could be 100% commeted if it requires me to. Thing about starting my own ls tho is that it seems 90% of my server is Noobs that have no idea they are even playing FFXI :(
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 16:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Transfer to a server like Fairy? =)
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-04-27 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy any good? or would it be a waste of 25 bucks lol
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 16:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it's pretty good. =) We have ~5 or so 'big' HNM/End-game shells. My shell does the occasional HNM / sky guard fight, but we're mainly a Dynamis/Limbus shell that's startin up Einherjar as well. =)

Tbest said:
O.oa You can go to Fafnir with 27-36 people and take 40 minutes to kill it? O.oa

Of course there's going to be a difference, but it's not going to be so vast that 6 people will kill a mob in 10 minutes that takes 27 people that are newly 75 w/ no merits and minimal 40 minutes to kill. Sure, you're trying to make a point, but you're going a little bit too far to the extreme there.

I'm actually not joking or anything like that. I camped HNM for a good 6 months, and that was pretty much the state of things here on Bahamut, still is. lol One particular LS does take 2 alliances out, and still manage to rage faf/nid.

And uh >..> the LS that takes out 2 alliances has a mix of really awesome gear...............and really bad gear. Like Homam+Koenig Cuirass with Stamina Rings and a Beak Necklace. >.>

@Aliceisback: Thats how it is for me too. You'd think on Bahamut, with all the people, there'd be a lot of people looking for an LS... Sadly, thats not the case. People are either weekend warriors, or wanna do one thing at a time. W/o someone strict requirements, you will get a lot of noobs, and will be babysitting a LOT. ; ;
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-27 16:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Tbest said:

I'm actually not joking or anything like that. I camped HNM for a good 6 months, and that was pretty much the state of things here on Bahamut, still is. lol One particular LS does take 2 alliances out, and still manage to rage faf/nid.

And uh >..> the LS that takes out 2 alliances has a mix of really awesome gear...............and really bad gear. Like Homam+Koenig Cuirass with Stamina Rings and a Beak Necklace. >.>

@Aliceisback: Thats how it is for me too. You'd think on Bahamut, with all the people, there'd be a lot of people looking for an LS... Sadly, thats not the case. People are either weekend warriors, or wanna do one thing at a time. W/o someone strict requirements, you will get a lot of noobs, and will be babysitting a LOT. ; ;

That's just... Sad... Very sad.

And we were all noobs at one point! <.< >.>
 Fenrir.Kenshinn
Server: Fenrir
user: kenshinn
By Fenrir.Kenshinn 2009-04-27 16:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Gooby said:
Aledacia said:

Naruto ;o

http://www.animeseason.com/