KCNM 30 (Empty Hopes)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » KCNM 30 (Empty Hopes)
KCNM 30 (Empty Hopes)
 Fenrir.Hyar
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-10-25 17:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Really don't feel like updating wiki for this, but so far Empty Hopes seems to be a frenzy killing battleground. Starting out there are a bunch of mobs in the battlefield and a single Recollector. The mobs in general are extremely weak and can be killed by virtually any job, even the Recollector is weak. We are currently doing runs as we speak and will update any current information.

So far I've noticed a few things, after certain memory markers (or amount of wander's killed) elementals will spawn.
  • 10-180 memories for each Wanderer killed. As of right now there seems to be no way of predicting how these numbers are calculated

• Hollow Darkness gave a base range of 800-1400 memories for each killed, every one that we killed ended up casting Firaga on the entire group of mobs left over and wielded no memories.

• Any other Hollow Elements seem to wield between 10-1400 memories as well, speculation from us believes it is based on the day you entered with (entered on Darksday) that will produce a higher memory yield.

• Throughout the battle, messages will appear telling you how much you have collectively received as a group as well as how much time is remaining in 5 minute increments.

• "A curious energy permeates the air around you..." appears around the time when another NM Called "Futile Thinker" appears. This monster is stronger then the other monsters, but is in no real way a threat to the group. A few WS's can take it down easy

• "An invisible force has taken hold of your enemies" is another message that had appeared randomly once when we killed the first elemental that had spawned, we are still unsure of what this did but it seems as though the monsters were bound in place for approx. 10 seconds before moving again.

Party consisted of PLD(Aegis + Excal), 2x NIN (Kannagi) BLM, RDM, WHM. After the first run we decided to have our BLM and RDM swap out to melee jobs respectively to see if we could do it any faster. Our BLM told us that after the first two waves or so his spells began to be resisted. Information will be updated accordingly as I do not feel like updating wiki right now.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-25 17:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue destroys these BCNMs, they are really boring though imo..
 Fenrir.Hyar
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-10-25 17:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I will admit they are a tad bland, as of rewards I have no clue what will come from it. One member traded in a Distant Imprint and got a platinum ore.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-25 17:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I got harfners sash and a polearm from the regular items that all members gets, nothing special but I think the cure potency sword comes from one of them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-25 17:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As Byrth posted on BG when these first came out on the test server, these don't seem to be oriented towards group play. Unless something's changed since then, you don't gain much by bringing extra people rather than just going solo.

Edit: Well nevermind. If you really get the HQ drop items from the item that everyone gets out of the fight, then there's no reason not to go with a full group.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-25 18:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just got a casso sash from the regular item that drops and a friend got Galenus sword, which I wanted lol. These items will be dirt cheap soon I bet.
 Fenrir.Hyar
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-10-25 19:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ended up getting Thunder 5 from this as well as group members getting confirmed drops from what you said Draylo. Thunder 5 price is going to plummet in the next few weeks now =\
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-25 19:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Good. I might actually buy it.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
Server: Cerberus
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-10-25 20:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How many memories are needed to successfully complete this?
 Fenrir.Hyar
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-10-25 20:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently I am unaware of how many exactly are required, however the lowest that we received was 16,000 and our max was 67,000. I don't think the number really matters as to what you will get, it's sortof like the ???'s you get from Nyzul Isle and have to redeem them, completely random if I had to say.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-10-25 20:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did it and got 290 lights and walked out with nothing >.>; so was wondering.
 Fenrir.Hyar
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-10-25 20:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As a base minimum, I have no idea really. Let me finish up with this VNM run and I'll go give it a quick test and see if I come up with the same.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-10-25 21:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Second run, 4490 memories nothing again
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-10-25 21:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Third run, 5570 memories nothing again. Need to figure out the minimum amount needed to obtain items :/
 Fenrir.Hyar
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-10-25 21:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Running up there right now, doing a trio then solo and I'll give you any results :3 Hopefully it's nothing too much bigger.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-10-25 21:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I called it a night, I'm gonna take a guess it's a base of 10k memories to obtain items, maybe lower tier items at that and then the more you get the better the items you get. Just a theory atm.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-10-26 02:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the base is 10k, from doing it twice, reading this and BG, thats what it seems to be, anything less has awarded nothing

edit: i just turned in my items from the last run (got 10420ish memories) i used my orb for the run and got an imprint and reminiscence, the imprint gave me a fragrant dhalmel hide, the reminiscence gave me a casso sash. i'm guessing the rem. is the second tier of drops maybe?
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-10-31 18:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Imprint is given to everybody, Reminiscence is given only to the orb user. That's the only difference. As far as I can tell, they both give the same drops. I did a 6-person run, thus getting 6 Imprints and 1 Reminiscence. The Reminiscence gave Ice Carol II, but an Imprint gave me Cimmerian Sash, as well as getting Earth Carol II from another Imprint. That's why I think they probably have the same drops, I got Carol II from each.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
By Shirukenu 2012-01-13 23:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you trade these imprints afterwards?
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-01-13 23:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Prob Shami.