How Many RNG's TP In Mirke Wardecors?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How many RNG's TP in Mirke Wardecors?
How many RNG's TP in Mirke Wardecors?
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-25 22:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive seen a ton of people now give me a lot of crap about Mirke Wardecors.
Since I dont have most of my own gear down for Racc/Ratk to play around with Snapshot and Rapid Shot more often, I'm used to my piece at the time being.

How many of you RNG's who look at a Mirke Wardecors and TP/WS in Mirke over Osode?

Do you TP in Mirke and WS in Osode?
Do you TP in Osode and WS in Mirke?

As I said, my build for a complete TP/WS system hasnt been fully updated. Unlike most of the better RNG's out there, you could say I was about fairly gimped XD So Im enjoying mine for the time being until I can really update my RNG.

So, question to the answer?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-25 22:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you better tp in it <.<
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-25 22:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

See, I've heard people have been TP'ing in Osode, and WS'ing in Mirke.
So honestly, I'm not sure what people are looking at with snapshot and playing around with their own mirke/osodes
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-25 22:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Or rather full time the mirke over osode. This, I've also heard.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-25 22:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

snapshot sounds the best for a ws.
Mirke is for tp osode is for ws.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-04-25 22:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would use mirke to build tp in. Then when you are ready to weapon skill, macro in osode.
 Lakshmi.Zentetsuken
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Zentetsuken 2009-04-25 22:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Aite, here's the deal with mirke:

Snapshot +5% is awesomeness for building TP. Why? Well, you shoot 5% faster which is like Ranger haste if you will. You shoot faster, more damage over time and more TP gained making it very nice TP gear. Also, your other augment can be RACC+10 which makes it even better for TPing if you have accuracy issues or if you just want to use attack food (Again, awesome for your damage over time). Or you can get RATTK, which, again, is better than Osode for TP.

Osode gives you in total: 5racc/5rattk for TPing. The 10 dex is also useful but for the moment we dont need to consider it.

However, Osode's 10str and 10agi mods will bring it above Mirke for weapon skilling.

If the 5% faster shots doesn't appeal to you on face value consider that, with merits you get 10% Snapshot. Then, add in (I believe...) 15% from Rapid shot, and if you're really lucky and have the Barbut thats another 5%. 35% Snapshot = good times for TPing.

Ideally: You want both, mirke for TPing and osode for WSing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-25 23:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta depends on the build. Though yeah osode will generally outdmg for ws it lacks some racc so if you having racc problems might be good to ws in it like say if you used cannons... also what about Trueflight build... GO MAB!!! I dont think anyone can come up with a reasonable explanation of why you shouldnt tp in ACP though other then you dont have it
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-25 23:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

loltrueflight
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-25 23:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You also have to take into account that your Haste+5% as a RNG also comes into contact with your Snapshot gear/merits + Rapid shot gear/Merits as well as your current ranged weapon.

Take a Great Axe with 590 delay with a DPS of 10.
Then take your [example of haste+5%].
so you'd be looking at an example of:
-
-
5%
-------
Delay: 551.

Do you really believe youll be swinging pretty damn fast w/o other haste gear on? Cause that 5% isn't gonna be TOTALLY noticeable unless you have gear + merits in 2 different job traits that - the full 60+% of haste+++ on RNG. lol. And as stated, also taking into account what type of weapon youre using.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zentetsuken
By Lakshmi.Zentetsuken 2009-04-25 23:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

True Flight.. I gotta say, a "True flight ranger" is probably few and far between. Something like a Holy Bolt build is quite common, so if you need a MND build for holy bolts opt for the Osode.

Again this all depends on your play style. If you're just leveling RNG or use it from now and again, TPing/WSing in Osode is as good as it was before.

But if you're like me and some how just cant let go of the job (Career rangers ftw!) I'd deff put in the time to getting a mirke.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-25 23:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

GUN vs BOW vs XBOW - Delay - DPS - full merits/gear = -60% = DPS+Delay
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-25 23:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Zentetsuken said:
True Flight.. I gotta say, a "True flight ranger" is probably few and far between. Something like a Holy Bolt build is quite common, so if you need a MND build for holy bolts opt for the Osode.

Again this all depends on your play style. If you're just leveling RNG or use it from now and again, TPing/WSing in Osode is as good as it was before.

But if you're like me and some how just cant let go of the job (Career rangers ftw!) I'd deff put in the time to getting a mirke.

*high-fives* Career RNG's FTW! :DDDDDDD
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-25 23:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Id still like to see a trueflight rng built ive yet to hear one good thing about it but this is all from people who refuse to try it. On paper it looks decent.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-26 00:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't read all of these posts, but @ the OP:

Ranged Attack+10 and Snapshot+5. It is the absolute best piece you can ever hope to TP in and the second best piece (off the top of my head) that you can WS in. You really can not beat it.

It's also important to note that that's a total of -15% delay with merits (Caps at a 10% speed reduction through merits), and -20% with that new Orc Helm (Best piece for RNG for head) for a total of -35%, and 40% with Jalzahn's Ring in Assault or Salvage.

Rapid shot activation rate seems to be, from my experience, roughly 20%, so that's 60% total, making for some seriously fast ranged attack with higher-delay weapons, and even faster for the all-powerful Machine Crossbow (Lol, 3 ranged attacks per second xD).

In short, if you have Mirke body for RNG, and do not TP in it, and instead TP in Osode, you are gimp. Even with a 2.5M body piece, it's gimp. Elitist RNGs will always stick with their Osode because that's what they grew up believing, so don't listen to them.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Orc Helm (Best piece for RNG for head)

You mean this?

Drops in this.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-26 01:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I didn't read all of these posts, but @ the OP:

Ranged Attack+10 and Snapshot+5. It is the absolute best piece you can ever hope to TP in and the second best piece (off the top of my head) that you can WS in. You really can not beat it.

It's also important to note that that's a total of -15% delay with merits (Caps at a 10% speed reduction through merits), and -20% with that new Orc Helm (Best piece for RNG for head) for a total of -35%, and 40% with Jalzahn's Ring in Assault or Salvage.

Rapid shot activation rate seems to be, from my experience, roughly 20%, so that's 60% total, making for some seriously fast ranged attack with higher-delay weapons, and even faster for the all-powerful Machine Crossbow (Lol, 3 ranged attacks per second xD).

In short, if you have Mirke body for RNG, and do not TP in it, and instead TP in Osode, you are gimp. Even with a 2.5M body piece, it's gimp. Elitist RNGs will always stick with their Osode because that's what they grew up believing, so don't listen to them.

most important part bolded.
I think your numbers might be off with the TURTLE helm though.
 Bahamut.Cyr
Server: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-04-26 01:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr

TPgain in ratk+10/snapshot mirke.
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-04-26 02:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah enternius pretty much hit the nail on the head.

i personally use snapshot/ratt full time (i haf no osode)

i was thinking of using snapshot/racc to tp in... but then i realized id need a WS body, while snaphot/ratt is acceptable to WS in...

also keep in mind for 90% of HNMs u need to use sushi anyways...

or vice versa u can use ratt food if u go snapshot/racc. guess depends which u use rng for more and what food is cheaper on ur server? :)
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-04-26 02:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke for sure for TP.. hands down, and arguably the best TP body for RNG, and then, yes, Osode for WS. There really aren't a lot of substitutes for these two pieces. :)
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-26 02:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

LOL Snapshot help WS? Lol

Wiki found it!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-26 22:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:
Ludoggy said:

LOL Snapshot help WS? Lol

Wiki found it!

Lulz @ that statement

Mistake or not XD
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-04-26 23:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Current cap for Snapshot(I'm not counting Jring) is +30%

Barbut +10%
Mirke +10% (+5 = 2% per point)
Merits +10%
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-04-27 01:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

im currently full timing mirke with +10 ratk, +5 snapshot since i dont have an osode. but once i do have an osode, it will be a WS piece. and Revision is correct. the +5 snapshot is 10% reduction, not 5%.
 Hades.Celdryn
Server: Hades
user: Celdryn
By Hades.Celdryn 2009-04-28 10:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/

The Offical Website for the Crystalline Prophecy has it listed as "Snapshot+5%" So it if is 10%, then they did that on accident. My guess is its 5% and its just a translation issue. Just like the augments with Haste+3 from ACP Keys, I doubt thats +6% O.o

Edit: Interstingly, the website has it spelled "Mirke Waldecors" not "Mirke Wardecors" so theres definatly translation problems.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-04-29 02:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Celdryn said:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/

The Offical Website for the Crystalline Prophecy has it listed as "Snapshot+5%" So it if is 10%, then they did that on accident. My guess is its 5% and its just a translation issue. Just like the augments with Haste+3 from ACP Keys, I doubt thats +6% O.o

Edit: Interstingly, the website has it spelled "Mirke Waldecors" not "Mirke Wardecors" so theres definatly translation problems.

im just going off the group two rng merits description of snapshot. each "point" gives a 2% reduction.
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 22:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke for TP and KO for WS here :)
thats when I havent dlvld btw -.-
 Alexander.Pakalolo
Server: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Pakalolo 2009-05-03 23:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a good parse on this topic or is this all "one mans personal opinion" ???
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 23:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pakalolo said:
Does anyone have a good parse on this topic or is this all "one mans personal opinion" ???

Don't even really need it, any half decent rng should know the what the numbers on both pieces of gear will do.
 Lakshmi.Mizzoa
user: Mizzoa
By Lakshmi.Mizzoa 2009-05-04 01:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally go:

Mirke - TP Gain
Skadi - Barrage
Osode - Weapon Skill

I've been very happy with the results since the 1st day the bodies came out.
First Page 2