[Voidwatch] Moving Loot To Treasure Pool -Denied

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
[Voidwatch] Moving Loot to Treasure Pool -Denied
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-25 13:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, back at 75 cap, the most fair system was to just sell all drops and split it, even with in your own LS.

What they are saying make sense in that case. We give you a split of what we sell, so if you want something, you should have the money to buy it.

But yeah, sounds like your problem is more with your LS, then anything SE can do about drops.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-12-25 13:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I also want to add that the private chests are great from the stand point of a ls leader. Its so easy for many of you guys to sling about opinions and accusations of the leader getting stuff for him/herself, so, lets just make it totally random and save a headache for a linkshell leader.

Also @Liela about old WoE. I sack pulled a lot for linkshell buddies and placed in the top 5 often - and no we didn't go in with 5. I even got 1st place one time as a WHM sac puller.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-12-25 13:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Honestly, back at 75 cap, the most fair system was to just sell all drops and split it, even with in your own LS.

What they are saying make sense in that case. We give you a split of what we sell, so if you want something, you should have the money to buy it.

But yeah, sounds like your problem is more with your LS, then anything SE can do about drops.

Indeed. :-( We've left this ls before because we really disagreed with some of their fundamental rules. We're back because we had pals on it that we were lonely without. But we still disagree with their rules, lol. :-( Perhaps if I trusted the group as a whole more, or liked their rules more, I'd be fine with the suggestions to pool all the loot from VW. It would solve problems such as people who don't need items getting them, people who do need items never getting them, etc. It really would solve problems.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-12-25 13:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said: »
I also want to add that the private chests are great from the stand point of a ls leader. Its so easy for many of you guys to sling about opinions and accusations of the leader getting stuff for him/herself, so, lets just make it totally random and save a headache for a linkshell leader.

Also @Liela about old WoE. I sack pulled a lot for linkshell buddies and placed in the top 5 often - and no we didn't go in with 5. I even got 1st place one time as a WHM sac puller.

They didn't even let me fight small mobs. xD I'd go in, gather all the small ones immediately, and go die in a corner somewhere so the boss could be pulled to a safe spot. By the time I was up and unweak, usually the fight with the boss was nearly over. :/ Like I said, I wouldn't have given a rip-roaring hoot if the sacker was rotated. But this was my job every. single. time.

Anyways, it has nothing to do with the VW subject, just an example of how (in that group) there were favorites and there were definite un-favorites.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-12-25 13:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »

They didn't even let me fight small mobs. xD I'd go in, gather all the small ones immediately, and go die in a corner somewhere so the boss could be pulled to a safe spot. By the time I was up and unweak, usually the fight with the boss was nearly over. :/ Like I said, I wouldn't have given a rip-roaring hoot if the sacker was rotated. But this was my job every. single. time.

Anyways, it has nothing to do with the VW subject, just an example of how (in that group) there were favorites and there were definite un-favorites.
It is easier to attain leadership than it is to maintain it. Accusations of favoritism can be ruled out immediately with a fair and balanced system. A point system puts everyone on an even slate, for example. All ls leaders have favorites. We're all human. However, those favorites are the ones that strive to make each run as peaceful and fun as possible. Doesn't mean they're getting drops before others. I'm sure, however, there're ls leaders that cater to their favorites and themselves more than their members. You can easily identify them though and avoid joining such shells. (If the members're wearing pink and the SH's have 4-5 Emp's, run for your life).
Edit: A Ls's longevity is another way to determine if it's legitimate or not as well.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-25 14:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, sometimes its really not fair to judge an LS by what the sacks and leaders have. If its a point based system, the leaders and sacks most likely do the most and go to the most events so they get the most points meaning they can spend the most to get good gear.

Regular members that have nothing prob do because they dont put as much in.
[+]
By Quiznor 2011-12-25 14:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »

It is easier to attain leadership than it is to maintain it. Accusations of favoritism can be ruled out immediately with a fair and balanced system. A point system puts everyone on an even slate, for example. All ls leaders have favorites. We're all human. However, those favorites are the ones that strive to make each run as peaceful and fun as possible. Doesn't mean they're getting drops before others. I'm sure, however, there're ls leaders that cater to their favorites and themselves more than their members. You can easily identify them though and avoid joining such shells. (If the members're wearing pink and the SH's have 4-5 Emp's, run for your life).
Edit: A Ls's longevity is another way to determine if it's legitimate or not as well.

Depends,I recall and LS that both you and I were in LT,and leadership specifically did low point gain events all the time ulness we were going for 1 of the 5 leaders gear.Forget everyone else having high enough points for whatever they wanted.

Not to mention other shady ***I wont even get into in detail.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-12-25 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Honestly, sometimes its really not fair to judge an LS by what the sacks and leaders have. If its a point based system, the leaders and sacks most likely do the most and go to the most events so they get the most points meaning they can spend the most to get good gear.

Regular members that have nothing prob do because they dont put as much in.
I totally agree. However, I was suggesting that if they DIDN'T have a point system. Which, btw, many don't. Or, if they do, their points are awarded by the leaders based on whatever suits their whim. In my ls, for example, points are only awarded for attendance and pop items farmed for ls; awarded only when said NM is popped. There can be no discrimination or abuse.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-12-25 14:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

Depends,I recall and LS that both you and I were in LT,and leadership specifically did low point gain events all the time ulness we were going for 1 of the 5 leaders gear.Forget everyone else having high enough points for whatever they wanted.

I know which ls you're referring to, and I won't bother mentioning them here either. However, I would like to point out that in that particular ls, points were awarded by ls leaders for anything an everything. I even recall on a few occasions people with significantly less points than others being awarded certain items.
By Quiznor 2011-12-25 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

I know which ls you're referring to, and I won't bother mentioning them here either. However, I would like to point out that in that particular ls, points were awarded by ls leaders for anything an everything. I even recall on a few occasions people with significantly less points than others being awarded certain items.

Not to mention magically gaining 100+ points for BS reasons because someone took something they shouldnt nhave based on points and didnt wanna drop down 100 so they could still have access to w/e they wanted first.

***,i went into detail.Oh wellI still have a few more days till new years
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-25 14:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that just goes back to the point:

Don't join shitty Linkshells/leave shitty linkshells.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-25 16:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I hate to be rude about my own ls, but even now they make members pay for drops. I recently asked about the prospect of getting a novio earring, and was told by my leaders that after I helped farm the pop sets and fight the boss, I could spend the vast majority of my points on it and be charged 7 million gil, which is the market value for novios currently on Odin. I said thank you and went out and bought my own novio for 6, spending one mil less and no points at all. Their justification is that the money is redistributed to the members when the bank is split monthly, but I really don't agree with this rule. (I don't agree with it on any basis, but especially not since I'd be the only one buying a drop and therefor I wouldn't be repaid by other members also buying drops.) If I can't trust my ls or agree with them on rules for old items like that, then I sure as all hell am not going to trust them with new items. :-(

Sounds like you have some retards leading your Linkshell.
I can't believe players actually tolerate those type of Linkshell policies.

In your example, the only acceptable methods SHOULD be:
  • You farm/buy the pop items. Linkshell kills the NM. You select one loot item. Linkshell gets the other items, or,

• Linkshell farms/buys the pop items. Linkshell kills the NM. Members bid Linkshell points on the loot, or,

• Linkshell farms/buys the pop items. Linkshell kills the NM. You buy the loot with gil.

Having to farm/buy the pop items yourself, burn all your Linkshell points, AND still pay gil for the loot is absolutely ridiculous and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I hope you're getting something else out of your experience with this Linkshell besides loot. Otherwise, I feel really bad for you (and anyone else in your situation with your Linkshell).
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8