users online
Forum » FFXI » General » illusion chests and coffers
illusion chests and coffers
 Hades.Buffy
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Buffy 2009-04-25 08:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

right to the point; I had a CN coffer key and went to 5 coffers in a row telling me they were all illusions. Being pissed off about it, i decided to get rid of my Delfutts tower chest key. Found 3 chests there all to be illusions. When i asked my linkshell about them, they said it was another way for S.E to piss us off telling me they didnt know jack about it. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-25 08:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Crying is one way to start. This pissed me off as well. /cry.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-25 08:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lulz, good thing I'm not after AF
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-25 08:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

AF is okay. That's what this was designed for. Mission items (Maps, AF, etc) will still be obtained reguardless if the coffer is a lie or not. Had something to do with RMT, as usual.
 Hades.Buffy
Server: Hades
By Hades.Buffy 2009-04-25 08:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

wonderful. Makes me so flippin happy. :/

thanks for replies. :)
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-25 08:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only open one coffer per hour now. If you have recently found one, the next coffers will be an illusion. The respawn time for coffers is down to 5 minutes, however. Makes it easier for everyone to get the AF or whatever they're going for. There are still glitches, as with any new system, but in general, it definitely beats having to wait 45 minutes for the coffer to respawn.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-25 08:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
You can only open one coffer per hour now. If you have recently found one, the next coffers will be an illusion. The respawn time for coffers is down to 5 minutes, however. Makes it easier for everyone to get the AF or whatever they're going for. There are still glitches, as with any new system, but in general, it definitely beats having to wait 45 minutes for the coffer to respawn.

You (personally) can only open 1 coffer a day (at least, it seems to me).

Each zone, you can only open 1 coffer per hour to collect anything but quest/AF ***. Meaning, if somebody pop'd a coffer and got gil, everyone else who wants to pop coffer for gil has to wait an hour to collect gil.

So yeah, don't collect gil anymore.
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-04-25 09:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Enternius said:

You (personally) can only open 1 coffer a day (at least, it seems to me).

Each zone, you can only open 1 coffer per hour to collect anything but quest/AF ***. Meaning, if somebody pop'd a coffer and got gil, everyone else who wants to pop coffer for gil has to wait an hour to collect gil.

So yeah, don't collect gil anymore.

well yes and no

I have poped 2 chests in a row

and I have not been able to open one for 4 hours
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-25 10:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i have opened enogh chests when farming cockatrice meat and coffers when lvling my NPC, i was able to open them every 30 mins unless somone already did for the gil.

basically if you have a quest like AF or dont have the map then you WILL recieve the item/map reguardless.

rewards like gil and synth/money items will only bee given if you have map and no quest like AF active but will only give you this every 30 mins if no one previous has opened for gil. same thing if a 3rd person tries to open the chest/coffer within the 30 min period

basically if you opened the chest/coffer then i go open it 5 mins later then i will get the illusion untill 30 mins after you open it, the rumor going around about it beeing every hour is not true well for me and everyone i know.

Brahmdut said:
well yes and no

I have poped 2 chests in a row

and I have not been able to open one for 4 hours

this is because people have opened the coffer before you were able to and recieved the gil/non quest item
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-04-25 12:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's -anyone- opening the chest for non-quest or map items. Of course, there's no actual way to tell that you can't open the chest/coffer, so it's more annoying than it needs to be.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-25 12:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, S-E could have made it a little easier to discern whether or not the timer was up for the non-AF/map chests...how I dunno, but there has to be some way...

That being said, I am kinda glad they did this...sure it's annoying for gil making purposes, but after watching someone spend literally an entire day fighting to get just one chest, while a 75 THF that had stacks and stacks of picks in Monastic Cavern popped them every time they spawned before he could get there, I think it was needed. There's lots of ways to make money...but only one way to get AF.
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-04-26 20:21:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

You know if you check the chest/coffer, you'll get two different confirmations.

I'd quote if I could remember what they were, but basically one ends in "..." meaning you can't open it and if you try it'll despawn as an illusion. If it ends with a solid statement and "." then use a key/pick or whatever.