Who Is Not Able To End ACP?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Who is not able to end ACP?
Who is not able to end ACP?
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-04-24 22:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a spanish saying: "Las penas con pan son menos" (Woes with bread are less)

It looks that I'm unable to get a Party to finish ACP. The reasons is that I'm only a WHM SCH or THF. Everyone wants MNK, PLD, RNG or RDM. Anyone happening trough something similar?

Share? Rant if you want.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-24 22:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Except WHM using Stoneskinga pwns the ***out of RDM in that fight now. People are lol.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Pocoterremoto 2009-04-24 22:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont see why ppl dont want whm...they are good there for healing, also if u cant get in a group, make ur own, i beat it with drg after all these ppl saying and drg whining that they are useless there, but they arent, they can kill clones :D
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-04-24 22:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only SAM and SCH. I did the fight with SCH PLD RNG SMNx2 and a BLM. I just main healed and tossed out stoneskins. Most groups need a main healer too bad ppl forget sometimes SCH can main heal too.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-24 23:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i have not got past mission 3 yet for ACP but not really that bothered about it, i will get to it some day. the body pieces are not all they appear to be anyways, only good thing is the augment you gan put on them
 Alexander.Pakalolo
Server: Alexander
user: Pakalolo
By Alexander.Pakalolo 2009-04-24 23:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

we did it with rng X3, rdm/drk, pld, whm, we took 1 ga the whole fite, people or sooo "we need 5 stunners or were gona wipe" crap, all you need is 1 stunner and with a whm rdm can be on the stuns and not get caught in the middle of a cure and miss a stun...But your party must be heavy on the rng attack.
 Gilgamesh.Yuudye
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuudye
By Gilgamesh.Yuudye 2009-04-24 23:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM is a beast in the job, shellra V. Regen, Cure V, just sit in the fulcrum on WHM seeking. You'll get one eventually.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-04-24 23:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuudye said:
WHM is a beast in the job, shellra V. Regen, Cure V, just sit in the fulcrum on WHM seeking. You'll get one eventually.

Done that for the past hours... nothing. So I go back to aht (Dammit!! Pressed the tab key no auto translate) Urghan and someone in LS said well, im up for next ACP 11 fight, i was like "All Right!" Then I DCed. Came back a minute after, and well... now they stay Silent as Tiki figures. Waited in Stellar Fulcrum for like 30 more mins, and warped back. Friends are like the best thing ever arent they?
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-04-24 23:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished this last night, and I can say that most of our success was from the SS off of cures from the WHM, it at one point stopped all but 87 dmg from a Seed of Judgement (Fealty was on also). WHM is a beast in that fight, especially if you stack in a RDM/DRK to stun and refresh. Our setup was BLM, RDM/DRK, WHM, RNG, SMN and PLD. SMN also knocks the crystal's dome in with predator claws for 650-700.
 Midgardsormr.Tousou
Server: Midgardsormr
user:
By Midgardsormr.Tousou 2009-04-25 00:10:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

75THF and I failed once. After how badly that fight went, I decided it was better to put it off until I had something more useful, both for myself and any party I went with.

Everyone getting turned into Mandies sucks ***. -.-
 Cerberus.Vidina
Server: Cerberus
user: vidina
By Cerberus.Vidina 2009-04-25 00:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea This fight is a pain. SMN does good in this fight but im still 0/4
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-04-25 01:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in once on PLD, but I felt useless do to a lack of EG gear. Now I'm waiting until I have RDM/DRK leveled so I can be a stunner and hopefully not fail my group.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-04-25 01:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Really you just need a good pld/rdm with at least +10 MDB gear and at least 2 of either rng or smn and some form of stunner and you can fill rest of pt with w/e. The key to this fight is stunning Aoe and PLD keeping hate with cures and staying out of charm range, the rest is simple.
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-25 10:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lemme put it this way.

I got SAM and BRD, and I cant get a 'winning' party :\

We either timeout at >15%, or fail horribly.

/wrist
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-04-25 10:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always try and zerg it, it seems to work fairly well.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-04-25 10:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't get a party, but that's because I'm a pup. >:
lololol
 Diabolos.Patswee
Server: Diabolos
user: Patswee
By Diabolos.Patswee 2009-04-25 11:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know why even tho I have gone to pol and posted my url, my stats are not showing up when i view my profile? ACP final missino I went 1/6 I tried to zerg 4 times and didnt work it seems that if you go zerg that you have to make sure you SC. After that I decied to go to the "slow and steady wins the race" With a Pld rdm rng smn smn whm it took us 22 mins but we had 0 problems and no one ever came close to dieing. On a side not a rdm/drk is not needed unless you are zerging for chainspell stun, a better alterative is a Pld, Rdm, Blm(for stun and to kill the adds with teir III) then fill the last three spots with jobs such as smn rng or sam
 Titan.Exhile
Server: Titan
user: Clax
By Titan.Exhile 2009-04-25 11:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppl are stupid and seem to think that this is a zerging type fight, nono
Pld/drk Whm/sch Rdm/drk Cor/war-OR-Brd/whm Sam/rng Rng/war
is the only way to go. Yes it is an endurance fight.
with a decent pld that fight is cake.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-25 11:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dracondria said:
You can always try and zerg it, it seems to work fairly well.

Tried, pick up party that sucked. :\
Didnt end well, suprizingly.

Sahagin said:
Can't get a party, but that's because I'm a pup. >:
lololol

Pups do really well against the clones, let alone adds in some extra damage when there is none out. Its actually better then a lot of jobs in there :p
[+]
 Titan.Shirai
Server: Titan
user: Shirai
By Titan.Shirai 2009-04-25 11:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Exhile said:
Ppl are stupid and seem to think that this is a zerging type fight, nono
Pld/drk Whm/sch Rdm/drk Cor/war-OR-Brd/whm Sam/rng Rng/war
is the only way to go.

Sorry if I laugh at your statement of 'the only way to go'.
And Summoners with their hate free damage every minute are not good for this fight?
I won this with 3 summoners, a paladin, a white mage and a dragoon/white mage on thralls.
But that's beside the point as:

Quote:
With competent people that fight is cake.

FTFY.
[+]
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-04-25 11:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

we just won this fight a few minutes ago:

DRK/RDM tanking and stunning, BLM/WHM for stuns and the adds, SCH/RDM for healing and for adds, RNG/NIN for pure ranged DMG, BLU/WAR for cannonball spam and last bot nut least myself as WHM/BLM for curing and regen on tank. long fight but smooth, 5 mins till time out. only hasted drk and blm for stun recast.

i dont see a reason why a WHM shouldnt be helpful in this fight, just bring a lot of yagudo drinks and ethers and mp food.
 Ifrit.Danzigg
Server: Ifrit
user: dimebag2
By Ifrit.Danzigg 2009-04-25 12:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated this fight .. couldnt get a good combo goin tried the main strat with smns =fail
then i decided to try a zerg 5 sams and a rdm/drk fail got it to 6% then tried to go 3 sams 1 monk,brd and rdm/drk fail all together im 1/8 winning combo was sam/war pld/war smn cor whm blm finished with 4 mins left. the zergs were doin ok but that aoe kept blastn us dead with anywhere from 10-2% left
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-04-25 12:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pakalolo said:
we did it with rng X3, rdm/drk, pld, whm, we took 1 ga the whole fite, people or sooo "we need 5 stunners or were gona wipe" crap, all you need is 1 stunner and with a whm rdm can be on the stuns and not get caught in the middle of a cure and miss a stun...But your party must be heavy on the rng attack.

This is the exact setup my group used. I was expecting a hard fight but my god, biggest disappointment of the year. I was on WHM and hardly had to cure. RNGs were always out of AoE range, RDM/DRK watching for any -ga's to stun. Of course you should be able to replace WHM with SCH, RNGs with SAM/RNG or SMNs. The only thing that seemed important to me was - stay the f outta AoEs :)
 Shiva.Aaralyn
Server: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-04-25 13:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Won with WHM/BLM, RDM/DRK, PLD/DRK, RNG/SAMx2 and BLM/WHM. With about 9 mins left. All stood out of range. PLD got hate and kept running away, of course only to get drawn in again, but it works. WHM focused solely on PLD. RDM stunned and refreshed. RNG's DDed it, and BLM took care of clones. If you're a somewhat decent geared BLM, you can one shot the clones with tier 3's. If very well geared, probably tier 2's will work. I almost one shot one with a drain.

RDM's stun got resisted a few times, which looked like it might cost us a few times. But there was no deaths til the very end. Maybe only 10 secs before we won, the PLD died. PLD 2hr'd at start of fight.
 Seraph.Ahnalia
user: ahnalia
By Seraph.Ahnalia 2009-04-25 14:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

we won in about 12 minutes with
pld/drk
rdm/drk
rdm/whm
rng/nin
rng/nin
blu/nin
 Fairy.Rubbaducky
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Rubbaducky 2009-04-25 15:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

sch/rdm + rdm/drk + 4x sam/war meditate to 200 wait on meditate
start fight rdm 2hr chain stun sch can just nuke this fight will last seconds
sams in use tp 2hrs then wings n meditate if it aint dead by then.
You can swap the sch for any 6th job
fight should b over in 30-40 seconds from 1st contact way b4 the rdms 2hr wears

also won this fight as mnk/war sch/rdm blm/rdm nin/war blu/nin smn/whm
monk tanks (only 1 near crystal) evry1 else up steps nin kills clones every1 else on keeping mnk alive / nukeing

im 5/6 only lost 1st go because didnt kno about the ability loss crap

war/sam works wonders too
 Hades.Karou
Server: Hades
user: Karou
By Hades.Karou 2009-04-25 16:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe that the setups you said people want are the only answer or are the only jobs. I don't have /thf or /rng. I went Sam/War. Want to mock me for that? Go ahead. I don't care. I had a crap archery skill. My party was SCH/WHM, PLD/WAR, RDM/BLM, RNG/NIN, SAM/WAR, SAM/RNG. We won in 19 minutes 36 seconds. To me it doesn't matter your job combo if your players don't know what you are doing with the fight. I couldn't hit crap with my ranged attacks, but my merited time on meditate + sekkanoki helped make up for that. That's our strategy. We did it the old fashioned way. Melee ranged attacks, while tank provokes and keeps running back between the mob and the mages. Long, but it worked.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-04-25 16:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You Can Still Zerk this with RDM/drk SCH/rdm
4DDs - Wars mnk Sam & 1drg will do great on it can change that as u please!
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-26 02:55:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Amael said:
There's a spanish saying: "Las penas con pan son menos" (Woes with bread are less)

It looks that I'm unable to get a Party to finish ACP. The reasons is that I'm only a WHM SCH or THF. Everyone wants MNK, PLD, RNG or RDM. Anyone happening trough something similar?

Share? Rant if you want.

My favorite spanish saying is:
First Page 2