Best DD In Voidwatch?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Best DD in Voidwatch?
Best DD in Voidwatch?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Eddrok
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eddr0k
By Asura.Eddrok 2011-10-05 12:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey... just started doing voidwatch and wondering what best DD is any ideas...thanks :-)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-05 12:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM is the best DD by far <3<3<3<3

I honestly don't know lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2011-10-05 12:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM, WF COR or RNG, Relic Gun RNG. Everyone else gets one-two shotted.

edit: SMNs can do pretty good too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-10-05 12:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, sturdy ones if you have a lot of procs covered. Sturdy and versatile ones if you don't. Versatile ones if you have to.
 Siren.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-10-05 12:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Celestius said: »
Best DDs are DDs that know what they're doing.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-05 12:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sturdy and versatile is a good way to look at it. Any DD that's willing to sacrifice their DDing for procs is better than any Amano/Fudo SAM imo. You take it down once you cap lights – and once you cap lights, a DD is a DD. Fanatics and Fools, so long as they get them back, can make DDs last a good while before they go down.
[+]
 Asura.Billnye
user: Billnye
By Asura.Billnye 2011-10-05 13:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ironpandemonium always praises taru rangers, so i think taru rangers are the best.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-10-05 13:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

my personal favorite is smn. before cap increase(95), we would low man t4's and smn's would tear the mob down quickly using magical bp's.

ofc there are other options. if you are doing it right, a physical dd war sam w/e, should be able to keep up a fools or a fanatics the majority of the time due to quick procs replenishing your temp items. though in my experience, if they run out, they quickly become a mp sponge.

although this isnt the case now a days. we decided if we were going to low man vwnm's it would take considerably longer to kill and get good procs without an array of jobs. so we added members just for this reason.

oh and some random other thread mentioned that sam/thf is a terrible option when it comes to vwnm's. i cant say one is better than the other, cause we never really had a sam/war(or/w/e) come out. but what i have seen from sam/thf is trick attacking skillchains onto the tanks which i think was pretty cool. one in perticular i recall was a 900dmgkasha>TA>1.7kfudo for a 1.7k double light skillchain via konzen. but thats only one scenario i remember.

TLDR: imo. low man? smns and/or sam/thf's. 12-18? a variety of dd jobs spamming procs to keep up fanatics or fools. be prepared to allocate enough healing magic for those dds who run out of temps in the case of a no proc situation. hope this is helpful, gl.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-10-05 13:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A rng spamming decoy shot on the tank, and then using Gnostic's and shooting under camouflague while decoy is down is awesome on VW. Just dont get yourself double weak.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-05 13:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
A rng spamming decoy shot on the tank, and then using Gnostic's and shooting under camouflague while decoy is down is awesome on VW. Just dont get yourself double weak.

This.

Also if you have armageddon or a relic, the -enmity on WSs helps a LOT. Although WF kinda sucks on some.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-05 13:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can cap all lights off one red stagger, you have good DDS. that said, its all about the spike damage on demand. /SAM and popping those temp wings always helps. RNG seemed to be the best because he can start owning while everyone else spend their precious proc seconds running up to the NM.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-10-05 13:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld/war with ochain almace will produce really good dmg acually. With pizza +1, you can put out 800-1200 cdcs consistantly and live to fight another day. Just ride berserk and aggressor, get the save tp+20 and regain atma and go to town.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-05 13:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

annihilator rng?
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-05 13:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
annihilator rng?

Yoichi can perform just as well, thanks to decoy shot making the difference in enmity mitigation fairly irrelevant.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 13:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said: »
my personal favorite is smn. before cap increase(95), we would low man t4's and smn's would tear the mob down quickly using magical bp's.

ofc there are other options. if you are doing it right, a physical dd war sam w/e, should be able to keep up a fools or a fanatics the majority of the time due to quick procs replenishing your temp items. though in my experience, if they run out, they quickly become a mp sponge.

although this isnt the case now a days. we decided if we were going to low man vwnm's it would take considerably longer to kill and get good procs without an array of jobs. so we added members just for this reason.

oh and some random other thread mentioned that sam/thf is a terrible option when it comes to vwnm's. i cant say one is better than the other, cause we never really had a sam/war(or/w/e) come out. but what i have seen from sam/thf is trick attacking skillchains onto the tanks which i think was pretty cool. one in perticular i recall was a 900dmgkasha>TA>1.7kfudo for a 1.7k double light skillchain via konzen. but thats only one scenario i remember.

TLDR: imo. low man? smns and/or sam/thf's. 12-18? a variety of dd jobs spamming procs to keep up fanatics or fools. be prepared to allocate enough healing magic for those dds who run out of temps in the case of a no proc situation. hope this is helpful, gl.

Despite popular belief, BLM(and possibly SCH) is always better than SMN in hate-sensitive situations. Enmity decays quickly enough that BLM is capable of doing more DMG/minute than a SMN is with relatively perfect BP gear.

I also can't see a reason for using SAM/anything over RNG in a similar situation. SAM might pull ahead if fanatic's are flying all over the place, but that isn't practical low-man.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-05 13:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Bahamut.Zellc said: »

Despite popular belief, BLM(and possibly SCH) is always better than SMN in hate-sensitive situations. Enmity decays quickly enough that BLM is capable of doing more DMG/minute than a SMN is with relatively perfect BP gear.

I also can't see a reason for using SAM/anything over RNG in a similar situation. SAM might pull ahead if fanatic's are flying all over the place, but that isn't practical low-man.

For pure DD sch will actually out do blm, but no access to douse is a downside, so in VW blm deffo pulls ahead.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-05 13:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer, obviously.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-05 13:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Dancer, obviously.

qft, Dancer is best for everything.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-05 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
inb4 draylo comes up in this *** spamming blu spells.
Blu can drop quite a bit of damage on demand but only if you have the right spells on and your timers aren't down from resetting... And considering the amount of blu spell procs, it's more than likely that you'll be sitting there for the 1 minute downtime during a proc or you won't really be optimized for damage.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 13:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Blu can drop quite a bit of damage on demand but only if you have the right spells on and your timers aren't down from resetting... And considering the amount of blu spell procs, it's more than likely that you'll be sitting there for the 1 minute downtime during a proc or you won't really be optimized for damage.

BLU absolutely has the best DMG:enmity, but I'm not entirely sure they'd actually do enough damage for it to compete with traditional spellcasters. I could be very wrong, I've never looked into it, I just don't remember Regurg. being mindblowing.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-10-05 14:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of abyssea burned BLMs never learned hate control, or relied on abyssea-buffed DDs to get hate back in one 5-10k ws. If your blms or schs are smart, they wont be spamming tier5s, jas and comets at 98%, like I have seen some do. A blm or sch also using gnostics, spamming t3s and t4s, usually wont have to douse until the low 30s if at all. A mage pulling hate can wipe the support in seconds if they are not careful.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-10-05 14:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee smn
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 14:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
Alot of abyssea vurned BLMs never learned hate control, or relied on abyssea-buffed DDs to get hate back in one 5-10k ws. If your blms or schs are smart, they wont be spamming tier5s, jas and comets at 98%, like I have seen some do. A blm or sch also using gnostics, spamming t3s and t4s, usually wont have to douse until the low 30s if at all. A mage pulling hate can wipe the support in seconds if they are not careful.

That's not really how it works when you're low-man. I usually Douse within the first minute or two, and then every time its up afterward. A solo BLM has to deal a lot of damage to kill most higher tier mobs on their own.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-10-05 14:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

OP wasn't asking lowman DDs, just best.
[+]
 Asura.Eddrok
user: Eddr0k
By Asura.Eddrok 2011-10-05 14:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

okay thank you very much think im gunna test out the jobs for it then find out what works best for me thank you very much guys!!!
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-05 14:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking in regard to the tangent a few of us went on.

For full-alliance VW, it doesn't matter in the slightest. You'll have most jobs because of procs, and everyone deals fine damage when they have a fanatic's on.
By Starkzz 2011-10-05 14:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

cannonball BLU yooooooooooooo
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-05 14:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

BLU absolutely has the best DMG:enmity, but I'm not entirely sure they'd actually do enough damage for it to compete with traditional spellcasters. I could be very wrong, I've never looked into it, I just don't remember Regurg. being mindblowing.

I'm primarily referring to physical spells, in the span of 20 seconds, one can cast probably 6 or 7 dd spells a bit fewer if you have to run in. If you have tp or a wing, a CDC and maybe a self sc if there isn't a ton of other ***going off. I've not gotten a chance to see how our damage is against the higher tier nms but Blu has always been rather mediocre vs high level high def nms, so I'm not expecting them to beat out others. Nice thing about blu is you don't need tp to be able to do a bit of damage during a proc window, even a standard 5 second stagger.

Nuking damage isn't something I've been much impressed with. Even if regurgitation was epic spike damage, you'd not be able to do very much magical damage in the span of 20 seconds and many of blu's nukes are too short ranged for you to be out of NM aoe damage.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5