First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-22 14:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a relic faster? C'mon...

I can jump into a flux now without a party and get roughly 3 coins each round. That's a weekend spamming that stuff assuming I get 1 of the desired coins per round and cnot get a pouch. Plus the 85 and 90 upgrades were gotten MONTHS ago.

Cheaper
Faster
Easier

For many I have no doubt the empy is well worth it. But for me and the gun on COR, I'll just spam it until I get 12 more coins.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-09-22 14:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

After twenty runs my total stands at:

6 ruin
3 decay
5 glory
12 advance (got a pouch of 5 twice)
6 birth
2 Devious Die

All runs done on smn. Getting Blackscreened every 6-7 runs with error code 282d44 on Ps3. Even on runs where I don't DC I have massive lag, so def not maxing out my potential point accumulation. Xp falls between 8k-11.5

Incidentally both times I got Die was where I blackscreened early, and returned to finish like the last 20% with a low evaluation.
 Ragnarok.Amonk
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2011-09-22 15:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
humorous manor

[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-09-22 15:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I can jump into a flux now without a party and get roughly 3 coins each round. That's a weekend spamming that stuff assuming I get 1 of the desired coins per round and cnot get a pouch. Plus the 85 and 90 upgrades were gotten MONTHS ago.

Cheaper
Faster
Easier

For many I have no doubt the empy is well worth it. But for me and the gun on COR, I'll just spam it until I get 12 more coins.

You can clear a flux solo?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 15:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amonk said: »
humorous manor

It's been a long day :(

I didn't ask for this etc
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-22 15:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amonk said: »
humorous manor

If you were right next to me I would totally give you a high five, not because I'm trolling but cause your timing is impeccable.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-22 15:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »

Cheaper
Faster
Easier

No, I don't need to recruit anyone because everyone is already there and spamming it and likely will be for the next few weeks.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-22 15:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Smells like Ragnarok in here.

And that is not a pleasant smell.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-22 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To those not used to it, Flion, the smell of winning can often be discerned as unpleasant.
Let's not hate on Rag.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-22 15:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
To those not used to it, Flion, the smell of winning can often be discerned as unpleasant.
Let's not hate on Rag.

You seem to have misspelled 'Whining' there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-22 15:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

After carefully reading my post again, I have in fact come to the conclusion that my spelling is correct. Rag has a lot of idiots on it, I just prefer we not all be thrown under that assumption.
By Pooman 2011-09-22 15:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheaper
Faster
Easier

No, I don't need to recruit anyone because everyone is already there and spamming it and likely will be for the next few weeks.

"WOE weapons are far easier to obtain than Empys, and require less people."

"Requires less people"

You might be by yourself, but you still require more people to get the WoE version.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-22 15:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

After carefully reading my post again, I have in fact come to the conclusion that my spelling is correct. Rag has a lot of idiots on it, I just prefer we not all be thrown under that assumption.

I suggest you send it out for a second opinion.

I'm pretty sure 'Whining' was the word you were looking for buddy :)

Blame Cait-sith.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-22 15:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »

I suggest you send it out for a second opinion.

I'm pretty sure 'Whining' was the word you were looking for buddy :)

Blame Cait-sith.
Once again, I meant what I said.

Anyways, did some WoE with some friends last night. And other then the occasional person aggro'ing the boss and slowing down the run I had a lot of fun. After about 5 runs I only had about 5-6 miss matched coins. But I wasn't really after that so it didn't bother me.
I do certainly agree that the old WoE was easier to make weapons, because if you could convince 2 or 3 well geared friends to do it with you you could complete 3 weapons in the same timeframe it would take to do one empy. At least that's how some friends did it.
I also feel it's far to early to make any assumptions as to how WoE will be. With zones filling every time within minutes, who knows how drops will be once the appeal dies down. Assuming it does.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-22 15:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Deleted some posts. Issued a couple topicbans. Let's chill and stay on topic.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-22 16:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooman said: »

Cheaper
Faster
Easier

"WOE weapons are far easier to obtain than Empys, and require less people."

"Requires less people"

You might be by yourself, but you still require more people to get the WoE version.

Yes I said that, what I meant is it's like campaign, you can just go to the event (by yourself) join in the fun that's already taking place, and get your drops.

Is it clear now?
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 16:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if the evaluation methods are like campaign, in that healing, dding, etc. all have different caps, and to get the alleged 15k cap you need to specialize in a majority, or could I say go on a dd job, dd, and then expect to get the full 15k
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-22 16:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if the evaluation methods are like campaign, in that healing, dding, etc. all have different caps, and to get the alleged 15k cap you need to specialize in a majority, or could I say go on a dd job, dd, and then expect to get the full 15k

I believe there are different catagories, also I think the longer you stay in the zone extends/reduces the cap as well just like campaign. Did a bunch of attacking with Garuda one round and netted 6k in a 15 min round. Did a little attacking another round with Garuda but on one that lasted longer and got 4k. Then I netted about 8k when I came Thf/Dnc and did very little attacking but a bunch of healing. It makes Pld/Dnc a solid choice.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-09-22 16:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

From me, my mule, and people I've been grouped with I've now recorded 92 runs.

2 total pouches
31 coins
41 die

Now about half of those were done before 7-10 opened on Siren this morning so there may be higher rates on die/coins in upper tiers. The two pouches were on low evaluations (5k and 6k) so I would lean against your evaluation increasing pouch chances.

It's slow as Christmas. The one thing it does have going for it is that you can do several weapons at the same time. Also, it seems like by the time you have 30 coins of one type you may very well have 100 die so you get a "2 for 1" upgrade.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 16:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I see
Pld happens to be one of the few jobs I don't have, something about being amongst plds with terrible personalities over the years in an hnm shell made me grow to spite them
but I digress, there seems to be a lot of smns in voidwatch, I'll try that later tonight I suppose, seeing as how bloodpacts affect all participants
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-09-22 16:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say yes. Before the update I would rarely get above 10500 just attacking, taking damage, and curing myself with nin/dnc in slimes. However, when I actually started using ninja magic and flourishes I would get up near 12k. We ran with the same 4 people everytime so it was a pretty controlled environment. Went from 2nd everytime to 1st.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 16:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I went as pup/dnc to a conflux 6 run I believe it was, the one with the hydra, anyways took like 10 minutes with all the people there, and I did mediocre damage (shocking) and really only healed myself to prevent dying, and when weakened from an inevitable hurricane breath death I'd just set Mushroom on something, light maneuver, and let it cast some spells
ended with like 10.5k despite having contributed really almost nothing to the effort of the group
maybe if I increase my useless levels, my evaluation rewards will increase in turn
By Pooman 2011-09-22 16:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
From me, my mule, and people I've been grouped with I've now recorded 92 runs.

2 total pouches
31 coins
41 die

Now about half of those were done before 7-10 opened on Siren this morning so there may be higher rates on die/coins in upper tiers. The two pouches were on low evaluations (5k and 6k) so I would lean against your evaluation increasing pouch chances.

It's slow as Christmas. The one thing it does have going for it is that you can do several weapons at the same time. Also, it seems like by the time you have 30 coins of one type you may very well have 100 die so you get a "2 for 1" upgrade.

I did about 5 runs this morning and got no pouches, and I got 10-13k exp each run.
No spells either, so a very unlucky run so far /cry.

Edit: Was doing turuls as dnc.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-22 16:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the number of players involved also determines the rewards, a harder battle but increases rewards. It's the only thing that would offset the ability to 5-man a conflux and get much more coins previously
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-09-22 16:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the number of players involved also determines the rewards, a harder battle but increases rewards. It's the only thing that would offset the ability to 5-man a conflux and get much more coins previously

Perhaps. When I did it the flux was 36/36. Probably cleared it in about 10-15 minutes due to the crazy amount of people getting killed, to the point where the 30 second auto-reraise felt like an hour wait.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2011-09-22 16:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the new WoE...I finally get to use my SMN again for something >.> I been doing it lots and lots of times..but so far no luck with the new scrolls!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-22 17:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to adjust this hour long lockout timer. While I understand the need for a lockout of some sort on an event that limits the amount of people that can enter at any given time, an hour is a bit much. 20-30 minutes would be reasonable.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7