users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Lord Asag T3 VWNM
Lord Asag T3 VWNM
 Siren.Miyokonami
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-09-14 21:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking to see if anyone had any info on this guy.

Tonight was the first time my LS and I took a stab at him and being there is really no info on him, we went in blind.

We are a low man LS and have fought a bunch of the other VWNM's T1-T3, but this guy... he's something else. We got him to 20% before it really went sour.
Obviously update is next week so there may be a slight advantage when we go back to it.

So, how did you fight him and what are your tips ?
(Aside from throwing bodies at it :) )
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-14 21:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We took him to 50% and alex zerged him, his charm doesnt work with alex on and idr if he absorbed our song buffs but thats how we did it.
 Fenrir.Demomo
Server: Fenrir
user: Skyline
By Fenrir.Demomo 2011-09-14 22:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Tanks.... Rangers.... use shadow bind if it goes super charm spam mode. Other than that, nothing special.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-14 22:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Was that tasteless edit directed at me? It's not "throwing bodies" at him to zerg. It takes 3 well geared DD, a bard and a smn, hardly "throwing bodies" but w/e, gl. Saves stuns for lower % HP and stun charm move and death, thats about it if you aren't gonna zerg.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2011-09-14 22:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have rangers using summoners is another option, same idea though.
 Siren.Miyokonami
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-09-14 23:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Was that tasteless edit directed at me? It's not "throwing bodies" at him to zerg. It takes 3 well geared DD, a bard and a smn, hardly "throwing bodies" but w/e, gl. Saves stuns for lower % HP and stun charm move and death, thats about it if you aren't gonna zerg.

That was part of the original post, no edit. Haha I know that you can throw bodies at anything. But please don't take offense as that was in the original post.
 Siren.Miyokonami
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-09-14 23:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »

We had used 1 PLD 1 whm 1 RDM 1 SAM 4 SMN 1 DRK . Going to try and rearrange it and go at it again, but RNG is definitely a plausible substitute. Might actually try to get a few more people to spread out jobs a bit better, if only for VW.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-14 23:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Miyokonami said: »

We had used 1 PLD 1 whm 1 RDM 1 SAM 4 SMN 1 DRK . Going to try and rearrange it and go at it again, but RNG is definitely a plausible substitute. Might actually try to get a few more people to spread out jobs a bit better, if only for VW.

That setup should be fine, just have the RDM/BLM and have the DRK stun. Make sure both the RDM and DRK are hasted at all times. I don't see it being an issue.
 Siren.Miyokonami
By Siren.Miyokonami 2011-09-14 23:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Siren.Miyokonami said: »

That setup should be fine, just have the RDM/BLM and have the DRK stun. Make sure both the RDM and DRK are hasted at all times. I don't see it being an issue.

Honestly, we did get it to 20% and this was a first attempt so I think we will be able to kill it with a few tweaks... just looking for some insight into how others may have attempted it :)
 Fenrir.Randolf
By Fenrir.Randolf 2011-09-24 05:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

By Xenshi 2011-09-24 05:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

that voice sounds super familiar...>.>
 Fenrir.Randolf
By Fenrir.Randolf 2011-09-24 05:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Which there are so many?
By Xenshi 2011-09-24 05:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol the really high one..is that princessrin i hear?
 Fenrir.Randolf
By Fenrir.Randolf 2011-09-24 06:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya shes my cousin lol
 Bahamut.Brucie
Server: Bahamut
user: Demon
By Bahamut.Brucie 2011-09-24 06:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

she's koool
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-09-24 06:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

\o\ Rinnys the bestest, plus she posts a lot of food >.> always makes me hungry at like 3am... why!! ;;
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-09-24 06:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Very easy with 1-2 RNG. We've had NIN or PLD tank. Either works. Decoy shot people till it dies.
By Starkzz 2011-09-24 07:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Could try teh ol' SMN burn I've seen pathetic LS resort to, besides that: if no relic/emp shield PLD, go w/ two PLD, 1 sittin' out incase gets nasty.
As for DD, RNG and BLM are good, and SMN ofc. BLM bein' the less effective one, but I was doin' quite nicely w/ elemagicskill+ gears.
Under 50%? not 100% sure it's below 50%, but at low HP will very rarely cast death, but it can, I'd recommend a decent stun set for that as he's fairly resistant to stun. Apart from that, not too hard, never really had problems w/ charm.