Current state of affars
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 03:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the US like now?

Its been 7 months since I was last there, have to go back in a month and 8 days or so.

Don't want to go back all shocked at how bad it is if it is bad as CNN says it is.
 Asura.Emoneaone
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2009-04-20 03:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't as bad as the Communist News Network says.
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Server: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-04-20 04:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

its pretty bad its raining acid and dogs are living with cats and jews no longer control the media oh and ted turner effed oprah and sired a super powerful love child
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 04:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How about serious issues?
 Seraph.Renagade
Server: Seraph
user: Dookon
By Seraph.Renagade 2009-04-20 05:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well have you seen the end of the movie Lion King? Where Scar controls the kingdom and everything is dead and there is no more food. It's basically like that...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 06:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Renagade said:
Well have you seen the end of the movie Lion King? Where Scar controls the kingdom and everything is dead and there is no more food. It's basically like that...

So, I have to go rescue the kingdom now?
 Unicorn.Callysto
Server: Unicorn
user: Callysto
By Unicorn.Callysto 2009-04-20 06:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that changed in the US is Bush is out office.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 06:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Same ***, different day?

What's the situation on Obama? All I get is biased news.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-04-20 06:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

This. (Tho Bush was a bit more like Scar)

If you don't have an uber competitive resume and don't have a job lined up already, GL trying to find anything decent, reliable full-time, or much of anything at all.

At least that's the way it is in a lot of places -.-. I have a BA and really couldn't find /jack/ for months (shouldn't have quit my old waiting job). I ended up leaving the country to find decent (/any) work.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-20 06:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't blame the economic crisis on Bush alone though. This situation started in the 80s with Ronald Regan, continued up until last August. And what about Obama's election promises about correcting the "Bush problem" in 6 months? Is that going anywhere? As far as what I can pick out of the biased news network (aka CNN) is that its even worse now than it was when Bush was president (although CNN never said that, they are Pro-Obama).

And the situation is dire everywhere, not in the US.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 08:55:24
 Delete | Link | Quote | Reply

cnn=biased

fox= very biased.

i mainly read the news from overseas sites, and i occasionally pick up the times, or go back and forth between cnn/fox. both networks are liars.. and whether or not obama or bush started this downturn.. we're all suffering, so we gotta stick together somehow.

jobs are not that easy to come by. even mcdonalds is raising the criteria for a job there! at my job, there has been a hiring freeze for a year, and unemployment is skyrocketing.

everyone thinks obama is a miracle worker, and things dont happen overnight. i know it's hard to be patient but we don't really have much choice. I understand he said he'd try to turn around what bush has done within 6 months, but you have to realize he just started office in january, 6 months has not been over yet.

sometimes what appears on the outside as an easy task to turn around, and have more menacing inflictions inside. so everyone work together, whether if you're a democrat or republican, and start getting on congress' *** to start pushing some bills or laws that's going to see some almost-immediate impact on our lives.

it irks me when ppl just rag talk obama, as well as any other president. give the man a damn chance to get the ball rolling on these important issues before you start pointing fingers
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-20 09:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 10:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shamaya said:
If you don't have an uber competitive resume and don't have a job lined up already, GL trying to find anything decent, reliable full-time, or much of anything at all.

^This. I've been dropping resume's and submitting aps for months now and can't find ***. I mean, I can't even get hired at the local Wal-Mart, let alone a job that actually isn't gonna make me wanna /wrists everyday. Having 10+ years retail management experience don't count for ***when you're competing with people that have a Masters applying for the same positions...which is damn sad in itself. I haven't quite gotten to rock bottom and started applying in Fast Food yet...but it's looming on the horizon, and that's *** depressing. I hope ***turns around soon, living off of unemployment and watching my savings dwindle *** sucks...

That being said:

Korpg said:
Same ***, different day?

Pretty much. God I hope things start turning around somewhat soon, but that's prolly foolish of me if news reports are to be believed...
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-20 10:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

D: Yeah, this stuff sucks, Liveing in the stick alone, is hard enough, when the only close employment is the gastation that gets robed 3 times a week :x it's gotten to the point where they had to close the police station, and now my "town" is policed by high way patrol <.>; (Sadly, I actually see more cops now..)

>.< Lucky parents have there own bussnes, sadly. i cant even work for them (its going under) Even with like 35,000$ orders from the air force >.> <.<;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-20 10:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ktjrn said:
cnn=biased

fox= very biased.

i mainly read the news from overseas sites, and i occasionally pick up the times, or go back and forth between cnn/fox. both networks are liars.. and whether or not obama or bush started this downturn.. we're all suffering, so we gotta stick together somehow.

jobs are not that easy to come by. even mcdonalds is raising the criteria for a job there! at my job, there has been a hiring freeze for a year, and unemployment is skyrocketing.

everyone thinks obama is a miracle worker, and things dont happen overnight. i know it's hard to be patient but we don't really have much choice. I understand he said he'd try to turn around what bush has done within 6 months, but you have to realize he just started office in january, 6 months has not been over yet.

sometimes what appears on the outside as an easy task to turn around, and have more menacing inflictions inside. so everyone work together, whether if you're a democrat or republican, and start getting on congress' *** to start pushing some bills or laws that's going to see some almost-immediate impact on our lives.

it irks me when ppl just rag talk obama, as well as any other president. give the man a damn chance to get the ball rolling on these important issues before you start pointing fingers

Ball's been rolling since January, and it's going the wrong damn way.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 10:53:02

I just hope that one day (and soon) things can get back on track! I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done, but capitol hill needs to be picthing some ideas and stop this crappy politics fighting because we are suffering! we dont 500,000 incomes and bi-monthly bonuses like some of them do. I don't see how a lot of those people go to work with a clear conscience, knowing that almost 90% of americans are suffering and losing everything.

Makes no sense.

and btw, the ball has not been rolling since january, job decreases and lay offs have been going consistent for the past 2 years 0.0
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-20 11:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fine, let me rephrase it for you: ball's kept rolling same way it has been since the Bush administration and possibly since the late Clinton era (though I wouldn't know, I didn't pay attention back then) and Obama's giving more of the same. The implication was that Obama's been rolling since day 1 and nothing's gonna change. Same ***, different day is the perfect way to describe it. If you haven't noticed, not a damn person on Capitol Hill has even a basic grasp of economics. You're not sure what needs to be done, neither are they.
By the way, they don't care about you. Special interest groups do a damn sight more to get politicians re-elected than a bunch of independent voters ever will. Why do you think they cozy up to groups like the NRA? Funding for election campaigns, not to mention voters. They get money and a cozy job, we get left out in the cold because our voices are drowned out by people with real power. Welcome to America.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 11:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Same ***diffrent day.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 11:25:11

Nightfyre said:
Fine, let me rephrase it for you: ball's kept rolling same way it has been since the Bush administration and possibly since the late Clinton era (though I wouldn't know, I didn't pay attention back then) and Obama's giving more of the same. The implication was that Obama's been rolling since day 1 and nothing's gonna change. Same ***, different day is the perfect way to describe it. If you haven't noticed, not a damn person on Capitol Hill has even a basic grasp of economics. You're not sure what needs to be done, neither are they.
By the way, they don't care about you. Special interest groups do a damn sight more to get politicians re-elected than a bunch of independent voters ever will. Why do you think they cozy up to groups like the NRA? Funding for election campaigns, not to mention voters. They get money and a cozy job, we get left out in the cold because our voices are drowned out by people with real power. Welcome to America.

i live in america! we all need to open your eyes a bit more wider to this situation at hand. if we they ould read into what we the people have said, then there should be no excuse as to why they can't get together to try to come up some resolution! they may or may not, who knows.

the majority of the us is full of us little people.. and damnit, there's only so much we are going to take. people are already starting to revolt
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 11:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ktjrn said:
Nightfyre said:

i live in america! we all need to open your eyes a bit more wider to this situation at hand. if we they ould read into what we the people have said, then there should be no excuse as to why they can't get together to try to come up some resolution! they may or may not, who knows.

the majority of the us is full of us little people.. and damnit, there's only so much we are going to take. people are already starting to revolt

Where are there revolts? Are you talking about the lolteapartys?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 11:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rich get richer, poor get poorer...it's *** up, but it's also an old story >.<

My grandfather supported a family of 6 on one income back in the 50's and 60's...whatever happened to those days? It's a damn shame...
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-20 11:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
How about serious issues?

The Philadelphia Phillies won the World Series ... is that any indication of how bad it is?

WORLD PHUCKING CHAMPIONS!!!!

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 11:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
The Philadelphia Phillies won the World Series ... is that any indication of how bad it is?

Holy ***, that slipped by me lol. As a born and raised Philly boy, I feel like a *** disgrace >.<

Mabrook said:
They're still here but basic living nowadays comes with TV, internet, cable, computers, cell phones, etc etc etc...

Ya, you know, I never really thought about that, but yeah, in those days you paid for electricity, gas, maybe water and that was pretty much it for bills outside of car and mortgage.

God, no internet? I would *** die...
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-20 11:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Icon said:

Holy ***, that slipped by me lol. As a born and raised Philly boy, I feel like a *** disgrace >.<

You have shamed us all.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 11:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Icon said:

You have shamed us all.

*weeps*

Can you ever forgive me?

In my own defense, I lost touch with baseball in general, and the Phillies specifically, at the end of the John Kruk, Lenny Dykstra "Macho Row" era...but it's still nice to see Philly take a championship, regardless of team. I hear the Flyers are doing well ^^
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 11:46:36

everything is *** up!

truth indeed
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-20 11:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Icon said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Icon said:

You have shamed us all.

*weeps*

Can you ever forgive me?

In my own defense, I lost touch with baseball in general, and the Phillies specifically, at the end of the John Kruk, Lenny Dykstra "Macho Row" era...but it's still nice to see Philly take a championship, regardless of team. I hear the Flyers are doing well ^^

They did well yesterday ... they got owned in Game 1 it wasn't fun to watch. They are down 2-1. If they win tomorrow they go back to Pittsburgh with momentum on their side. If they can get past Pittsburgh they will more than likely face the Devils (or the Hurricanes if they win the series) oh fun times with rivals.