ACP11
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-16 00:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any tips for Charm?

Everytime I've tried it's went very good until about 50% then the PLD gets hit with a charm and it totally ruins everything.
 Ramuh.Sutaru
Server: Ramuh
user: Sutaru
By Ramuh.Sutaru 2009-04-16 00:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We did the fight with PLD/RDM, WHM/SCH, RDM/DRK, RNG/WARx2 and BLU/NIN for the adds. I hear that WHM can actually take out the adds with holy, so you could probably replace the BLU/NIN or the WHM/SCH with another DD or a buffer, like COR. Our PLD got charmed twice, but the range on charm is very short. AoE can easily be avoided by standing against the wall on the lower level. Look for Seed of Deference, and when he uses it, just run against the wall. If the paladin got charmed, I reposed him. Getting charmed seems to restore full HP/MP, or at least it did for me. After 50%, since you didn't get past it, the Seed uses it's two hour, Seed of Judgement. It's a mean knockback AoE that can be avoided at 17' or if you're standing against one of the walls on the lower level. It can use it several times after 50%. Hope this info helps. Good luck on the fight.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-16 00:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to avoid it is to not melee at all. Keep running away from the crystal. The ability has a 5 second cast time, and you have to move 7~ feet away for it to miss, so if you keep running in a straight line away from the crystal, even if you get a badly timed draw-in, you will still get out of range.

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
Anyone have any tips for Charm?

Everytime I've tried it's went very good until about 50% then the PLD gets hit with a charm and it totally ruins everything.

We didn't even have Charm happen, but...

PLD needs to be constantly running from the Seed Crystal. Only stop to cast spells for hate/cure.

If you have a COR+Stunner in PT, have PLD run towards stairs (rest of PT) and COR use Luzaf's Ring to land Evoker's Roll on the PLD.

We won this as PLD/WAR, RDM/WHM, BLM/WHM (stun + Seed Thrall + heal RNG's duty), COR/RNG(me), RNG/SAM x2. We tried it with PLD/RDM twice, and that failed miserably because the PLD couldn't keep hate. PLD/WAR all the way.

Pop 2hrs & any other useful /ja at the start, and if you have a COR, have the COR Wild Card after EES is used by RNG's. x2 EES helps, x4 EES is better.

-DMG/-Magic DMG Taken gear for PLD, with Tavnazian Tacos. We won with a Taru PLD of all things, so. >.>

RATK food for COR and RNG's.

MP food if anything for RDM & BLM, though Convert was only used once.

Just...PLD run constantly from Crystal. Have the BLM be the one on Sleep duty for the PLD IF he/she does actually get charmed.

+movement speed helps a lot if someone has hate from the crystal.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-04-16 00:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We did the fight with rdm/drk, two whm/sch, one pld/drk, one blu/nin, and one rng/nin. Before you go with that setup, please note that we did not die, but we did not win. We timed out.
We had the blu taking on clones as they spawned, which left me free to be the only DD to the crystal (which is why we lost. I got it down to about 10% but it just wasn't enough damage in enough time. Didn't help that I kept getting drawn in, nor that the crystal kept maxing out my job abilities for barrage and etc.)
The pld kept hate as best he could, the rdm and whms did magely things and kept us all alive.
Whenever any of us got charmed, the mages simply slept us until we were un-charmed.
Next time I believe we are going to try to take in a couple of rdm/drk's to chainspell stun, one whm, and the rest DD's. Just zerg it to death.

edit: going in rng/nin is also a bad plan, the rng should be subbing war or sam. shadows didn't help at all, since most of the damage was AoE anyways, and the added damage from /war or /sam would possibly have given us a win.
 Gilgamesh.Yuudye
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yuudye
By Gilgamesh.Yuudye 2009-04-16 01:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way is to keep running. first time I did it we got PLD charmed 3 times and wiped >.<

Second time we did SMN SMN WHM PLD RDM. It took us 22 minutes but nobody ever went into red HP, bar the PLD upon 2 hour. Its an easy fight. Don't go all out DD though, make sure you got enough healing in case of an emergency
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-16 01:18:50

Yep Ale is right, just went 1/1 on this because
1. Pld/rdm buffed on Magic defense gear + ran to the right corner close to the mages after every draw in, Never meleeing the crystal.

2. both rng's, rdm/whm, brd and drk stayed ontop of the steps where u entered out of AoE range. DRK pulled clones to top and killed and also was stun duty for aga's

3. brd Pianissimo pld with double ballad, both rng with double attack and the drk with 1 haste and 1 ballad while keeping rdm and themselves ballad. Also brd healed all members in pty cept for the pld.

4. rdm is strictly on pld duty, healing no one else (unless in crit condition)

5. Rng build TP on the boss, and sidewinder the clones.

in the end its who can outlast longer, the boss or the players. Dont worry about time in this fight, stay focused and slowly windle it down ^^

Aphy said:
5. Rng build TP on the boss, and sidewinder the clones.

On ours, we actually had myself and the two RNG Barrage & WS'ing when able.

Ranged Attacks don't seem to get "resisted" at all. Our RNG's were hitting for generally 300-500/hit, Sidewinder doing 2-3k DMG each time. Lowest Barrage we saw from RNG's was 1,500 DMG.

Eurytos/Vali/Selene Bows I believe, with the 3 different RNG I've gone with. All use Kabura Arrows. Qiqirn Collar...other than that, everything gear-wise varied.

For the most part the PLD was able to keep hate, but our RNG's did die 1-2 times each. Why? Because we gotta run towards the crystal a few feet to WS, and sometimes we have REALLY bad timing and get one-shotted by Seed of Judgement. >.>;

EDIT: 18 mins to kill. 3 mins was buffing -> heal MP.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-16 01:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG RNG RNG RNG BLM WHM

Enough said.

Kindle said:
RNG RNG RNG RNG BLM WHM

Enough said.

o-o that sounds uber fun.
 Diabolos.Vertigorose
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Vertigorose 2009-04-16 01:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My group went PLD/DRK BLU/SCH SMN/WHM SMN/DRK BRD/WHM and COR/RNG. We won with 10 minutes left. SMNs had to heal once. BLU was on clone duty while BRD main healed. PLD died when crystal was at 10% so the BRD tanked the rest. Pretty sure we got very lucky but we won first try that way.
 Cerberus.Zonnashi
Server: Cerberus
user: Zonnashi
By Cerberus.Zonnashi 2009-04-16 01:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did this with setup of Pld/WAR, RDM/WHM, BLM/WHM, RNG/SAM, BLU/NIN, SMN/WHM.

It went very smoothly. The RDM main purpose was heal pld, closely folloed by refreshes when able. PLD ran to corner close as stated before. BLM main job stuns, then backup heal. He only had 2 resists in this fight, and then he backup healed. Rng just shot crap at the crystal and helped on clones. BLU pulled clones with Cannonball and ripped them apart upon arrival to camp. SMN main concern do dmg, but backup heal. We rarely ran into any issues of panic, great support, and the fight went smooth with plenty of time to spare. The BLM could prolly sub something else as the blu could even help heal with magic fruit. I am always a safe way person, so I love this setup witht he versatility of DMG, stuns, clone slaughter, good DoT , and a number of backup healers in those OH CRAP moments.
 Asura.Srcibbles
Server: Asura
user: srcibbles
By Asura.Srcibbles 2009-04-16 02:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am 4/4 with this set-up.

4xMNK 1xRDM/DRK 1xBRD/WM

1. MNKs start with opo necklace and sleep potions till 100TP
A. MNKs can also use icarus wings
2. BRD 2HR soul voice x2 minuet
3. 4xMNK run down and engage let loose WSs
4. As MNKs run down RDM 2HR CS and spams stun
5. MNKs all 2HR

In the 4 times I've done from the time we engage the fight does not last longer than 3 minutes. I infact don't recall ever seeing any charms in the 4 fights I've done.
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2009-04-16 08:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM, SAM, SAM, COR, RDM, BRD

SAM's ran in one at a time TP was built through Meditate for a Sekkinoki then 2hrd on it, everyone else stayed out of range at 17, RDM cured SAM when needed. COR(me) was Barrage and Slug Shotting it while /ra on it continuously.

When 1st SAM 2hr was down second ran in while the 1st standard TP'd on it, repeated above and then same again with 3rd.

2hr hurt the SAMs a LOT, 1300hp down to 200-300 but they were DS>Curaga II'd by RDM and BRD.

All 2hrs used I ran in and Wild Card the SAM's...... didnt get 2hrs back but DID get 300tp each.

SAMs got smashed on next AoE and I killed it with a 300tp Slugshot.

Pissed now because I got the Mirke with Rattack and Racc for a WS piece..... its good..... but I want the damn RR now >.<

Edit: SAM and Chaos roll's from me and Attack and March from BRD, RDM hasted all SAMs and SAM's and COR had Ic wings.

6min 20sec win which after the meditates and rolling/hasting was in fact about a 3 and 1/2 min fight. My rolls were already at the 3min mark when 1st SAM attacked.
 Bahamut.Trixster
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Trixster 2009-04-16 08:28:18

Just did this yesterday,

PLD/WAR, RDM/DRK, RDM/DRK, SMN/WHM, RNG/NIN, BLM/WHM

I was PLD, Voke >> 2 Hour >> then all JA's, that way i can hold hate
when RNG 2 Hours. After that i just keep running back up steps after
i get drawn in, Everyone else stays on top of steps out of AoE.
Didnt have any trouble with hate control, kept it whole fight.
Got Charmed once at about 58% HP, BLM slept me, and RNG gained hate
and just followed the steps i did for running back up steps, untill
I uncharmed, woke up and gained hate again. Was never really in trouble
and i was only one whose HP ever went into yellow..
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-16 08:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG/NIN RNG/NIN BLU/THF RDM/DRK PLD/WAR WHM/BLM

pld just keep running to the west all the time, while rest of the party stands in NW corner. RNG's focus on boss while blu take care of the adds and goes in for sneak attack cannonball on boss every now and then.

RDM only have to stun the -ga spells, no chainspell needed.

No 2 hrs used at all. Went 2/2 with this setup.

This fight was imo alot easier than the one in Fei'Yin.
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-04-16 09:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM/WAR SAM/WAR MNK/WAR MNK/WAR SCH/BLM RDM/DRK.

All melee had Icarus Wing, SAM's Meditated to 300% at start of fight, MNK's used Opo+Sleep Potion combos till at 300%. SAM then waited until Meditate was ready again as it might be needed later.

SCH buffed us with Pro/Shell IV, Stoneskin and Phalanx.

Melee all Zerked and Warcry'ed, MNK's started with Hundred Fists, SAM started with Sekkanokki WS>WS, Meikyo Shisui WS>WS>WS, then we ate another Icarus Wing and WS'ed again, RDM/DRK kept the crystal stunned via Chainspell while these were applied halting Seed of Judgement about 3 times and he had no chance to spawn any Thralls or charm anyone.

After all this he was down to about 10-15% HP, we chipped away at it a bit more with melee attacks and at 5% Seed Crystal attempted Judgement again, this is when that extra Meditate came in handy, i popped it while we were meleeing it down to 5%, i hit a Tachi: Gekko for 765 to finish it off.

In all a relatively easy fight, but there was much preperation involved with this kind of setup. Needed Opo Necklaces, Sleep potions, Hi-Potions (not many were used) and some form of attack food (Most of us used Red Curry, some used Sole Suhi for accuracy).

We went 1/2 as first round we didn't have any Icarus wings and wiped at 5% due to too many Thralls being spawned.
 Odin.Dryzt
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-04-16 09:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

being THF main, and that being my only 75 job atm, i was disappointed when i heard about this fight and how ppl were saying how useless THF is against this boss.

makes me cry to hear this phrase again:
"we need heavy DD"

anywho...enough with my emoness
was thinking i could do something like this:
Zanno said:
blu take care of the adds and goes in for sneak attack cannonball on boss every now and then.

but i think i read somewhere that the crystal has no back side for me to Sneak Attack. this true or BS?
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-04-16 09:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dryzt said:

but i think i read somewhere that the crystal has no back side for me to Sneak Attack. this true or BS?

It's true, heard a lot of people who /THF'ed when people first started getting to the boss fight that their SA wasn't activating. Cause technically cause its a crystal, it can't possibly have a back or a front, its basically just one big piece of matter.
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-04-16 10:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh
that's what I thought.
but is THF really that much of a liability to bring to this fight?
I mean I could DD with the big boys...at least I think so XD
 Garuda.Iraphise
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Iraphise 2009-04-16 10:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I went pld/war to tank this fight when we won. I used a combination of Iron Ram (head and hands) and Crimson gear (legs and feet), brought a few yag drinks and used spagetti pescatora. I had about 1700hp during the fight and never came close to dying.

When the crystal was below 20% hp, it really started to go crazy with Seed of Judegment, but it was only hitting me for 400-500 dmg. Whm had no problems keeping my hp out of red and I had no problems holding hate if he had to fire off a Cure V.

I think the next time I attempt this,though, I'll try a zerg setup. Sounds fun! :)
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-04-16 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dryzt said:
/sigh
that's what I thought.
but is THF really that much of a liability to bring to this fight?
I mean I could DD with the big boys...at least I think so XD

I heard of a THF/RNG doing the fight before, im not sure how it'd work, but they could technically use Slug Shot... i saw one group once with one.
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-04-16 10:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

well that means I have to level RNG 27 more times and frankly, I don't have the resources to do that XD.
besides, I'm geared for Dagger WS's anyway, why not build TP with Marksmanship then run up and DE or w/e.
was also thinking of TAing onto a DD then using Accomplice/Collaborator right after but that may be a little complicated for ppl with the zerg mindset.
 Fairy.Aiburn
Server: Fairy
user: Aiburn
By Fairy.Aiburn 2009-04-16 11:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld, Blu, Blm, Rdm, Smn, Smn. Fight was flawless, time consuming but safe. Pld kept hate but constantly running from draw in. Blu for adds. Blm for stuns/DoT and Rdm for main heal. Smn's just kept at it w/ garuda. Averaging 600/Pclaws. FYI Netherblast is useless. Resisted it all the way down to 150. Sorry Dryzt, I cant honestly see a use for thf in this. Maybe TAWS on tank, however that really is spending too much time in range of its abilities.
 Seraph.Looscannon
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Looscannon 2009-04-16 12:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I went with Pld Rdm Rdm Blm Smn Rng and won 3 dif times with the same setup what we did when Pld got charmed was jus sleep him and continue. Who ever had hate at the time witch was Our Rng we jus had to spam cure him for a lil