| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-15 10:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone is going to ask sooner or later; can you post collateral for it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Biginallways
Server: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-08-15 10:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to give collateral for a relic loan. GM's will hold players responsible for verbal agreements made in game. You trolls have no clue. Good luck on loan btw.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-08-15 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some people don't know the definition of trolling :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-15 10:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Biginallways said:
You don't need to give collateral for a relic loan. GM's will hold players responsible for verbal agreements made in game. You trolls have no clue. Good luck on loan btw.
Collateral works better as it proves that a temporary transaction took place, and it almost guarantees that you don't have to deal with the week, or two, or whatever it takes for a gm to investigate. Not to mention you are not guaranteed to get everything back if he liquidates some of it during the downtime. GMs don't want to / can't create items out of nothing, and if the transactions go far enough it will be hard to recover.

But yeah, claiming trolls works well.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-15 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Biginallways said:

Do u really think most ppl will even want to take that risk? Not saying hes gonna rip u off but thats alot of gil if u gotta deal with a gm to get it back.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-08-15 10:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I think some people don't know the definition of trolling :(

I think people try to hard to "troll" and just end up looking like a gigantic douche.

Just saying.

Good luck on finding the loan, I was suggest either have sort of collateral or have a GM presence (if that is possible) if at least have a verbal agreement before trade goes off so a GM can do something in case something goes awry.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-15 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I see how you paid for relic lol
good luck anyhow :P
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-08-15 10:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the question was more:

"Would someone loan me 30 Silvers to finish?"

and less:

"What are your reasons why no one should loan people currency?"
[+]
 Sylph.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-08-15 12:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
I think the question was more: "Would someone loan me 30 Silvers to finish?" and less: "What are your reasons why no one should loan people currency?"

^ what he said.
 Valefor.Ameen
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Ameen 2011-08-15 23:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've known Vodkaa for nearly 7 years now. Great guy, just looking for some help. Like he said it wont take more then a few minutes. If I had it on me I'd loan him in a heart beat. I definatly vouch for him. Just running into the problem of people assume the worst immediately. Either way, good luck man, hope you get that aegis done soon.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-15 23:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If I could help I would, but wrong server and well, I don't have the gil or currency.

Good luck Vodkaa!

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-16 03:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Biginallways said: »

No, don't take that as a 100% secure thing because you never know. Calling people trolls because they are suggesting collateral is a dumb move, you should have it regardless unless you are shady. Also if he is making an agreement on these forums he might not say anything in-game, its better to have all your bases covered than to not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-08-16 03:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, I wish I had the currency (and was on that server) to loan you. But, because I'm working on Mandau (I'll be looking for a loan soon too 36/70 last stage!) I have 61 L.jade and only 14 M.Silver.

Good luck!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-08-16 03:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Sylph.Biginallways said: »

No, don't take that as a 100% secure thing because you never know. Calling people trolls because they are suggesting collateral is a dumb move, you should have it regardless unless you are shady. Also if he is making an agreement on these forums he might not say anything in-game, its better to have all your bases covered than to not.
Not arguing any of the points you made, but he did say that he'd make an in-game agreement.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Cyx
user: Cyxx
By Valefor.Cyx 2011-08-16 09:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This person is not trolling and in all fairness I hope they are able to finish their relic today. He is currently shouting in town to get this done. No matter what everyone says there are two possible outcomes to this.

1)You trade the pieces and he gives them back within 15min. You become 1mil richer and he has his Aegis finished.

2)You trade the pieces and he instantly sells it to an RMT site for $600 bucks along with the rest of his items, buys a new account and feels no backlash for having the stripped toon banned. With abyssea you can lvl a job from 1~90 in 1 day (I've done it) and you can have a great time with the money you have made.

There really isn't any other angle. This would just come down to how trusting of a person you are. As this is usually done by ls members or friends it will be difficult to find a stranger to trust another person with that much money. I wish you the best of luck.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Cyx
user: Cyxx
By Valefor.Cyx 2011-08-16 09:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It would seem that with your items and gil you're willing to let the person hold it equals the sum of the amount you would like to borrow. This shouldn't be to hard to find someone willing now.
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2011-08-16 09:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

GL man, I was in the exact situation a few weeks back, enough old and new friends came out of the woodwork I didnt have to wait to farm/buy to complete mine.

They are all paid back but one, ive already handed him 1/4 that I owe him, and am working on getting the rest farmed up. Not everyone in the world is a thief.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-16 09:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bizarro said: »
GL man, I was in the exact situation a few weeks back, enough old and new friends came out of the woodwork I didnt have to wait to farm/buy to complete mine.

They are all paid back but one, ive already handed him 1/4 that I owe him, and am working on getting the rest farmed up. Not everyone in the world is a thief.

No but there are a lot of filthy bottom feeders in this game, so you can never be too careful.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-08-16 19:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not trying to troll, have a serious question here.

Firstly, good luck on your loan, congrats on your relic!

Lol, now to the question
Quote:
Sonic belt (signed)
Dusk gloves +1 (signed)
Hermes sandles (signed)

Why do people specifically mention that items are signed, as if that makes them more valuable or something? Not picking on you, but it's something I see that is VERY common, and I just never understood the concept
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-16 19:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Bahamut.Bizarro said: »

No but there are a lot of filthy bottom feeders in this game, so you can never be too careful.

Like you, I've seen the player warnings about you on alla.
First Page 2