Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » caladbolg TP set up
caladbolg TP set up
 Leviathan.Cycerath
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-08-07 13:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i seen lots of threads about a WS set, so that hasn't been much of a concern for me, but i'm curious as to what kind of TP set people are using for a 2h weapon. most of my jobs don't use 2h weapons unless i need to proc. i was thinking maybe a Store TP build, but how much store TP should i stack? is there a cap? or is there a certain amount of Store TP that i'm looking for, i'm not a SAM so idk what i'm looking for when it comes to store TP.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-08-07 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just threw this together, would let you WS in w/e you want.

Why are you bothering building a Caladbolg for PLD?
 Leviathan.Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-08-07 16:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

too many people i know doing almace or kannagi, so i gotta help them before i can even get a chance to make one for myself. and after finishing Twashtar, i wanted an easy path with little competition. axe for my bst was out of the question, cause i'd never use it since i melee very little when on bst. i could of done staff for my smn, but again, rather useless since i rarely melee on smn. i could of done polearm for my drg, but from what i've read drakesbane beats out empy polearm + aftermath, so i'll just stick with the Vougier's contus for now. only options left were sword or Great sword, and i eliminated sword because of all the competition and i already have to get 150+ helms for friends. thus Great sword was my last option, thought it might be fun to mess around with after i proc on pld. and i can lvl drk after i finish it for even more fun :)

edit: why is everyone obessed with blitz ring? i count 25% haste before the ring, and that's supposta be the haste cap, i figured something more useful could take up that second ring slot.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2011-08-07 17:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

25% is the cap, but you need 26% to actually hit cap due to the rounding in place on haste.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-08-07 17:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xeth said:
You need 25.6%(or something like that) to cap gear Haste because the value for 1% Haste is actually <1%.

And before you ask, yes the .4% haste is just about better than anything else you could put there
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-07 17:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said:
Asura.Xeth said:
You need 25.6%(or something like that) to cap gear Haste because the value for 1% Haste is actually <1%.

And before you ask, yes the .4% haste is just about better than anything else you could put there
Actually, there are plenty of things that could beat .4% haste.
 Leviathan.Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-08-07 19:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, i get it, anyone got any more ideas for a TP set up?
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-08 04:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Why are you bothering building a Caladbolg for PLD?

for fun?

here is what i have for Caladbolg PLD TP, it dont cap haste but when i am bored i sometimes exp on PLD/SAM and trhown a set with what i have

can maybe use Fazheluo Radiant Mail for body unless your trying to achieve 6 hit build for PLD/SAM.

from personal experience you have more fun on DRK/SAM with caladbolg that PLD, i geared DRK coz i was bored
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-08 14:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideal in no way, to be sure. But for as often as I use it on paladin, it's what I use. Passes muster for pissing around. If you want to be serious about it, lean toward buying what Gradd is selling.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-08-08 18:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use for TP. If I eats me some carbonara it brings my STP to 20 stp (usually only do this in campaign or besieged).

It's pretty fun, but def not the dmg output of drk. Although I do live longer... I've been cured for 1100 or there abouts from a tp move that I think would've killed me otherwise.

Leviathan.Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-08-08 22:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i was looking at almah torque for the neck slot, for an extra store TP and some subtle blow. and do you think the +3 double attack from athelings would out weigh +6 store tp from tactical mantle?
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-08 22:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cycerath said:
i was looking at almah torque for the neck slot, for an extra store TP and some subtle blow. and do you think the +3 double attack from athelings would out weigh +6 store tp from tactical mantle?

It's 3 DA and 35 attack vs 6 stp. The attack is the killer.
 Fenrir.Grimsie
user: Grimjow
By Fenrir.Grimsie 2011-08-08 22:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this Empy suck? I was in Mis earlier today Cleaving and I noticed a DRK doing like 900 damage TC.....

Did they just suck?

Just curious what kind of damage people are hitting with this?
By volkom 2011-08-08 22:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Grimsie said:
Does this Empy suck? I was in Mis earlier today Cleaving and I noticed a DRK doing like 900 damage TC.....

Did they just suck?

they just sucked
 Fenrir.Grimsie
user: Grimjow
By Fenrir.Grimsie 2011-08-08 22:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They were @Crabs near Heqet.... Maybe just not using good DD Atma?

Heh good to know though... I want this for my DRK ;)
By volkom 2011-08-08 22:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Grimsie said:
They were @Crabs near Heqet.... Maybe just not using good DD Atma?

Heh good to know though... I want this for my DRK ;)
also kinda depends what ur doing with it too...could go for straight up weaponskill damage or go for really high damaging melee hits. but usually if ur geared should be doing way more than 900 with torcleaver >_>
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-09 09:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Grimsie said:
They were @Crabs near Heqet.... Maybe just not using good DD Atma? Heh good to know though... I want this for my DRK ;)

Scissor Guard up, maybe? I can't imagine doing only 900 damage inside Abyssea without some sort of weirdness there.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-08-11 17:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

caladbolg is better on DRK than PLd but dotn get me wrong you can still have fun with it on PLD, DRK should be doing 2.8k+ torcleaver regularly and can high peek of 6k+

on PLD its ~2k average and high peak of 5.5k ish

i end up havign to use caladbolg sometimes for VW fro procs when i am on PLD.

the only way i can see why they done 900 is id they missed 1st hit on a DA Torcleaver
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-16 14:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
can high peek of 6k+

I've never hit more than 5500 or so on drk without exploiting a weakness or brewing. (Don't ask why I was brewing with it. It was a bad situation and I was the only one with a brew on 'em. Didn't wanna lose the pop.)

My gear is not ideal, but it's not bad. I guess if I atma'ed up specifically for bigger ws numbers I could get higher easily, but sacrificing the DOT seems really dumb.

Paladin can actually still put up very respectable numbers with the right gear/food/atma. You're not going to outdo a dark knight in either spike WS numbers or overall DPS. But you'll do better than most people expect if you play it right.

That said, if you don't have dark knight leveled and intend to use it, you should still be doing Almace/Ochain before Caladbolg for paladin.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Viewpoint
Server: Carbuncle
user: SNK
By Carbuncle.Viewpoint 2011-10-14 04:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much decided to level PLD again just to use this thing. I'm on DRK a lot for VW and other things but truthfully, I didn't want to take PLD past 75 for a long time.

Having this sword will make things fun at least.

Quote:

Did they just suck?

They just really *** sucked...

Also on the ammo slot I'd go with an Oneiros Pebble.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-10-14 11:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

An odd bump, but still. I took my pld into limbus last week and it was a joke so I used this which I didn't have any issues with. Very fun indeed.