Forum » FFXI » General » Diffusion Ray crashing FFXI
Diffusion Ray crashing FFXI
 Seraph.Nemye
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Nemye
By Seraph.Nemye 2009-04-14 19:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to have a problem that whenever an Archaic Chariot uses Diffusion Ray, I get kicked out of FFXI. This is very problematic considering I do salvage often. I don't disconnect, I just get a message about the program "ran into an error and was forced to close". This happens for both of my characters (on the PC and on the Laptop).

Anyone ever heard of this before or have any ideas as to why it's doing this?

I was considering changing the animation for it via .dat swap, but I can't seem to find the location of the move. If anyone has any idea about that either, it would be appreciated.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 19:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Perform a file check and try again. Usually missing files means nothing loads (so you don't see the animation or NPC / monster), but in some cases they're considered "required" by the server (like character skin files) and will boot you if they're missing.

Can't imagine why chariot animations would be required, but you never know.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-14 19:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, not even my Whm gets owned by Chariots that bad D:

If it's animations, couldn't he/she filter battle animations (or whatever it is called) it when doing Salvage/Nyzul?
 Seraph.Nemye
By Seraph.Nemye 2009-04-14 19:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

File check didn't find a problem.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 19:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nemye said:
File check didn't find a problem.

No chance you've done it already. It takes 20+ minutes. Make sure you file check Final Fantasy XI and all it's add ons.

Haseyo said:
If it's animations, couldn't he/she filter battle animations (or whatever it is called) it when doing Salvage/Nyzul?

Could work. Worked for me when Ixion's Wrath of Zeus kept D/Cing me.
 Seraph.Nemye
By Seraph.Nemye 2009-04-14 19:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it after I was out of salvage yesterday lol, it's the first thing I thought of.

It's Monster -> Party? I'm pretty sure I tried setting that and still got booted, but I don't remember, do you need to zone for those filters to take effect?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 19:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't, no. Worth a try. Just turn every filter on, that way you'll be sure to cover it. If you don't disconnect then, you might be onto a winner and can filter in other things as necessary. Saves time assing around finding the right filter if it doesn't fix it. :)
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 19:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I had the same issue two night ago, not sure tho. Was in SSR floor 4, chariot was in room, and that pol error popped. I just restarted, didn't notice if it was because of diffusion ray or not :o I'll see today, going ZR I think, F6 chariot will probably use it.

By any chance do you use Windower with either spellcast or blinkmenot ? Because I'm the only one who got the error that night, it's not because of Windower only since someone else was using it, but I think I'm the only one using spellcast and bmn in my Salvage group.
 Seraph.Nemye
By Seraph.Nemye 2009-04-14 19:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the Official windower :\ and my laptop runs the full-screen.
 Seraph.Nemye
By Seraph.Nemye 2009-04-15 00:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: I think it's being caused by the sound, not the animation. The only thing that links my two computers is the audio driver. They have different graphics cards and everything.

Also it would make sense why filtering effects doesn't work, because the sound is still played.

Bigger issue: I try updating my sound driver and it breaks my computer. Start it up with the new driver, get to the Windows loading screen, blue screen of death.

Does anyone know even know anybody who could find the file for Diffusion Ray so I could swap it with something else to avoid the problem?
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-04-15 01:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a problem like this on both my computers for a while, turns out they both had failing ram. I removed the ram and it was fine.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-04-15 01:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, if you have AltanaViewer I think you might be able to find which (#).dat file needs to be replaced. I have it and it has the Archaic Chariot under the NPC >> "Treasures of Aht Urghan" NPC and then check the schedule/motion for the correct animation/sound and then visit this website to find the (#).dat file and replace it:

Original ROM files

If I was able to read and understand the AltanaViewer I would assist you. . .I recently had a problem where the animation for sneak would cause FF/POL to crash, someone pointed out the (#).dat file using AltanaViewer and helped my replace it. But someone from windower.net helped me find the correct (#).dat file I needed to replace.

I hope that helps.

-V.

EDIT: nvm found out how you can tell. on the bottom left-hand side it shows "C:\Program Files\Play Online\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM4\9\87.DAT" for all the Archaic Chariot animation/sound files. So maybe try downloading that 87.DAT from the ROM4 > 9 folder. . .if not you can just wait and ask for more advice.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [135 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Onimusha
Server: Fairy
user: Onimusha
By Fairy.Onimusha 2009-08-28 01:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i have same issue with Nemye, after i change all dat file back to original Dat. problem solved and no more dc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Cythriell
Server: Phoenix
user: Cythriell
By Phoenix.Cythriell 2009-11-07 03:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you open certain effects on AltanaViewer? I can't find the Diffusion .dat anywhere on it
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-07 03:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to look to help you, and I couldn't find it either. :x