Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 10:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Excesspain said:
Kajidourden said:
Yump, one day ill camp obow, one day :P

I have an O-Bow already, RNG is 18. Killed NM with 2 others farming for a WHM test and I power lot it. Gonna go camp shadow in Fei'Yin. If i can get V-Bow then I'll level RNG.

*** THAT NM

Yeah you can tell i REALLY dont like Eastern shadow, 16hr window and all i would have to kill it with is BRD.... yeah no way in hell i was getting that lmao. Hard enough having the patience to camp it, let alone find people to basically kill it for me >.>

Dont forget the like 10% droprate :)
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-30 10:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Kajidourden said:
Excesspain said:
Kajidourden said:

I have an O-Bow already, RNG is 18. Killed NM with 2 others farming for a WHM test and I power lot it. Gonna go camp shadow in Fei'Yin. If i can get V-Bow then I'll level RNG.

*** THAT NM

Yeah you can tell i REALLY dont like Eastern shadow, 16hr window and all i would have to kill it with is BRD.... yeah no way in hell i was getting that lmao. Hard enough having the patience to camp it, let alone find people to basically kill it for me >.>

Dont forget the like 10% droprate :)

Just to reiterate: *** THAT NM

Would have better luck in the GD BCNM >.>
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2009-04-30 11:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just posting to say I agree entirely with Karusan. RNG nerf needed to happen when it did, things were tough for a while, but with Velocity Shot and Snapshot now we are right where we belong. Still dominating parses and HNMs despite the nerf - don't let others' opinions discourage you from playing a job which is fun as hell.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-30 11:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadida said:
Just posting to say I agree entirely with Karusan. RNG nerf needed to happen when it did, things were tough for a while, but with Velocity Shot and Snapshot now we are right where we belong. Still dominating parses and HNMs despite the nerf - don't let others' opinions discourage you from playing a job which is fun as hell.

Sorta have to agree back right before this we were arrow burning at yhoater OP on the rngs mobs. One time we got 4 links the 4 rngs 1 nin and 1 whm took out all 5 IT+ mobs like they were nothing mostly each rng soloing one then helping the nin
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-30 11:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Excesspain said:
Kajidourden said:

*** THAT NM

Haha I have a 75THF so killing it isn't the problem, it's trying to claim it if I have competition. I have no problems with camping the shadows either 1/8 on Retalitors and it was worth the week spent camping him.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-30 11:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolol. I know someone who was claiming this nerf was gone as well. Kept on shooting arrows on top of all the other melee DDs. Now I should show them this thread and that nerf is still there.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-30 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish RNG (and any other ranged job) could drain with ranged attacks as well as melee. As DNC, trio with THF and RNG, THF is usually pulling in enough off of Drain Samba III to keep him above water, but RNG (who's primarily dropping arrows with his bow, obviously) inevitably takes hate with his sick damage, and I have to dump TP on him cause he's so squishy.

I know, Bloody Bolts, and all that, just saying, for a job that's primarily shooting ***, would be nice, is all ^^
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-30 11:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, wait... You're actually complaining that a range attack job.... doesn't have a drain feature? O.o;;

They can use bloody bolts! >O

Edit: That should be good enough. >P
[+]
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-05-01 19:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What level are you guys that you are only doing 157 to birds? O.o

Sry, may just be cause I had Rng 75 way before even CoP dropped. Merit parties I normally hit for about 4-500 damage a hit, sidewinder for about 3k+.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-05-01 20:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, no food cause they are birds. If I do, it's normally Coeurl Subs.

Buffs. After the Brd finishes buffing the melees, have them toss Minuet x2 on you. Many newer Brds have not been around Rngs a lot, so slap them if they give you haste or damn Prelude buffs -.-

As for my gear, it's under my item sets (not my Rng Perfect Setup, just the Rng one.)