When Did They Make Exp Mobs Weaker, Or Am I Crazy?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » When did they make exp mobs weaker, or am I crazy?
When did they make exp mobs weaker, or am I crazy?
First Page 2
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 22:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I had a level 25 sync party tonight, 5-man for a while then 4-man out in Yuhtunga. Now, I remember way back, my first few trips through there, Mandy's were IT pretty solid through like 27, then we'd move to IT Gobs, then move out to Yhoator...standard ***pretty much everyone's done at some point.

But tonight, syncee dinged 26, and all the Mandys immediately became Tough for the most part, with the occasional VT. Gobs were dropping down to VT. It's not just in the jungles, either, I've noticed mobs dropping off earlier then they used to in Valkurm, Qufim, Altepa; seems like it's been that way for a while now, I just never really commented on it...but my LS has been wondering what the deal is, and we've been moving up the standard camp list at lower levels then we used to.

So am I crazy? Did the low level mobs get nerfed at some point? Does anyone else remember mobs being harder in these areas a year or two ago? Am I imagining the whole thing?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-13 22:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They were always weak. Yuhtunga is from LV23-26 usually, then Yhoator or the Yuhtunga OP after that. Mandragoras in that zone always sucked.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-13 22:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you're just crazy.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 22:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
They were always weak. Yuhtunga is from LV23-26 usually, then Yhoator or the Yuhtunga OP after that. Mandragoras in that zone always sucked.

See, I remember doing full exp parties in Qufim at like 20, going to Yuhtunga at like 25, moving out to Yhoator at like 28, Garlaige at like 32...

Maybe we were just slow lol
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-13 23:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's true that there are ITs at LV27 in Yuhtunga, but there are also Toughs. You were just getting unlucky with spawns.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-13 23:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Level sync has had a big effect on that type of thing. I remember, first day of sync, we did a pt in Citadel, average lvl. Set up camp at the usual entrance spot. We *** murdered stuff, (with good xp) so we decide to move to gate, and just killed stuff on the way. Man it was awesome, we killed on the run, getting the usual xp like it was no ones business. Cant remember the set up tho. Bottom line, it affects pts, cant really go 100% on info from the past.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 23:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, guess so. I mean, I just remember struggling at the bare bottom of the level for the camp, now it seems like we just fly through ***.

Maybe we're all just better players now lol
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-04-13 23:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They have always been that weak. The only thing that has changed is the mass player base experience in a party. People are more comfortable now, know how to play jobs, understand the demograph of how to exp for maximum effect.

I mean, back when I first started, it was a chaotic cluster ***. There are just less true n00bs now. Most people who exp those low level jobs have a few 75 jobs and understand their roles and talk to friend who are 75 in that job for advice on how to be best at it.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-04-13 23:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember it like you did Xxnumbertwoxx. Leveling WAR, DRG, and RDM from 15ish to 30+ in the last month or so, I noticed crabs don't last as long in Valkurm, Pugils don't last as long in Qufim, and Mandies don't last as long in the Jungle.

I thought they made it easier but now I think it may have just been the lack of people seeking at certain levels in past years. You just made a pt with whatever you had and hoped it worked. If you were lucky enough to find a WAR tank, 2 DRKs, 2 THFs, and a RDM seeking at the same level you did what you could.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 23:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimus said:
I remember it like you did Xxnumbertwoxx. Leveling WAR, DRG, and RDM from 15ish to 30+ in the last month or so, I noticed crabs don't last as long in Valkurm, Pugils don't last as long in Qufim, and Mandies don't last as long in the Jungle.

I thought they made it easier but now I think it may have just been the lack of people seeking at certain levels in past years. You just made a pt with whatever you had and hoped it worked. If you were lucky enough to find a WAR tank, 2 DRKs, 2 THFs, and a RDM seeking at the same level you did what you could.

Ya, you're prolly right. Pre-level sync parties used to be all over the place level wise, Qufim party'd have a random 18, couple 19's, and three 20's...nowadays everyone is exactly the same level, which prolly contributes to how easy ***is nowadays lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-13 23:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Decimus said:

Ya, you're prolly right. Pre-level sync parties used to be all over the place level wise, Qufim party'd have a random 18, couple 19's, and three 20's...nowadays everyone is exactly the same level, which prolly contributes to how easy ***is nowadays lol

I miss those days ; ;
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-04-14 00:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what it is. Back in the day, nobody had merits or any of that stuff, nor, a lot of HQ armor, good food, or for some jobs, even good JA's (compared to today's updates.) So relatively speaking, the mobs haven't gotten weaker, we've become stronger. If you find a mob, that is teetering on IT +, watch, if you are close enough to the difference, and eat just food alone, that raises your attack, the mob WILL go from IT+ to just simply IT. Same difference with adding merits to lower lvl people, and how they've updated the modifiers on how two handed weapons and your attributes are now calculated. It's all responsible for making the mobs appear "weaker".
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-14 00:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Galvaya said:
Here's what it is. Back in the day, nobody had merits or any of that stuff, nor, a lot of HQ armor, good food, or for some jobs, even good JA's (compared to today's updates.) So relatively speaking, the mobs haven't gotten weaker, we've become stronger. If you find a mob, that is teetering on IT +, watch, if you are close enough to the difference, and eat just food alone, that raises your attack, the mob WILL go from IT+ to just simply IT. Same difference with adding merits to lower lvl people, and how they've updated the modifiers on how two handed weapons and your attributes are now calculated. It's all responsible for making the mobs appear "weaker".

#2 is talking about the fact that lots of mobs in Yuhtunga check T or VT at 26.
 Diabolos.Cassi
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-04-14 01:12:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the old days when gobbies still beat ur face in when you zoned in to Yuht cause someone trained!
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-14 01:15:18

well yes and no. My friend did notice mobs coning lower then they are suppose to

some mobs have been nerfed while others weren't. But you cant barely notice it
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 02:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cassi said:
I liked the old days when gobbies still beat ur face in when you zoned in to Yuht cause someone trained!

See, I just missed that, after S-E fixed the way mobs despawn and ***, but the stories I've heard from other old-timers makes me LMAO. I heard Crawler's Nest was a particularly bad area for that...according to my friend, he'd zone in there, ***would start popping up, and it be like "Oh look, someone bit it....and there's someone else, two more people over there...and HOLY ***SIX CRAWLERS OMG MY EYE GET IT OFF OF ME GET IT OFF OF ME....*GLRGHRGRHRGR*"

Musta been frustrating...but I can appreciate the humor, too. ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-14 06:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ok, so I had a level 25 sync party tonight, 5-man for a while then 4-man out in Yuhtunga. Now, I remember way back, my first few trips through there, Mandy's were IT pretty solid through like 27, then we'd move to IT Gobs, then move out to Yhoator...standard ***pretty much everyone's done at some point.

But tonight, syncee dinged 26, and all the Mandys immediately became Tough for the most part, with the occasional VT. Gobs were dropping down to VT. It's not just in the jungles, either, I've noticed mobs dropping off earlier then they used to in Valkurm, Qufim, Altepa; seems like it's been that way for a while now, I just never really commented on it...but my LS has been wondering what the deal is, and we've been moving up the standard camp list at lower levels then we used to.

So am I crazy? Did the low level mobs get nerfed at some point? Does anyone else remember mobs being harder in these areas a year or two ago? Am I imagining the whole thing?

I can't remember if Yuhtunga was affected, but a couple updates ago, the levels in Valkurm Dunes (as well as most of the starter areas) were indeed modified.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-14 08:00:19

Azulmagia said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I can't remember if Yuhtunga was affected, but a couple updates ago, the levels in Valkurm Dunes (as well as most of the starter areas) were indeed modified.

Dunes is insanely easy now. even on my dnc or thf, it feels like.. they're just an even match or Tough without sync.

Something's up!
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-14 08:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i remember something about level adjustments in low lvl areas; the same time they adjusted the frequency that certain low lvl mobs use certain moves, like mandy's sleep or lizard poison and petrification etc etc
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-14 09:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not crazy, they have made adjustments to mobs' toughness, actions, and amount of EXP given over the years.

I dunno maybe I'M just crazy, but i kinda miss the old days...

I've been playing since right after NA release. It was more of a challenge back then, and people were more worried about seeing new places and trying new things and just having FUN, imagine that!? Having fun on a game? That's crazy!.

People worry to much about to being leet<and getting the best peice of gear so I can do 7 more damage that you! -.- Which isn't really a bad thing, except when you go overboard with it...

I dunno I just like having fun, and doing what suits me. To each his own I suppose!
 Phoenix.Miemo
Server: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-14 09:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cassi said:

Kinda reminds me of my first time zoning into Dunes. First thing I see is 3-4 Goblin rushing at me right outside the zone o.o!! Next thing I see is this: /sh WHO IS THE STUPID "¤%"#"¤ THAT ZONES A GOBLIN TRAIN W/O A WARNING!!!!

Gawd I do miss thoose days!

Or when the one person Not to tick of in Garlaige Citadel was the BST master exping on Bombs XD "Lalala I have a little bomb, lalalal! <Leave>"
Bomb: Nom! Nom! Lots of tasty kitties! Nom! Nom! Nom! <Boooooom!>
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-14 09:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Cassi said:

See, I just missed that, after S-E fixed the way mobs despawn and ***, but the stories I've heard from other old-timers makes me LMAO. I heard Crawler's Nest was a particularly bad area for that...according to my friend, he'd zone in there, ***would start popping up, and it be like "Oh look, someone bit it....and there's someone else, two more people over there...and HOLY ***SIX CRAWLERS OMG MY EYE GET IT OFF OF ME GET IT OFF OF ME....*GLRGHRGRHRGR*"

Musta been frustrating...but I can appreciate the humor, too. ^^

He called us old-timers ; ; *sob* ._.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 10:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:

How about Original Gangstas? That better? ^^
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-04-14 10:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Garlaige trains of wingrats and beetles. Everyone had to zone. Can't beat 'em.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-14 10:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Magistrella said:

MUWHAHA yes muchos gracias (~'-')~

best trains were always one soldier crawler... and like 20-30 minions at zone to CN, gotta love bsts for taking the Soldiers <.<;
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 10:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

See, I'd have been irritated by that if I wanted to exp in a certain area, but if I wasn't in a hurry...I woulda lol'd. ***, I woulda gone in and died by the entrance just to be able to watch unsuspecting peeps zone in and get their faces pwnt. Provided someone would have raised me, of course ^^
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-14 10:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
See, I'd have been irritated by that if I wanted to exp in a certain area, but if I wasn't in a hurry...I woulda lol'd. ***, I woulda gone in and died by the entrance just to be able to watch unsuspecting peeps zone in and get their faces pwnt. Provided someone would have raised me, of course ^^

these trains sometimes stayed more then 1hr at the zone... when you waited for a pt member it was SO annyoing to get him in without dying ><
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 10:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Magistrella said:
these trains sometimes stayed more then 1hr at the zone... when you waited for a pt member it was SO annyoing to get him in without dying ><

Ya, I heard. According to the O.G.'s, you pretty much had to call some 75's down to take care of the ***...and Crawlers Nest used to be shut down for hours back in the day from that ***. LOL...good thing they changed it ^^
 Ragnarok.Chimerawizard
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chimerawizard 2009-04-14 10:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cassi said:

My friend was BST and used to mpk morons in CN back then. I missed the chance to have fun because my highest level wasn't able to survive his fun.
Mabrook said:

Ah yes the good old days...

Thank God they are gone >_>

I really liked those days. Don't forget making gil was easier back then. >_<
Magistrella said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Magistrella said:

MUWHAHA yes muchos gracias (~'-')~

best trains were always one soldier crawler... and like 20-30 minions at zone to CN, gotta love bsts for taking the Soldiers <.<;

I missed the action that day but some people managed to train every mob in the entire zone and the mobs made their new home at the entrance. a GM was called in to fix the problem, and supposedly had to kill all of them so they could spawn back at their original places.

For the original question, Yes, the level of mobs in much of the zones was adjusted a long while back. I would like to say a year or so after the CoP expansion came out but I'm not positive.
First Page 2