I'm GAY, How Bout Jew?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I'm GAY, how bout jew?
I'm GAY, how bout jew?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-14 12:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, your knowledge of quoting others is acceptable, but that still doesn't change the fact that gay people disturb you, the same way hot chicks scare you.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 12:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bart, here's to hoping your 'stache has it's usual "Hostility -20" effect in this thread :)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-14 12:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

/em stars at Bart's stache...

my god, that thing is epic!

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Theonly
Server: Alexander
user: Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i see all these youtube postings, and i wanted to share one, search jay brannan on youtube; you will find a rather funny artist that pokes fun at his sexuality, and refuses to sign a record deal with a gay label because he doesnt beleive in sterotypes. The one song he does with comedian Margeret Chow is particuarliy funny for all the gay haters, although im not a particular fan of that one, although bowlegged and starving is good, and death waltz, try em out, he has 2 videos as well
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 12:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Kungfuhustle said:
/em stars at Bart's stache...

my god, that thing is epic!

I think numbertwo's avatar is trying to compete. Look how hard Mr. T is laying it down!

LOL he is a funky dude, but in all honesty I don't think anything can compete with the 'stache... ^^
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Server: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-04-14 12:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if someone came up and posted about wanting to make an all hetero, white, Christian shell (ok im sorry and said that he would gladly accept one or two african americans, muslims and jewish ppl). All you ppl pitting the homosexuals atm would be all over the thread accusing the man of racism and what now, its not a suppositions it would be like this for sure. What does this say? only that you are selective in what you choose to believe in and like pitting one side more than the other. As for me and probably who ever voiced an opinion against this thread i think the decision would simply be to go and voice our opinions against both type of threads or just ignore em.

This thread by just its name is subject enough to cause drama, this goes as far as into politics and religion. This thread has no place in a gaming community unless the author wants to see some of the hateful replies and drama caused by this thread.

Just as you see it insulting that someone is not ok (me and a few others that have posted in this thread) with this type of advertisement. Know that in another situation you would be on our receiving end. Your failure to comprehend this point of view should speak for itself.
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so getting back to the purpose of the original postings, who is interested in migrating to a server to compile a ls?
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

not true, i was taught to keep my opinions of others actions to myself, unless asked.
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

with all due respect, if you do not wish to help my goal, why bother wasting your energy trying to cause me grief? why not just find another post to join and carry on in?
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

there has been, on my end, no mention of politics in this thread, i really dont understand your purpose in this thread.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-14 12:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice spam.
anything only ls which includes race, gender, relegion, creed and anything else that isnt "taru only ls" is just discrimitive and stupid.
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

my pol address is fibcai@pol.com, please email me if interested in getting together with me, im willing to congregate a server to get together with other people interested, nothing holding me back on alexander.
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

your missing the point that it was never meant as strictly gay, perhaps i should have worded it gay friendly, no one i know of whom is of gay sexuality wants to secum comments like these while trying to enjoy a game and be themselves, the truth is, there are alot of nasty people that werent brought up with manners, and have tendencies of blurting out nasty comments that serve no purpose but to try and hurt, what ever happened to living and let live?
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-14 12:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know any ls that has a sign "gay need not apply"
and it's normally a good idea to call a gm if you are getting harassed.
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 12:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i never posted saying i cannot get into a ls, lol, come on guys!. I did however mention it would be nice to make a joke that wouldnt offend people that are strictly bible living, as it is believed that homosexuality is a sin.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-14 12:55:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
I don't know any ls that has a sign "gay need not apply"
and it's normally a good idea to call a gm if you are getting harassed.

Being excluded for said reasons is discrimination, not harassment or alienation. Either way it doesn't make you look good, and probably doesn't help your case for living up to the TOS. But then again it's more of a guideline more so than an enforced policy anyways.
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-04-14 12:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Serbzook said:
if someone came up and posted about wanting to make an all hetero, white, Christian shell (ok im sorry and said that he would gladly accept one or two african americans, muslims and jewish ppl). All you ppl pitting the homosexuals atm would be all over the thread accusing the man of racism and what now, its not a suppositions it would be like this for sure. What does this say? only that you are selective in what you choose to believe in and like pitting one side more than the other. As for me and probably who ever voiced an opinion against this thread i think the decision would simply be to go and voice our opinions against both type of threads or just ignore em.

This thread by just its name is subject enough to cause drama, this goes as far as into politics and religion. This thread has no place in a gaming community unless the author wants to see some of the hateful replies and drama caused by this thread.

Just as you see it insulting that someone is not ok (me and a few others that have posted in this thread) with this type of advertisement. Know that in another situation you would be on our receiving end. Your failure to comprehend this point of view should speak for itself.

To some extent, I think Serb is right with his comment about the title of this thread. If you are serious about wanting to create a friendly gay linkshell, a more mature thread title would definitely go over much better. The lack of maturity in the title does invite lack of maturity.

I want to make it clear that I do not mean to offend the OP. This is just my constructive criticism. I play this game for the sake of having fun and being myself. However, I don't ever feel it necessary to bring my sexuality into the game. Frankly, it's not gonna help me get the rest of my Relic armor anytime soon. I think it's great that you want to meet others like you. But just remember that most people enjoy this game without needing to muddle the experience with the dramas of everyday life. So, more power to you!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-14 12:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problem with people of different sexual orientations whatsoever, my thing is why does there need to a pro gay LS in FFXI? I understand that you are proud of your orientation, but the thing I like about FFXI is that there is no race, no sexual orientation, no rich and no poor (irl that is)...we're all just mithra, galkan...whatever. And it's not just homosexual specific, I feel the same way about any exclusionary LS, except in cases where there's a language barrier, and even then I think it's kinda bunk...but as I speak English natively I may be a little biased. I know I have no problem using auto-translate, but I can see how it may be frustrating to others...

I play to escape reality, not mold it to be another version of it. To each their own...but like Lu said, I've never once heard of anyone being discriminated against for anything, let alone to the point where you need a specific LS to escape it...
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 13:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the title was meant as an attention getter, i find the game to be boring without "other stuff" to talk about while doing things that are just time consuming, with that said, i am not offended, i am just hoping i see more people letting me know they are interested. I envison a lighthearted ls that doesnt get upset over things not so important, perhaps thats justification for the original post.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-14 13:01:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Hatheron said:
To some extent, I think Serb is right with his comment about the title of this thread. If you are serious about wanting to create a friendly gay linkshell, a more mature thread title would definitely go over much better. The lack of maturity in the title does invite lack of maturity.

I want to make it clear that I do not mean to offend the OP. This is just my constructive criticism. I play this game for the sake of having fun and being myself. However, I don't ever feel it necessary to bring my sexuality into the game. Frankly, it's not gonna help me get the rest of my Relic armor anytime soon. I think it's great that you want to meet others like you. But just remember that most people enjoy this game without needing to muddle the experience with the dramas of everyday life. So, more power to you!

This ^

However, there's nothing wrong with making a gay friendly linkshell for the sake of wanting to get to know people who can relate to you as a person without the risk of immediate criticism the moment the other person finds out. I do agree sexual matters need not be taken into the game as it has little to no relevance in playing or the purpose of playing it whatsoever, however, the reasons of being able to socialize with those of your peers without risk of condescending breakouts is certainly a worthy cause for a linkshell.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-04-14 13:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:

There's a thing called credibility. Even online. People listen better when you don't act like a jackass.

Normally I'd say something like "Can I have your babies?" but I don't think that's for this thread >_>

Seriously, what Bart said really needs to be put right over the reply box until this entire forum base can look at it and pause and realize that that's the major problem around here.
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-04-14 13:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Theonly said:
the title was meant as an attention getter, i find the game to be boring without "other stuff" to talk about while doing things that are just time consuming, with that said, i am not offended, i am just hoping i see more people letting me know they are interested. I envison a lighthearted ls that doesnt get upset over things not so important, perhaps thats justification for the original post.

You can find those linkshells out there that are light-hearted and 100% social. They do exist, and I know this because I'm in one. I just want you to understand that you don't have to create a all-gay or gay-friendly linkshell just to feel accepted in the FFXI community. People will accept you if you are a good player, nice, and a fun guy! I'm not telling you not to bring your sexuality into this game. I'm saying you don't HAVE to. That's why I love FFXI so much! It gives me the ability to be generous in game when I cannot afford to be generous in RL. I can be spectacular at my job as a BLU even though I suck as an office worker in RL. FFXI gives me the ability to shine brightly in my own way without being hindered by RL. Take advantage of that. Once you do, this game becomes SO much more enjoyable and a lot less boring. ^_^
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-14 13:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah...we forgot the other option.
GO BACK INTO THE CLOSET!
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 13:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't doubt that, im in one atm myself, however. /sigh

ever want pumpkin pie, and everyone else it telling you apple pie is just as good, and thats the more popular one to eat? well, i am not wanting to eat pie because i wanna do the poluar thing, understand?
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-14 13:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Theonly said:
i don't doubt that, im in one atm myself, however. /sigh

ever want pumpkin pie, and everyone else it telling you apple pie is just as good, and thats the more popular one to eat? well, i am not wanting to eat pie because i wanna do the poluar thing, understand?

yes I do ; ;
I hate apple pie but love pumpkin....
 Alexander.Theonly
By Alexander.Theonly 2009-04-14 13:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

see?!
thats all this is about, not that one is better than the other
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-14 13:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been some gay LS mates who've come and gone from my LS, they've been very cool people.

But yeah, FFXI is an ESCAPE from reality, not to create another reality the same as the one we live in now. Isn't that the whole point about video games?

The title is enough to start controversy, and people like Serb coming out of the woodwork to spew their bigotry onto the rest of us.

Sure, you don't have to eat apple pie, thats why YOU BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH!That's what makes us special... like snowflakes :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8