Forum » FFXI » General » Need help deciding on a body piece from ACP
Need help deciding on a body piece from ACP
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-04-13 13:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I'm going to fight the last boss from ACP in a few minutes, waiting on one guy to climb, and have been trying to decide what body to get. Since I can't think of a truly good use for the mage body (Goliard saio on RDM is better, Nobles on WHM, and Weskit on BLM) I've been thinking of getting the light armor for my BLU.

Thing is, I'm not really sure what augments to get on it if I decide to go with it the BLU body... I'd not cast spells in it, since AF Body has the +15 skills, so I'm contemplating just making it a TP/WS piece. Any advice? BLU is my first melee so I'm still experimenting with that stuff :X
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-13 13:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, for a TP piece, I'd say:

Accuracy +10
Double Attack +2%

Though, I don't have BLU levelled, I've played on my friends's BLU's and I've got WAR myself, I have to say that the Accuracy Bonus off Haub is awesome, I highly recommend adding Acc+ on to any piece you intend on using to TP with.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Personally, for a TP piece, I'd say:

Accuracy +10
Double Attack +2%

Though, I don't have BLU levelled, I've played on my friends's BLU's and I've got WAR myself, I have to say that the Accuracy Bonus off Haub is awesome, I highly recommend adding Acc+ on to any piece you intend on using to TP with.

Not saying you're wrong, as I have no clue myself, but would Store TP +4 be better then DA+2% for TP gain? What does DA+2% do for gaining TP actually? As I'm going to be modding mine for DNC, and always /nin, if DA+2% will get me more TP I'm all about it...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-13 13:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes you attack twice. Two hits gives twice the TP, whereas Store TP doesn't necessarily mean you'll get TP as fast as the occasional double attack. It all depends really.

The fact this is for Blue Mage, though, makes double attack even better, as it will allow the double attack to activate on weapon skills. You could use this body piece since Blue Mages can't equip Haubergeon.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 13:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Makes you attack twice.

Well, yeah, I figured that, but does it proc enough to outweigh Store TP +4?

Edit: NVM, you answered in your edit ^^
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-13 13:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Wooooodum said:
Makes you attack twice.

Well, yeah, I figured that, but does it proc enough to outweigh Store TP +4?

Edit: NVM, you answered in your edit ^^

Sorry, I accidentally submitted, rofl.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-13 13:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Give you 2 double attacks out of every 100!

I thought about STP+4/SB+4, but I've also been told it was "pointless" unless you were gonna stack it. I have to admit, unless you can close the gaps between the x-Hit builds, (8, 7, 6, etc) then it does seem pretty pointless IMO.

EDIT: Damn I need to stop talking on FFXI while I'm answering posts >.> Get beaten to the punch several times over.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-13 13:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
Hey guys, I'm going to fight the last boss from ACP in a few minutes, waiting on one guy to climb, and have been trying to decide what body to get. Since I can't think of a truly good use for the mage body (Goliard saio on RDM is better, Nobles on WHM, and Weskit on BLM) I've been thinking of getting the light armor for my BLU.

Thing is, I'm not really sure what augments to get on it if I decide to go with it the BLU body... I'd not cast spells in it, since AF Body has the +15 skills, so I'm contemplating just making it a TP/WS piece. Any advice? BLU is my first melee so I'm still experimenting with that stuff :X

Do you have NQ or HQ weskit? RR with Macc and Mab > NQ weskit but not as good HQ. Its also the best Nuking body for RDM outside of Morgian's. Macc + Fast cast also makes for a very nice Drain/Aspir body.

For Blu, in straight melee situation making a haub would be the best. 10acc/10att is just really really nice for any melee. If you were going for something really specific than you could replace the 10 att with something else you might want, but you can't remove the 10 acc and still expect a decent piece.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 13:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:

I thought about STP+4/SB+4, but I've also been told it was "pointless" unless you were gonna stack it. I have to admit, unless you can close the gaps between the x-Hit builds, (8, 7, 6, etc) then it does seem pretty pointless IMO.

Ya, as DNC I'm stacking STP with the Cobra Unit Cap ***, but granted I'm usually using TP for healing and ***, not for WS's, so the x-hit build isn't a consideration for me much...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-13 13:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:

EDIT: Damn I need to stop talking on FFXI while I'm answering posts >.> Get beaten to the punch several times over.

Yeah, it all depends on if the STP is enough to remove a swing to get to 100TP. Although its not quite as good for 1 handers as it is for 2 handers.
Since for a 1 handed job it will take you maybe 10-12 strikes to reach 100 tp, if you miss one time you will fall short of 100 then the next 2 swings (if your subbing nin) will put you a full swing over 100 which results in wasted tp.

For dnc however 10 acc / 4 stp/sub seems pretty hawt. Since dnc is only trying to get more tp and not just get to 100 asap for WS spam. 4sub while not a lot will help a little at least from the tp spam you put on a mob with ur dag/joy.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-13 13:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have the Mirage Jubbah yet this is a nice TP piece with Acc+10 Atk+10, and as Frobeon mentioned it's a good WS piece with those augments also.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-13 14:08:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

heeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Quick ninjer question when you add STP on the body is it only STP or do you get sutle-blow as well on it

asking since I saw some dude with STP and subtle blow AAAAAnnnd fast-cast on his body
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-13 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you get both Subtle and Store with one choice. It's the same thing with the pet stats.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-13 14:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While we have this thread going >.>

I'm thinking of getting Mirke and Double Attack +2%, Critical Hit +3% for using as NIN WS piece. Any suggestions?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-13 14:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:

I'm thinking of getting Mirke and Double Attack +2%, Critical Hit +3% for using as NIN WS piece. Any suggestions?

tbh horrible ws piece for nin. haub is better than what you listed and only 250k or so.

I'd def go a different route.
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-13 14:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen alot of BLU on my server with 10ACC and 3% dual wield on Mirke. Don't know much about that... just a thought o.O
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-04-13 15:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me show you the math here.

Double Attack +2%

10TP * 100 attacks + 2 additional attacks from double = 1020 TP

Store TP +4

10TP * 100 attacks * 4% Store TP = 1040 TP

You can argue all you want but Store TP is mathematically proven to be better.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 15:06:27

Etrayis said:

Double Attack +2%

Store TP +4

True, but that would be assuming you never WS. The benefits of double attack despite the low percentage will provide a much greater benefit than slightly more TP gained over an excessive string of attacks.

I'm not sure if DA can be applied to physical spells though. I have yet to really play BLU.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-13 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Etrayis said:

Double Attack +2%

Store TP +4

True, but that would be assuming you never WS. The benefits of double attack despite the low percentage will provide a much greater benefit than slightly more TP gained over an excessive string of attacks.

I'm not sure if DA can be applied to physical spells though. I have yet to really play BLU.

WS count as hits too. The more difficult math breakdown would be does the % change that one or both of those DA proc on a WS vs the xtra WS's over time from the STP
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-04-13 15:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree there. Hence I said mathematically ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 15:11:32

Unless you never plan on getting sea and obtaining a brutal earring ever, I would personally go with the double attack for the 2nd augment for BLU.

PS: I'm still curious if DA can proc on physical spells ;3
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-13 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it can't.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-13 15:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Hitetsu said:

tbh horrible ws piece for nin. haub is better than what you listed and only 250k or so.

...It's a terrible WS piece on a Crit Hit WS that can Double Attack? Why exactly is it bad..?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-13 15:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Frobeus said:
Hitetsu said:

...It's a terrible WS piece on a Crit Hit WS that can Double Attack? Why exactly is it bad..?

Short answer. 1 missed swing in your Jin is gonna hurt you more than those stat boosts are going to help. Nin suffers badly in ACC, sure you could on occasion bust some epeenjin with that (lolepeenninws) but in the long run your jin will suck balls.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2009-04-13 16:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to make a piece for ninja, id suggest 10Acc/Dual wield, or maybe a gimp afbody with dual wield but with double att 2%, or just a sweet tank piece for nin/drk, Fast cast/Enmity+5. But for other jobs, id highly suggest putting at least acc on it, unless you are at cap with gears/food, then you can put other stuff.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-13 16:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
I agree there. Hence I said mathematically ^^

Your math has no real bearing on the questions put forth. Sure, you'll get 20 more TP over 100 'landed hits', but that is irrelevant. Since when would 20 more TP in 100 hits matter?

The real question here is the DoT of one versus the other.

DA+2% = 1 more attack in 50 swings. If you're Dual-Wielding or using H2H that means 1 more hit in 25 attack rounds. So, if you're getting back let's say 5.3TP per hit... You hit 100 TP within 19 swings or 10 attack rounds. This means that if you're at cap 95% accuracy you should WS every 10 rounds or once ~ every 65 seconds (without any haste). With DA+2% you're getting an extra swing ~ 1x every 2 ws's. Which would just = wasted TP.

For Store TP, if you're getting back 5.3TP per swing you'd end up getting back a whopping 5.5TP with the "Store TP" +4. Which means... It's still going to take you 19 hits to get 100% for a WS which equals 10 attack rounds at 95% Accuracy.

Sooo.... In the end it doesn't really matter which way you go with DA or ST when it comes down to which will WS first. But, you will get one more hit with DA over ST every 50 hits. Which gives you a slight edge in DoT.

(Also, this is a comparison made from starting with 0 TP and excludes any TP returned from WS's.)