Forum » FFXI » General » campaign....
campaign....
 Bismarck.Brotz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Brotz
By Bismarck.Brotz 2009-04-12 19:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well basically I'm just venting here. I finally get wings of the goddess and I cant even campaign against forts for good xp. I'm a 73 whm looking to get to 75 but with the xp cut on fighting forts its almost not even worth me going to campaign anymore. I mean being whm my DD skills are way below cap, miss every 2/3 hits so I cant just melee the mobs. Also being whm I just cant stand watching people die in front of me and I have to cure them so I cap out my Cure spells on xp but its not alot. What DD's get in exp compared to me in the same amount of time is ridiculous. I will make about 600xp while they get about 1k or more. I loved forts when I was fighting them because I was able to get good xp. but now its not even worth me going there any more. I bought Wings about 3 weeks b4 the update so I didnt even get to fight that many forts. Didnt even get to build limit points off them so thats why im here Venting! sorry I just had to get it off my chest.
 Sylph.Seger
Server: Sylph
user: husurdade
By Sylph.Seger 2009-04-12 19:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

go cap your club?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Brotz
Server: Bismarck
user: Brotz
By Bismarck.Brotz 2009-04-12 20:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for posting back I went and read a page on wiki about campaign xp. apearently doing alot of actions counts for more than just hitting stuff. and cureing. I do raise people. I also read that hitting for zero gets ya nothing also. but if you think about about it you cap out on stuff pretty fast so I guess just turning in tags will have to be more often now. every two min or so instead of every 15 min or so
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-12 20:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the first minute of campaign you dont earn exp, turning in tags every 2 minutes is a terrible idea, id just let it ride, i dont think those ffxiclopedia pages are very accurate..........
 Carbuncle.Tellahchan
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Tellahchan 2009-04-12 20:42:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest way to get exp is to tank, if you can.
2nd easiest is doing butt-tons of damage.

Sub war, use Solace, voke/flash/cure your way to whm tank-dom.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-12 21:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesh, going /Nin in campaign battle is completely gimping your exp, unless you are really that flimsy. I always go Whm/Blm for spikes, Drain and Aspir (crappy, but I can get a little bit with Elemental Seal haha). I tried Whm/Nin for awhile, and as cool as it was, I was getting way less exp.

I usually hang around AoE mobs so I'm not tanking but still taking damage (especially Orcs, constantly erasing the Dex from Battle Dance is a crap load of exp).
If you have enough skill for Hexa Strike, then you should hit often. I rarely miss with 230 club skill (just enough for Black Halo, never went back to skill, which I should...). If not, you might want to invest in doing so.

Hell, even sub Dnc if you don't WS often, can survive longer. /Whm and /Dnc are the key to netting exp. (unless you are already that job main)

Oh, and Flash. Use Flash whenever you can.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-12 21:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what sucks? Trying to campaign as RNG.....
 Asura.Ktjrn
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-12 21:51:22
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:

huh? i thought campaign as rng would be more fun, deals far more damage than most jobs out there
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-12 22:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I love it when someone uses [Hexa Strike], then I connect with [Dragon Kick], and a beautiful [Light] skillchain radiates from the mobs body. Oh yeah, I still like campaign :D
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-12 22:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ktjrn said:
Kajidourden said:

huh? i thought campaign as rng would be more fun, deals far more damage than most jobs out there

You would think that... but using that much ammo is painful to your pockets, unless like me you just craft your own, but still, its money :(
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-12 22:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Ktjrn said:
Kajidourden said:

You would think that... but using that much ammo is painful to your pockets, unless like me you just craft your own, but still, its money :(

thats why you gotta spam wooden arrows and stuff...
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-12 22:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Kajidourden said:
Ktjrn said:
Kajidourden said:

thats why you gotta spam wooden arrows and stuff...

But then you're doing gimpy shitty damage, and probably not gonna earn much xp. Dunno havent tried to spam wooden arrows lmao
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-12 22:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read about going /dnc and meleeing with a Mercurial Kris or Temperance Axe...do dmg and heal from aoes. =\
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-12 22:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/DNC does wonders in Campaign.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-12 22:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
I've read about going /dnc and meleeing with a Mercurial Kris or Temperance Axe...do dmg and heal from aoes. =\

You know, its prolly cause im still grinding my RNG, but i wasnt aware we could use that axe lmao
 Hades.Valkyria
Server: Hades
user: Valkyria
By Hades.Valkyria 2009-04-12 23:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Kaji
I will totally agree rng in campaign can suck, but the best thing i did was going /war with an Axe and spamming wooden arrows , you can buy a buttload from a npc for cheap and its no big deal, ull still do tons of damage. and honestly ur not losing that much exp from using wooden arrows. Unless you wanna go /dnc but i never really seemed to have an issue as going /war. thats gonna be really up to you.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-13 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually go as SAM/DNC to campaign. And after the update still got 2k+ against mobs. Idk how long that took though. So I was healing constantly and doing damage. Buuut, going against forts after the update I fought a fort for 15 minutes and then the campaign ended. And I got 15 xp and 7 allied notes.... Thats just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. No more fighting forts for me.