users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Angel Skin !
Angel Skin !
 Bahamut.Kuulan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Kuulan 2009-04-11 11:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hihi guys just a question ... since the update the skin on my server at least went to 1.8 mil per piece from 550k .. im not saying its a bad thing since i fish this from a while now but im just wondering why wont ppl just lower the price on orbs to 100k per piece instead of increasing the price of skin to 1.8mil lol well its an ok thing but curious :p since the update kuftal is like motherfucking china too >_> lol
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-11 11:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause they want more money?
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-04-11 11:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Supply and demand, it's a Rare drop to begin with and now it's used in something other than cursed gear. Of all things it's used to make one of the final items to get your gobbie bag.

I saw some comments on the angel skin and some people just make me laugh... "Skin cost's 500k so angel skin orbs SHOULD COST less than 100k do the math!" lol this comment just made me laugh.

If you're a high lvl bonecrafter and you can make these then of course you're not just trying to make your money back you want profit.

So to those out there upset about the price don't be mad at the people who set the price be mad at the people willing to pay the price and help establish the price setting.

You think the cigarette industry would keep raising the prices if no one bought them? Supply and demand.
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-04-11 12:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

powa of tha crafterz!!
if they don't lower the price on the orbs, ppl selling the skins will realize this and sell them high + the higher demand on skins + same supply (ppl fished them 24/7 anyways, so that won't change)
To my view is natural an increase on the skin price... for the latter argument, but the Orb should be cheaper... But atm we have an OMGGOBBIEBAG frenzy... so ppl are willing to pay stupid prices for an item that will be 175k in a month (the orb)
I guess it'll be that low cuz the skin should drop to about 700k at least and since the yield is 6 orbs per skin, let's say + breaks it'll be 4... still 700/4=175 (I don't think there will be that many breaks but meh let's play it safe)
So as long as the price is up you'll still be in China. And I bet there will be a lot of dumb *** that release the Manta... So enjoy :X
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-11 12:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
You think the cigarette industry would keep raising the prices if no one bought them? Supply and demand.

Well, cigs go up 'cause they keep increasing the taxes on them, not cause the cig companies do. When my grandmother was young they used to give them away...at her high school no less lol. Of course, this was back when smoking was thought to be "good for you", and lord knows they wanted repeat customers. CIgarettes are worse then crack; as a smoker, DON'T EVER START FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST...I've never had such a hard time breaking a habit before in my life.

But yeah, if there's money to be made, people will find a way to do it, and as long as peeps are willing to pay the price they'll continue to sell. I think it's stupid to pay so much personally, but if I had a bajillion gil like some peeps I would prolly just buy the ***and be done with it myself lol
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-04-11 12:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishkur said:
And I bet there will be a lot of dumb *** that release the Manta... So enjoy :X

^True last night I saw a few keep fishing while it was caught and not for ebisu, you can tell it was first timers there. About an hour later they caught on and wow the endless rusty leggings.
>.<
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-11 12:28:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I have heard rumors of Angel Skin x2 dropping off the NM's in the past, I think they said from the bcnm's or ANNM's but yeah they stated it was a guarenteed x2 angel skin. Might be worth looking into.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-11 12:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The price of the Gobbiebag items is going to stay high for quite some time. There's always going to be somebody not so bright or too rich who will gladly pay more than they should for these upgrades. Since the Angel Skin Orbs are potentially massive money makers for Bonecrafters, the demand on Angel Skin is going to sharply multiply over the coming couple of months. You can see evidence of this on some servers already.

The supply of Angel Skins will not increase. Sure, there will be more fishers, but spawn frequency is going to be as regular as it was before. This means that the new demand, thanks to the Gobbiebags quest, is going to be poles apart from the supply. It wouldn't surprise me to see Angel Skins even out in the future worth potentially over a million gil; that is, until a quest provides an Angel Skin Orb or another means of Angel Skins is introduced. Neither have happened yet, but that doesn't mean it won't.

I make a lot of my income off of Angel Skins, or at least I did. I won't bother for quite awhile until the hubub of Gobbiebags has died down. As my favourite Galka Ishkur said, people will be releasing the Manta way too often to make it worthwhile camping it. The higher value on Angel Skins is going to bring many new faces down to Kuftal Tunnel who won't know what they're doing. Supply could even lower depending on how many "noobs" (for lack of a better word) are releasing Manta.

Angel Skin price may never stabalise if no other means of getting one is implimented. Adaman Ingots sharply rose to a stable 200,000 after the Gobbiebag VII & VIII updates, staying at the 200,000 mark for almost five months. It lowered to 80,000-100,000 and it hasn't recovered since; they're still selling for that price on Garuda (compared to an average 20,000-40,000 before the update). The exact same could and should be said about Molybdenum Ingots, too. I'm not complaining, though. I've already sold one for 1,000,000 and I'm going to wait a week and sell five more at that price. Somebody will pay for it!

As for personally camping Angel Skins, I think I'm going to be prudent for now and make money through other means until the Gobbiebag rush has died down.
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-04-11 12:47:03

I'm sure Mog Satchel will hold me over plenty long until the prices settle down to a much more reasonable level.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-11 12:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, which is why I laugh at the people spending millions who've bought a security token. They're going to get +70 spaces for zero gil.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-04-11 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hecatomb

:(
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-04-11 12:54:03

Raenryong said:
Hecatomb

:(

Yeah, I feel bad for people legitimately seeking to get some heca gear but they're gonna be SOL for awhile.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-04-11 13:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

On Bahamut it's not even 'THAT' much profit to make the orbs. Alot of orbs are selling at 305k-310k. So if you buy a skin for 1.8mil and sell the orbs you make about 30-60k lol. I don't think I would risk breaking and losing 1.8 mil just make 60k.
 Ifrit.Danzigg
Server: Ifrit
user: dimebag2
By Ifrit.Danzigg 2009-04-11 13:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I fish for mantas all the time.. i got drop yesterday morning went to the ah and was like wtf double in price...so i was curious did a shout 1M angelskin just to see if it wasnt ppl just jackin price up but i was amazed when i got 5 tells in 40 seconds. I guess it sux for ppl craftn heca but great for ppl farmin skins:)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-04-11 13:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally got my N Head today :D

... the abjuration.

Oh god the cursed item...
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-11 14:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope since they are making more use for it they make somthing else drop it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-04-11 14:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently ANNM's (past version of ISNMs) do :o
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-11 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Exactly, which is why I laugh at the people spending millions who've bought a security token. They're going to get +70 spaces for zero gil.

why would you laugh at them for that? or is it because they're spending real money for in game stuff?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-11 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
why would you laugh at them for that? or is it because they're spending real money for in game stuff?

Because they're spending millions of gil when they're about to get +70 spaces for zero gil. I believe I said that the first time...
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-11 16:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Typical *** pom.

They are not getting 70+ for free/ zero gil as such, they paid $9.99 for it in real life.

Why do all your posts read as though they are being spoken with a mouthfull of crumpets and ***?