Gear Help?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » gear help?
gear help?
By onionknightpld 2011-07-12 20:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i have been playing ffxi for a long time and i have really gotten into playing thf even tho lots ppl say thfs only good for TH which is a load of crap cause i do some good dmg but my question is what is really good gear for thf to use? i dont need weapons just gear i have lots of good some excellent gear but whats best i know dex for sa and evisceration and agi for ta so can anyone help me out please ^^
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-12 20:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally dozens of threads on the thief forum.

Getting started, SA and TA

Several tp sets
[+]
By onionknightpld 2011-07-12 20:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah theres alot but alot of them all trolled up and ***
but thanks anyways
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-07-14 15:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

TP - Inside Abyssea, it will depend on your Atma choice. The two predominant Atma styles are triple synergy (RR/AO/AA) which gives you 25% triple attack combining with gear/merits to give you ~44% and heavy critical (RR/SS/GH) which gives +60% damage on criticals with a +50% rate. You should aim for either a full AF3+2 or 4/5 with a haste piece on feet depending on which Atma combination you go with. Ryuga Sune-ate are the ideal feet in the 4/5 build with Homam being second.

For accessories use Love Torque or Tiercel Necklace depending on which gear set you use, then Rajas Ring or Demonry Ring depending on gear set, Epona's Ring, Twilight Belt, Atheling Mantle, Suppanomimi, Brutal, and Raider's Boomerang.

Outside Abyssea your triple attack rate is too low to justify 5/5 so always cap haste using the foot slot. How you go about that depends on your accuracy. I like to use Calmecac Trousers with Ancient Torque and Ballerines when my accuracy is fine. However keeping Raider's Culottes +2 with Ryuga Sune-Ate, and Love Torque is generally safe.

SA - Aias Bonnet, Loki's Kaftan, Love Torque (or Kubira Beads), Thunder Pearls, Thundersoul Rings, Hecatomb Subligar (or Tumbler Trunks or Matre Bragezann), Cuchulain's Belt, Lithe Boots. I've heard for WS, it is best to keep Atheling on compared to Nifty for the Double Attack but for straight sneak you can switch it in.

TA - Maat's Cap (or Bersail Cap or Denali Bonnet), Loki's Kaftan, Arctier's Torque, Breezesoul Rings, Rogue Armlets +1, Ambusher's Hose, Crudelis Belt, Raider's Poulaines +2. I personally like to keep Atheling Mantle on for the attack since a lot less of the AGI gear comes with attack when compared to DEX gear.