Tier 2 Enspells Useless?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Tier 2 Enspells useless?
Tier 2 Enspells useless?
First Page 2
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-10 10:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ok from what i have experienced i think that EN2 spells are useless, well solo anyway.

on a sand lizzie in kuftal tunnel:-

Enblizzard II done max 37 dmg - lizzie was half dead at this point. this procs on first hit only as wee know

Enblizzard does 20 dmg - this procs on every hit as /NIN i get maz 40dmg from enblizzard if Joyeuse procs 2 hits (which is majority of the time) then thats 60 dmg

now i checked the dmg resistance thing water II with gimp elemental magic skill on a pot done 30 dmg when not using enfire II but with enfire II it done 60 dmg.

if i gan do more DoT dmg with Tier I en- spells then WTF is the point in Tier II.

thats my findings.

also please note i DO NOT have an Enhancing sword i dont have 2 mill to get it, also i dont feel the need to have one. yeah you might say get an Enhancing sword, that still wont make me get one. even if i did have one tier I enspells will still do more DoT
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 10:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the thing is, if the resistance is -30 and actually works on anything that matters, a T2 enspell + Death Blossom could possibly make for some nice resist rates for blm's to pile on more MAB, least thats how I view it, could be completely off though.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 10:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When will you people learn that spells are never pointless? Sure, T1 Enspells will do more damage with Joyeuse or /NIN or with any multiattack weapon, but what if you don't have that option? It's either 21 damage with a T1 Enspell or 34 damage with a T2 Enspell.

Another thing is, obviously, the Resistance-down effect lowers resistance to enfeebling magic spells, which may not be useful on anything under than IT because if a RDM is getting resists on something that low, they're obviously doing something wrong. It does however mean you need less mage gear and can gear more for DD and still manage to stick spells.

They also look awesome. (Lol.)

The Thread Title said:
Tier 2 Enspells useless?

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooo.

They might not be AS good as T1 Enspells, but they still have their uses.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-10 10:22:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

If it can stack up with ninjutsu and AM, then this is far from useless.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-10 10:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvision said:
ok from what i have experienced i think that EN2 spells are useless, well solo anyway.

on a sand lizzie in kuftal tunnel:-

Enblizzard II done max 37 dmg - lizzie was half dead at this point. this procs on first hit only as wee know

Enblizzard does 20 dmg - this procs on every hit as /NIN i get maz 40dmg from enblizzard if Joyeuse procs 2 hits (which is majority of the time) then thats 60 dmg

now i checked the dmg resistance thing water II with gimp elemental magic skill on a pot done 30 dmg when not using enfire II but with enfire II it done 60 dmg.

if i gan do more DoT dmg with Tier I en- spells then WTF is the point in Tier II.

thats my findings.

also please note i DO NOT have an Enhancing sword i dont have 2 mill to get it, also i dont feel the need to have one. yeah you might say get an Enhancing sword, that still wont make me get one. even if i did have one tier I enspells will still do more DoT

I've got Enhancing Sword and would test out these things but gonna wait til the hipe dies down to bother farmin the spells.... way to much competition from people tryin to make a buck for me to care right now.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Sounds good in theory, but there's still the issue of actually landing a hit on NMs that actually matter. It's hard for real DDs to hit Kirin-or-higher NMs, let alone a mage with barely any usable ACC gear.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-10 10:33:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Artemicion said:

Sounds good in theory, but there's still the issue of actually landing a hit on NMs that actually matter. It's hard for real DDs to hit Kirin-or-higher NMs, let alone a mage with barely any usable ACC gear.

Feint :3
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 10:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Artemicion said:

Rdm have access to lots of ACC gear and the new JA gives +15 acc as well.
You will prob hit for 0 with your lack of ATT, but if the enspell still procs then who cares.

Ohat,PCC,SH,Snipex2,lifebelt = +50 acc off of common items, with capped sword skill +15 more acc from JA a rdm shouldn't have too much trouble hitting something a few times.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-10 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Enternius said:
Artemicion said:

Feint :3

Again, sounds good in theory, but the effect lasts 30 seconds and has a 10 minute recast. Barely effective for the long drawn-out fights, you know?

Frobeus said:
Rdm have access to lots of ACC gear and the new JA gives +15 acc as well.
You will prob hit for 0 with your lack of ATT, but if the enspell still procs then who cares.

Sushi gives +15%ish ACC. That's the bulk of most DD's ACC. RDM can't use that and still be a good RDM.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-10 11:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ok first of all you have to build up the DMG on en2 spells, the only way en2 spells will out dmg En1 spells is if you are hitting the mob 30+ times with out any wiff swings even if you wiff a few times then the dmg decreases. if your gonna be swinging at a mob for hours then maybe it will be handy, but i dont think it will.

thats just my oppinion. might be usefull against gods etc, but on my server that i know off RDMs are just mages not for DDing or Tanking. i may be wrong on that but any LS groups i been with, they dont want RDMs anywhere near a mob with a weapon. even with en2 spells
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 11:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Sushi gives +15%ish ACC. That's the bulk of most DD's ACC. RDM can't use that and still be a good RDM.

LUL wut? I haven't used sushi outside of CS'ing a chariot in over a year.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 11:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvision said:
ok first of all you have to build up the DMG on en2 spells, the only way en2 spells will out dmg En1 spells is if you are hitting the mob 30+ times with out any wiff swings even if you wiff a few times then the dmg decreases. if your gonna be swinging at a mob for hours then maybe it will be handy, but i dont think it will.

thats just my oppinion. might be usefull against gods etc, but on my server that i know off RDMs are just mages not for DDing or Tanking. i may be wrong on that but any LS groups i been with, they dont want RDMs anywhere near a mob with a weapon. even with en2 spells

Thats the whole point of this update and giving RDM the new spells + JA.
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-04-10 11:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

capped feint is 2m recast. very effective for long drawn out fights. evasion reduction for 30s every2mins. total of 90s without evasion dropped between recasts. adds up real quick.
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-10 11:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Ohat,PCC,SH,Snipex2,lifebelt = +50 acc off of common items, with capped sword skill +15 more acc from JA a rdm shouldn't have too much trouble hitting something a few times.

Wait...

I'm supposed to carry around a MAB set, a hMP set, an Enfeebling set, an Enhancing set, and now an Accuracy set?

I'll put the priority on lugging that gear around and spell farming right next to getting WHM merits. Sometime between later and never.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 11:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Raikan said:
Frobeus said:

Wait...

I'm supposed to carry around a MAB set, a hMP set, an Enfeebling set, an Enhancing set, and now an Accuracy set?

I'll put the priority on lugging that gear around and spell farming right next to getting WHM merits. Sometime between later and never.

Yes you are, its called Mog Satchel.
 Fairy.Raikan
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-10 11:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called not happening this year.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 11:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Raikan said:
It's called not happening this year.

Ok, well it't not everyone else's fault that your gimp b/c your a cheapass
 Fairy.Raikan
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-10 12:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when has RDM ever been gimp?
 Sylph.Creepers
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Creepers 2009-04-10 12:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Raikan said:
Since when has RDM ever been gimp?

I think he's refering to you in general not just your rdm job :P
 Cerberus.Toabea
Server: Cerberus
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2009-04-10 12:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They are good for people that don't use Dual Wield, otherwise I would stic with Tier 1 Enspells...Until a certain point, Tier II spells wouldn't give as much DoT vs the Tier 1 spells with two weapons.
 Titan.Ohara
Server: Titan
user: Ohara
By Titan.Ohara 2009-04-10 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd
 Fairy.Raikan
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-10 12:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really care what somebody from Midgard has to say about me or my jobs.

Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Your lack of careing in no way reducing your level of gimp for not maxing out a jobs potential.
 Fairy.Raikan
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-10 12:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have other jobs I care to max out. ~.^

Tell you what, when I get my first Tier2 Enspell I'll post here to let you know. Thread bookmarked!
 Midgardsormr.Lilya
user: Lilya
By Midgardsormr.Lilya 2009-04-10 12:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus do I have to carry around +acc gear for my Rdm too? I'm a taru so I fully expect to potentially cute my target to death.
 Pandemonium.Jshadows
Server: Pandemonium
user: jshadows
By Pandemonium.Jshadows 2009-04-10 12:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

As rdm i hardly ever use food and have no problem landing stuff and being a good rdm, sushi only takes 1 mnd so it would be possible to be good even with that food.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 12:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Lil you do. No wife of mine is going to be gimp!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-04-10 13:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Raikan said:
I don't really care what somebody from Midgard has to say about me or my jobs.

Why dont we see this video on more posts? So appropriate. Girl is kinda cute,... i guess lol.
 Lakshmi.Chantal
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aprili
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-04-10 13:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=1925

It's totally possible to stack up a ton of ACC on RDM (using sushi). Sole sushi doesn't give any MND or INT penalties, fyi.

You could cap ACC on an HNM in that set, especially with composure (another +15 ACC), merits (another 14.4 ACC) and madrigal (~30 ACC, varies depending on the BRD). Most melee DDs don't get that much accuracy (they trade it for haste mainly) because it's not usually necessary.

Also you'd be hitting 0's on a lot of HNMs, which means you wouldn't feed it extra TP. Get a SAM to shikikoyo you and you can use Death Blossom > Kasha for Light while using Enwater II and then the BRD gets an easy Elegy, RDMs get an easy Slow II/Para II, and all the BLMs can nuke with Burst II in full MAB gear all at once for a Magic Burst.

But, oh noes! That requires teamwork. Wouldn't want that in MY final fantasy :(

Also, just for the record, I don't melee on RDM. But saying it's not possible is just ignorant.
First Page 2