New WHM Spells Pretty Much Pointless..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » New WHM spells pretty much pointless..
New WHM spells pretty much pointless..
 Fenrir.Ellatrix
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ellatrix
By Fenrir.Ellatrix 2009-04-10 04:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Cast Sacrifice.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-10 05:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG my WHM naow actually has to do workz!

User submitted image

srsly.... all i read here is lazy b!tching or idiotic trolling....
 Hades.Kikha
Server: Hades
user:
By Hades.Kikha 2009-04-10 07:21:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Does the OP even play WHM? The changes are unbelievably good. And lolno, WHM's aren't going to "deliberately" get hurt for
Misery especially since Esuna requires no damage charges to get all of the bonuses from Misery.

Edit: In fact, after re-reading the OP there are so many wrong points that it's mind boggling:

Quote:

Starting with Esuna.. since it only removes effects that I currently am afflicted with.. I'm not standing by the melee (which are the ones getting effects on them).. doesn't really help much.

Is it really that hard to run?

Quote:
Ok, so I can cast Sacrifice on them, and then do Esuna, assuming, the right effect gets transferred to me.. Afflatus Solace has to be activated for the 'bonus' of spells transferred- but for Esuna to work on the multiple effects, Afflatus Misery, has to be activated...

Really expect me to do all that?! I wouldn't want to use Misery and lose my bonus that I've gained up from Curing with Solace on. The recast for Erase is not really that long- rather just cast that a few times on the melee or a -na spell.

I had no idea that casting Sacrifice while in Solace then switching to Misery and casting Esuna is so horribly tough. If you're concerned about losing the charges you had from Solace then just drop a Holy before you change.

Quote:
Auspice is nice but wont get the full effect since I would never really be under Misery in an event... maybe a zerg vs something? idk..

Auspice is *amazing* for anything that you want to minimize mob TP abilities usage as much as possible (i.e certain Salvage mobs...). Again, it's not that tough to swap between Solace and Misery. They're both on a 1 minute cooldown timer.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-10 07:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikha said:
Does the OP even play WHM? The changes are unbelievably good. And lolno, WHM's aren't going to "deliberately" get hurt for
Misery especially since Esuna requires no damage charges to get all of the bonuses from Misery.

Edit: In fact, after re-reading the OP there are so many wrong points that it's mind boggling:

Quote:

Starting with Esuna.. since it only removes effects that I currently am afflicted with.. I'm not standing by the melee (which are the ones getting effects on them).. doesn't really help much.

Quote:
Ok, so I can cast Sacrifice on them, and then do Esuna, assuming, the right effect gets transferred to me.. Afflatus Solace has to be activated for the 'bonus' of spells transferred- but for Esuna to work on the multiple effects, Afflatus Misery, has to be activated...

Really expect me to do all that?! I wouldn't want to use Misery and lose my bonus that I've gained up from Curing with Solace on. The recast for Erase is not really that long- rather just cast that a few times on the melee or a -na spell.

I had no idea that casting Sacrifice while in Solace then switching to Misery and casting Esuna is so horribly tough. If you're concerned about losing the charges you had from Solace then just drop a Holy before you change.

Quote:
Auspice is nice but wont get the full effect since I would never really be under Misery in an event... maybe a zerg vs something? idk..

Auspice is *amazing* for anything that you want to minimize mob TP abilities usage as much as possible (i.e certain Salvage mobs...). Again, it's not that tough to swap between Solace and Misery. They're both on a 1 minute cooldown timer.

i hid all that thoughts in that little comment up there ._.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-04-10 07:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikha said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So the bottom line here is, the WHMs have become complacent and SE is gonna make them do some actually work now :)
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2009-04-10 08:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I really like the new WHM spells and abilities. I use my club quite a bit when I level my NPC so sacrifice is <3 <3 <3
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-10 09:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You know I just Love when ppl complane about up-grades from updates, you *** an moan about how X- job doesnt have X- abilitys, then you get some, and they Arnt what YOU wanted..

Really.. >.> we Could go back to the "Orginal" FFXI, befor WHM benidiction didnt remove ailments, or DRG 2hr was To Call there Wyvern, Ooh oooh >.o lets get rid of ninja! and umm, Return RNG to there Orginal power. >.>

common, the spells have there ideal purppouses, if you dont like how they work, or are to lazy to use them, Then Don't! There ARE Other jobs, and im VERY shure, WHM Isn't your Only job on this game, WHM is borring as hell past lvl 50. (and you get said abilitys at 50-55?) so yea >.>; level a DD job if you want that ***easy,

and befor you give a Flame saying DD isn't easy, >.>;
- /attack <bt> /wait 100% Tp Macro swap gear, weapon skill, rence repeat, :D
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-04-10 09:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Esuna has been one of the most usefull whm spells in all finaly fantasy games you can use it in. I havent played them all, but all the ones Ive played had it, and got much use with me.

Esuna removes a status ailment. Thats cool becuase you can throw it out there when you dont have time to be specific about what ailment you are healing.

I haven't looked into the new whm abilities for lack of time but I can say that whm doesn't need them. It is cool to give whm new moves to play with as whm can be boring.

For anyone that doesnt want to jumble through ablities and spells.. Just take the time to setup your macros for your spells and abilities, throw in gear swapping with the moves as needed. No matter how many new abilities and moves SE tosses at us to play with, they still move to the speed of macros... no problem.

These new moves are great! Time to finish lvling the job...
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-10 09:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just cure and ***like I normally did before the update. Got WHM to 75 before that, why mess with a good thing.
 Fenrir.Alijah
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-04-10 09:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the new WHM spells, and I don't even *have* a WHM.

These new spells have suddenly made WHM so much more efficient. Now, when I RDM, I can focus more on buffs and debuffing the mob because Im not supporting the WHM as heavily. And no, that's not a dig saying that I carried the WHM cause they were lazy but just because they had so much crap to do, theres no way they could do it by themselves. Erasing an entire party that was hit with Attack Down AND Bio AND Gravitied was a chore for every WHM and /whm in the party and now *poof* it's gone.

And einherjar!? Dont even get me started on Einherjar! Between skeles spamming Blind and ghosts spamming Curse and flayers and bio, OMG. <33333 these new whm updates! Can you not SEE the loveliness that is Esuna + Einherjar?

Every WHM I've had to work with in my salvage, limbus, sky and Einherjar were already great WHMs and I love working with them; all this update did was make them even better.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-10 09:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
I'll just cure and ***like I normally did before the update. Got WHM to 75 before that, why mess with a good thing.

^Idiot.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-10 09:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Icon said:

^Idiot.

^This
 Fenrir.Alijah
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-04-10 10:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:

You have every right to do that. To quote a bazaar comment I once saw:

It's your $12.95, play it how you want to. But the rest of this party paid $64.75, and we think you're an idiot.

You have every right to play WHM how you see fit, but ls's, merit parties, and Nyzul groups have every right to drop you and then go find a WHM who will do their job.
[+]