Forum » FFXI » General » Drop Rate...
Drop Rate...
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 20:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have Any idea what the drop rate on the Key items for the 2nd mission of the Crysal line Add on is,

i'm running on my Thf, with TH3, Ive killed about 7, or 10 Quads, And iv'yet to see the key items drop, or be acquired, some ppl have said they are 1/1 or 1/2 on them, with out TH3, other are 0/15 ...

Any one have any idea? Or did i miss a step?

Right after i got the opening Cs. I when to one of the 3 places the boy in the CS mentioned, and well.. yea no luck
 Sylph.Cerilono
Server: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-09 21:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop is actually just random. Maybe TH will help, but I doubt it. I soloed my pashhow one and was 1/4 quadavs.

First time though I spent 3 hours in meri mountains with 2 friends, one being TH3. No drop at all so I just logged.
3/3 now though, but the ??? on my server is not there lol.

GL getting them.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 21:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.. i'm 0/11 on the Quad one now.. and no luck, lol. my friends are saying that they are like 1/2 ~ 1/5 on all, =\ it's like

"wtf... did i miss something"
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-09 21:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same here. I hoped that SE would fix drop rate, cause right when people thought that camping NMs are hard, they discovered ACP.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 21:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerilono said:
cause right when people thought that camping NMs are hard, they discovered ACP.

Ya no ***, I've never seen so many peeps in Jugner in my life lol
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 21:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Cerilono said:
cause right when people thought that camping NMs are hard, they discovered ACP.

Ya no ***, I've never seen so many peeps in Jugner in my life lol

I know.. There was 65-72 there Right when it was Released, then, it droped to around 45-50 by midnight, Pst, Today, there was about 18-30 Lol...

Never the less >.> by the time i ever manage to maracusly get the items, there will be two things

1) the other 2 Add ons will be out,
2) No one will be doing this add on anymore, >.>;

-- Cop All over again :P
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-09 22:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It sucks that right now it's impossible to continue the add-on... I was really interested in this, but because of no ??? in Qufim, I'm stuck 'till SE does something. God forbid they ever fix something at JP time.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-04-09 22:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 on jugner 1/1 on marshlands 1/70 in mountains...
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-09 22:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Surreal said:

dam lucky, well.. Untell you hit the mountans.. lol

-I still wonder if anyones tryed to kill the monsters in the strong holds? Perhaps the item might drop from there as well --im temped to go nuke the orcs to next earthday >.> maybe, just maybe they will drop
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 22:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackmist said:
Surreal said:

dam lucky, well.. Untell you hit the mountans.. lol

-I still wonder if anyones tryed to kill the monsters in the strong holds? Perhaps the item might drop from there as well --im temped to go nuke the orcs to next earthday >.> maybe, just maybe they will drop

Friend that was with me yesterday killed 20+ orcs in Davoi and got nothing, so either the drop rate really sucks (possible) or they don't drop in there...
 Odin.Aerillie
Server: Odin
user: Aerillie
By Odin.Aerillie 2009-04-09 22:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

the mountains was easy me and friend was there for about a hour and we got 2 drops out of 4 and the marshlands we were there for about a hour it wasnt too bad we got 2 out of like 12 but forest was insane it was way over camped i swear orcs were popping claimed -.- we got 1 claim in 2 hours it was insane and no drop on top of it all you all that's 1/1 in the forest are lucky
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-10 08:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya when i did the forest, i clamed 4 orcs.. in 2 hours,

I dont think TH effects this drop, im finnaly 1/15 >.> ( Onyx Quad) droped the item) >.> I Am how ever thinking my TH Is broken... im killing Everything! (Money drops.. im broke) and Well >.> I killed a good 30 monsters, i got 2 fetich pices) 1 rock salt an that was all

and i have th all mighty thf dagga o.o...
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-10 08:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Either the drop rate isn't bad or i'm just lucky. Went in to Pashow as 75mnk/war got on the 5th kill, so I jumped to Jugner and got it about the 8th kill, and then as soon as I got into mountains got drop off first one I killed, Votary I believe, spent probably a total (with travel) of 50mins - 1hr for all 3.

Really didn't matter tho, I couldn't get any further because of the "???" in Qufim being all busted up. Gah do I hate you SE, and yet I still love you at the same time.. D:
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-10 09:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran out to the mountans, 1/11 on yags (over 2 days) Swaped to BLM and nuked them, and got it ^^ lucky to have out clamed a sam, nin, war, and whm lol..

yagudo votary droped the item from the mountans, and the Onyx Quad droped the pash item.. wonder witch orc will drop the forest item

::: Note~ I am Listing them, so when ppl go out to get them, they can just focus on 1 type of mob incace its Only from 1 class outa all the <mobs>
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-10 10:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 on Quadav, 1/2 on Yagudo, 1/2 on Orcs.

Only problem was finding mobs this is the first time I have ever seen this community go all at once for new missions. Normally it is like pulling teeth get to people to leave exp day or not go camp some mob for a few hours. Although it does jive with my theory that people are greedy and don't care about the missions, only the rewards; which is opposite of me who wants the story and the rewards are a bonus. We know the rewards for the expansion already so everyone needs to run and get ***now.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you stopped Zilart after getting sky? How many of you refused to do Arc Angles mission because you can just do Divine Might to get the earring? How many of you are farther along on Crystal Prophecies than say ... Wings of the Goddess?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-10 10:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you stopped Zilart after getting sky? How many of you refused to do Arc Angles mission because you can just do Divine Might to get the earring? How many of you are farther along on Crystal Prophecies than say ... Wings of the Goddess?

Personally, I'm on ZM6, still haven't done Promies, WotG mission 3...

See, the people that are busting through it now are the smart ones, because lord knows, once the bulk of the player base has done a certain mission, you're *** if you haven't. Although, farming the seedspall is gonna have to wait til the ***calms down, I'm not going out there when there's 40 people camping 5 Orc spawns >.<
 Bahamut.Kormix
Server: Bahamut
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-04-10 10:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We farmed all 3 items for 5 players in about 2hrs...... drop rate is great, it's all the competion atm that sucks.