How Much Is The Gobbiebag(s) On Your Server?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How much is the gobbiebag(s) on your server?
How much is the gobbiebag(s) on your server?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-09 20:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Orichalcum Ingot 300.000

Peiste Leather 100.000

Oil-Soaked Cloth 50.000

Oxblood Orb 8.000

= 458.000

Molybdenum Ingot 350.000

Griffon Leather 18.000

Foulard 100.000

Angel Skin Orb 480.000

= 948.000

Total: = 1.406.000 Gil On carbuncle

Thats about 1 mil over what I would pay for an extra 10 inv spaces. I've got 5 jobs @ 75 and I'm not that desperate.

How's things on your server?
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 21:00:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Look up that stuff again.
Just select "Ifrit" as server.
Should be the top 8 items.
 Alexander.Ewitt
Server: Alexander
user: ginger
By Alexander.Ewitt 2009-04-09 21:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

About the same.

I hope there is quest where the reward is angel skin orb and molybdenum ingot and orichalcum ingot.. The rest of the items are reasonable.

Orichalcum Ingot 290,000 30 stock
Angel Skin Orb 900,000 22 stock
Oxblood Orb 12,000 63 stock
Molybdenum Ingot 600,000 23 stock
Square Of Peiste Leather 120,000 18 stock
 Carbuncle.Luckydeville
By Carbuncle.Luckydeville 2009-04-09 21:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

what kinda inventory spaces you think i can get for 10k ? I'm looking for some everyday low prices .. =D
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-09 21:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Luckydeville said:
what kinda inventory spaces you think i can get for 10k ? I'm looking for some everyday low prices .. =D

Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 21:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

about a bajillion gil
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-09 21:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Look up that stuff again.
Just select "Ifrit" as server.
Should be the top 8 items.

its not me wanting to know prices, more that I'd like to know what other ppl think about the prices on their server.

Is it worth it? Really? ~1.5 M for an extra 10 spaces, that prolly gonna fill up with 10 stacks of crystals/bird feathers/other random ***.

Wasnt the mog satchet supposed to be available outside the mh as well?

If it is, and you have 70 spaces without the 2 new gobbiebags, wouldnt 140 spaces be enough?

1.5 M to have 160?
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-09 21:10:06

They are ridiculous, nontheless.
But crafters know that rich *** people will buy the items reguardless, then after the stupid rich buy their ***for 2~4mil, price slowy drops as 60+ of one item doesn't sell for 2mil. Oh noes, the peoples are getting smart!

I won't even go past 60, let along these jokes. I'll get around to 70 eventually~
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-09 21:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The 65 and 70 ones aren't bad if you quest the angelstone, deathstone and adaman ingot
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-04-09 21:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree.
What's it cost for a mule, an extra dollar a month?
How much of your crap do you need to actually have on-hand?
Couple sets of armor for macros or whatever, tools, food, ...?
I guess for farming the extra space could be useful, but if you have that kinda cash, wtf are you gonna be farming?
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-09 21:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well none of these items are rare beside both ingot which will always remains around 200K~300K (depending server). O.ingot always in high demand because of salvage, and Molybdenum Ingot still rare, even with the HQ3 desynth, it's not that easy to get.

As for Angel Stone Orb I think played thought you needed 1 skin / orb, that's why they paid that high. I did pay that high yesterday, sold it back today before people starts to realize 1 skin = 6 orb, orb should be 100K at best. Concerning Peiste, the skin is a reward from WoTG quest and easily farmable (~1hr solo, without TH), so this will drop too.

As for people saying you don't need 80, or that you can use satchel etc... Try to play BLM with 70 slots. It's impossible if you wanna have perfect sets for everything + some room for extra items.

-Nuke (MaB)
-Nuke (high resistant mob (INT/MaCC/Ele skill)
-Enfeebling (MND and INT)
-Stoneskin
-Dark Magic
-Force yellow
-IDLE
-Dot (full int)
-hMP
-Enmity-
-Conserve MP
and I'm prolly forgetting some.

Now add to these set item that can make your char better, even if rarely used, this include non-dark/lightning/ice obis for exemple. Add food, linkpearl, echo drops, one reraise item, 3 free slots to be able to lot some stuff when needed...

I've been constantly 67/70 for the past months and I still miss a haste set and a good conserve MP set, holding one linkpearl only because I can't afford to hold more etc... I do need 80 slots, and lot of players does. Most of that gear is extremely situational, but still it can make a difference.

If inventory upgrade was sold by NPC only, and price was 2M (or even 4M), I'd pay without hesitating. Now I agree that paying millions today while knowing price will be lower tomorrow is kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. We played with 70 slots for 1y, couple of extra weeks ain't gonna kill us.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-09 22:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Well none of these items are rare beside both ingot which will always remains around 200K~300K (depending server). O.ingot always in high demand because of salvage, and Molybdenum Ingot still rare, even with the HQ3 desynth, it's not that easy to get.

As for Angel Stone Orb I think played thought you needed 1 skin / orb, that's why they paid that high. I did pay that high yesterday, sold it back today before people starts to realize 1 skin = 6 orb, orb should be 100K at best. Concerning Peiste, the skin is a reward from WoTG quest and easily farmable (~1hr solo, without TH), so this will drop too.

As for people saying you don't need 80, or that you can use satchel etc... Try to play BLM with 70 slots. It's impossible if you wanna have perfect sets for everything + some room for extra items.

-Nuke (MaB)
-Nuke (high resistant mob (INT/MaCC/Ele skill)
-Enfeebling (MND and INT)
-Stoneskin
-Dark Magic
-Force yellow
-IDLE
-Dot (full int)
-hMP
-Enmity-
-Conserve MP
and I'm prolly forgetting some.

Now add to these set item that can make your char better, even if rarely used, this include non-dark/lightning/ice obis for exemple. Add food, linkpearl, echo drops, one reraise item, 3 free slots to be able to lot some stuff when needed...

I've been constantly 67/70 for the past months and I still miss a haste set and a good conserve MP set, holding one linkpearl only because I can't afford to hold more etc... I do need 80 slots, and lot of players does. Most of that gear is extremely situational, but still it can make a difference.

If inventory upgrade was sold by NPC only, and price was 2M (or even 4M), I'd pay without hesitating. Now I agree that paying millions today while knowing price will be lower tomorrow is kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. We played with 70 slots for 1y, couple of extra weeks ain't gonna kill us.

ok, im as far away from a career blm one can be (blm only 66), but if you're going somewhere, dont you know ahead whats expected of you?

Before last gobbiebag, when we only had 60 or 65, everyone was like really bad black mages coz they didnt have 70?

ninja edit: people always gonna want more space. 5 years from now when they have gobbibag XXV, ppl gonna go "stfu, ofcourse i NEED 265 inv spaces, how the hell am i gonna be able to bring this and this and that and all the other stuff with me?"
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-04-09 22:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

simple answer? way more than it should be, people just love a capitalistic society :/
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-09 23:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:

Before last gobbiebag, when we only had 60 or 65, everyone was like really bad black mages coz they didnt have 70?

Back in 2006 when you had no ToAU equip, no Salvage set, no Ein items, were black mages that bad ? You see where this is going...

It's not about being bad or not, any BLM can be "decent" with few HQ, no Salvage items etc... Everything else just help you in certain situation. Situation where the average blm would fail but you would succeed. Inventory slot enable you to do this.

Simple example : idle set.

Half of blm doesn't even use one, and standstill in ice staff... "What's earth staff ? I never use Stone ! So I left it in MH ! "=> 0 slot / 0%
Some are a bit more intelligent and idle in earth/terra staff at least. => 1 slot / 20%
Some push it harder, by having a dedicated set, meaning terra staff, but also jelly ring, umbra cape, goliard legs. => 4 slots / 34%
Same as above but add sorcerer earring => 5 slots / 34% ~ 64% (when HP < 25%).

So yeah 34% damage reduction when idle is a lot. 64% reduction when your hp are very low, it'll save your life. How can you achieve something like this ? Not by having 60 slots for sure.

Now I'm saying blm, I dunno about other job, but one sure thing 80 slots is a must have for us at least, so again, it's not worthless and satchel will never enable players to use 80 slot in real time.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-09 23:52:47

Thread title said:
How much is the gobbiebags on your server?

Way too much.
 Leviathan.Zelandred
Server: Leviathan
user: Zelandred
By Leviathan.Zelandred 2009-04-10 09:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't pay it either, especially since after I get the Security token in the mail... I'll double inventory space on my main and all of 6 mules.... paying out that much for Gobbiebag seems meh.

I can pay out 1mil+ for 10 slots on Gobbiebag... or wait 1 week + change for 70+ slots on every character...

I think I'll wait. :)
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-04-10 09:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

On bahmut?

lmao, it's way to damn expensive just for 10 extra slots, waste of gil.
 Leviathan.Mistwolf
Server: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Mistwolf 2009-04-10 10:10:43

Antipika said:
Zanno said:

Back in 2006 when you had no ToAU equip, no Salvage set, no Ein items, were black mages that bad ? You see where this is going...{here,here!}

Dont forget to mention the 8 damned Ele grips {though you did mention updates, this alone is a huge burden} (and that at the moment I dont carry for the simple fact it takes 8 damn spaces)

Now add to that say.. A leader of an LS who does sea/sky/limbus/salvage.. That's a lot of pop NM trigs to carry as well.. with all his blm gear... and yes.. you can mule some of this but that's more of a hassel as you either need to trade it to someone and trade it to your mule.. or spend the extra 15$ or whatever for another account.. and ontop of that another system

But i agree this isnt something needed right away.. and the satchel should keep the rush off for most average income ppl
 Asura.Yotevol
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-10 10:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This increase in price was expected.
I am an economist and I knew those prices would spike, but eventually come back down.
You see, the Oxblood on my server is 14k-20k.
When you make Oxblood Orbs, you get 6 for every Oxblood you use.
So the price of Oxblood Orbs may increase a lot short-term, they will drop like a rock in long term.
My lined estimate is that of 5-10k per Oxblood Orb when prices settle from the spiked demand.

Same thing with Angelskin Orbs, you get 6 Orbs for every Angelskin (500k on my server).
So, the "non-inflated" price would be about 85k per Angelskin Orb,
but based on an increase in demand and subtracting the spike in demand,
we are looking at a lined estimate of ~95-100k per Angelskin Orb.

Don't purchase them now, it's a wasteful endevour.
~Yote
 Gilgamesh.Deathhaven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Deathhaven 2009-04-10 12:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I'm honestly cool with 60 slots. You only need only 1 LS I have a second account I have side by side and it has 70 spots so I always had 130 spots. All u really need is the token for 10 bucks and u x2 your gobbie bag If that is not enough u need to throw those crystals u have loafing in your inventory because if u can afford anything over 70 u don't need to be selling cystals
 Caitsith.Xine
Server: Caitsith
user: Xine
By Caitsith.Xine 2009-04-10 13:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone takes their job(s) seriously and want to be the best they can with it, being packed from gear and food alone isnt surprising, i have 5 jobs @ 75 and half my gear is all R/E from Dynamis, Nyzul Isle or from quests/missions like the Rapparee Harness etc, then to add on the fact that being main THF means carrying Shihei, Toolbags of Shihei, 2-4 different types of Bolts and Quivers, Racc/Acc/Haste/Evasion/DEX/AGI/Enmity+ gear just to try and maximize your damage output for doing weaponskills, and normal melee or Ranged Attacks, and for the occasional time you have to do the SATA weaponskill on a tank (though you almost never see that needed anymore now) but when your constantly packed with gear thats R/E you cant just send to mules or send off to your own Delivery Box your moghouse. No matter how much space you have in it, will get full, especially when you dont even have enough pieces of the sets, or even do have the whole set(s) that you can't store it, like with my Dynamis ls i have 4/5 THF and MNK relic, thats Inventory -8 whether i have both sets with me or not, but everytime someone who gives a damn about the job they are currently playing on, they will more than likely be full with just gear and the 1 or 2 linkshells they have on them, its not just the amount of space a person has on them, but also how stuffed their moghouses are that sometimes fills up their own personal inventory outside of that. I'd love to have the 10 more inventory spaces, but im not dumb enough to go out and farm for the next week just to make about 1.5m to afford these 2 new quests, personally I'll wait another few months until the prices drop to a reasonable amount, or go farm the materials myself, plus with the addition of the Satchels I may not need to go out RIGHT NOW and waste a million on just 10 spaces.

I'm not going to say some people are dumb or anything for throwing that much gil on these items for the upgrades, if you have the gil for it and you want it that bad to have it now, by all means go dump the gil on the items, but for those who dont always have a few million gil laying around I would suggest you just wait a few weeks or so until the richer players have their items and the demand for them dies down and the price lowers for you all, I know I'll be waiting to see the prices drop for myself, but until then I'll be out lving my 2nd account some more and farming those new scrolls on the side for some extra gil, 50~100k a scroll for those new En- II scrolls is pretty decent, even if they are Rare items, it wont last but another month or so. I know theres better ways to make gil, but on my server alot of the really good farming areas are almost always taken, but taking claim on a pot over a few mages was almost too easy yesterday.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-10 13:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

holy crap that is alot of words O.O

I am fine with 70 slots right now, I am in now rush for getting 80 slots when the satchel comes who cares I'll get 70 more slots to fit other stuff. So I will wait for a few months when the big black friday sale goes back to normal.
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-10 13:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, in a few months people are going to be feeling the pain of what they spent. But its ok they will find somone to blame for it. XD
 Gilgamesh.Heavensword
By Gilgamesh.Heavensword 2009-04-10 13:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I made an item set just to track the progress, out of curiosity...

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=73371
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-10 15:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Xine said:
If anyone takes their job(s) seriously and want to be the best they can with it, being packed from gear and food alone isnt surprising, i have 5 jobs @ 75 and half my gear is all R/E from Dynamis, Nyzul Isle or from quests/missions like the Rapparee Harness etc, then to add on the fact that being main THF means carrying Shihei, Toolbags of Shihei, 2-4 different types of Bolts and Quivers, Racc/Acc/Haste/Evasion/DEX/AGI/Enmity+ gear just to try and maximize your damage output for doing weaponskills, and normal melee or Ranged Attacks, and for the occasional time you have to do the SATA weaponskill on a tank (though you almost never see that needed anymore now) but when your constantly packed with gear thats R/E you cant just send to mules or send off to your own Delivery Box your moghouse. No matter how much space you have in it, will get full, especially when you dont even have enough pieces of the sets, or even do have the whole set(s) that you can't store it, like with my Dynamis ls i have 4/5 THF and MNK relic, thats Inventory -8 whether i have both sets with me or not, but everytime someone who gives a damn about the job they are currently playing on, they will more than likely be full with just gear and the 1 or 2 linkshells they have on them, its not just the amount of space a person has on them, but also how stuffed their moghouses are that sometimes fills up their own personal inventory outside of that. I'd love to have the 10 more inventory spaces, but im not dumb enough to go out and farm for the next week just to make about 1.5m to afford these 2 new quests, personally I'll wait another few months until the prices drop to a reasonable amount, or go farm the materials myself, plus with the addition of the Satchels I may not need to go out RIGHT NOW and waste a million on just 10 spaces.

I'm not going to say some people are dumb or anything for throwing that much gil on these items for the upgrades, if you have the gil for it and you want it that bad to have it now, by all means go dump the gil on the items, but for those who dont always have a few million gil laying around I would suggest you just wait a few weeks or so until the richer players have their items and the demand for them dies down and the price lowers for you all, I know I'll be waiting to see the prices drop for myself, but until then I'll be out lving my 2nd account some more and farming those new scrolls on the side for some extra gil, 50~100k a scroll for those new En- II scrolls is pretty decent, even if they are Rare items, it wont last but another month or so. I know theres better ways to make gil, but on my server alot of the really good farming areas are almost always taken, but taking claim on a pot over a few mages was almost too easy yesterday.

Damn...I must be a horrible player. I have 5 jobs at 75, I also have 24 pieces of relic gear of which only 1 is full set and storeable. And aside from my 75 jobs I'm working on lower lv jobs as well. I dont have inv problems.

Because -I bring what I need for the moment-

Altough, maybe I missunderstood you, but it kinda sounded that if you dont fill up all your inventory with gear and then some, you're just horrible at your job.

Zanno << Horrible?

QQ
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-04-10 15:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
User submitted image
It's over NINE THOUUUUSSSAAANNNDDDD.. gil...

this made me just LMAO
 Asura.Farmdog
user: Farmdog
By Asura.Farmdog 2009-04-10 15:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice for me to have the 10 extra slots since I've been makeing most of my gil lately by bazaaring soul plates overnight. That means I could sell 10 more plates while I sleep, but since I play 2 accounts that also means it would cost me 3mil to update both gobbiebags at this time. So from the additional 20k I would be making from the slots it would take me 150 seperate farm trips to equal what I paid to get 80 inventory. I think I'll hold off for now, since 70 is good enough, but of course eventually I will cough it up.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-10 16:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i just thought i'd throw this out there for all of you that think you'll be getting some more inventory to swap gear from when you get your mog satchel:

you cannot bazaar/macro swap/use items out of your satchel.

sorry to burst your bubbles. >.<

i was disappointed when i would not be able to sell 160 things at once on my mule :(