NM Claim Rights & Atma of the Apocalypse
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-06 10:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yogurt said:
We killed ruminator after some bst lost claim. Hochomasamune dropped and we gave it back to him. Depending on the situation and the other group isn't being *** you really should give trophy items back imo. But then theres situation like the other night some duo was trying to hold heqet while while fighting funeral apukulku while my group is trying to farm pops, heqet was yellow and we are not gonna wait for you so I engaged, stun > flash that ki is mine.

It must have gone unclaimed and idle then.

I've had Heqet "Stolen" a lot on Beastmaster, (I started welcoming the event), because, having been the first claimer, I would always get the key item when someone stole it during a pet swap or just it randomly going yellow because of stupid pet AI.

Nothing pissed people off more, than redprocing Heqet, killing it and then seeing [Doffed Poroggo Hat] [Thank You] in /say channel!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-06 10:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I will claim something if it's being zombie'ed poorly enough to regen (and reset procs etc). There was one time that we were fighting xibalba to get a new friend the abyssite and this jp nin/whm duo kept letting azdaja wander back to its spawn. After the third time it strolled back (we were struggling to get a pop item to drop), i just claimed and killed it. I was nice enough to give the horns to them because our ls ochain maker wasnt on, but I don't feel they were entitled to anything.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-07-06 10:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls usually lets a group wipe and recover 2-3 times depending on the people.

I've had a duo take a NM at 5% as I was putting shadows back up and went to reclaim after my blm died. I could have easily finished it up. :/
 Leviathan.Yogurt
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yogurt 2011-07-06 10:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I did get heqet ki.
 Odin.Eddx
user: Edd
By Odin.Eddx 2011-07-06 10:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify my original post, I was only talking about full wipes and then people zombing with Apoc, and that taking their white idle NM is not stealing.

I feel that it is stealing if there are still people alive fighting the NM and it goes white due to a disengage or by some other means. If a group gets charmed i feel that you should not steal or touh the NM if it goes white(CC).
[+]
 Odin.Dezaar
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-07-06 10:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has been posted a lot but whatever, its still a subject that comes up when people start down the Kannagi path LOL.

Yellow is Yellow !!!!!

BUT........................

My personal opinion/common courtesy is to let it drops its arm are start the reset. At that moment even if they are trying to get back up, its fair game. Not the second it goes yellow. That's my personal take. Agree or disagree, I refuse to be the jerks in the game. Sure I have my moments, but overall I just wanna enjoy the game and not be an *** to people trying to do the same.

And even if we claim/kill it, were gonna /t the people, "Hey, what did you need?" Most of the time they will forfeit all drops and ask for 1-2 of the helms (Using Briareus as a example)

Play how you wanna play but if you screw others, you will get screwed. Do whatever just try to think how you want to be treated... though most people don't have morals these days so whatever. You only can control yourself.

And yeah... Yellow is Yellow. Its why SE has Red and Yellow. Claimed, or not claimed.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-06 10:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Leviathan.Yogurt said:
We killed ruminator after some bst lost claim. Hochomasamune dropped and we gave it back to him. Depending on the situation and the other group isn't being *** you really should give trophy items back imo. But then theres situation like the other night some duo was trying to hold heqet while while fighting funeral apukulku while my group is trying to farm pops, heqet was yellow and we are not gonna wait for you so I engaged, stun > flash that ki is mine.

It must have gone unclaimed and idle then.

I've had Heqet "Stolen" a lot on Beastmaster, (I started welcoming the event), because, having been the first claimer, I would always get the key item when someone stole it during a pet swap or just it randomly going yellow because of stupid pet AI.

Nothing pissed people off more, than redprocing Heqet, killing it and then seeing [Doffed Poroggo Hat] [Thank You] in /say channel!

Hah, when my group was farming Ukon, a dood was trying to kill Tunga, but he died, so he kept RRing and voking it.
We claimed it, deaggro'd it, and claimed it again.
That must have pissed him off lol.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-07-06 10:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eddx said:
To clarify my original post, I was only talking about full wipes and then people zombing with Apoc, and that taking their white idle NM is not stealing.

I feel that it is stealing if there are still people alive fighting the NM and it goes white due to a disengage or by some other means. If a group gets charmed i feel that you should not steal or touh the NM if it goes white(CC).
Even in regards to CC charming, there's no reason your whm can't engage and run like a lunatic until uncharmed. It's part of the NM and you should adapt to said conditions. If you understand the game there is no reason an NM should go unclaimed(excluding what was said earlier about bst, but that seems to be more of an exception rather than a rule).
 Siren.Skywarp
Server: Siren
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-07-06 10:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

thes levles to this. now normally i fully agree. if thers a claim lost . leaveit be letthem get control back....

but if its a full wipe. and 1 guy is zombing it while the rest sit ther and watch forever no way.

and as of late i have noticed a new trend. devide and conqure. take in 18 people and slipt them among the nms and simply rotate non stop. so it doesnt matter its a fight to get any nm away from them. this doesnt happen alot. but ive witnessed it first hand. 3 times since the server mergers. when this happens. i dont feel bad for taking it. if your goignto have a army in the zone. and descide to camp every nm needed to get your poped nm. then to pop it while the rest are camping the otehrs and you wipe. its your own fault. im not waiting for you to hold it till others come and kill it for you.

but as i stated when i started. if its jsut a lose of control not a full wipe zombie fest. we leave it alone. i dont got time to watch you zombie it from 90% as a thf. sry. let me get it well kill it and offer u the drops.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 10:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd steal it under any circumstance.

I'm sweet like that.
 Sylph.Rebo
Server: Sylph
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2011-07-06 10:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I was just wondering what the AH community thinks about this – is it an acceptable way to kill the NM?

My personal rule is, if every person in a party/ally is dead or all are weak (because they have apoc to auto-rr over and over) I will take the NM. But I still like to see people have a fighting chance for a popset that they have worked to obtain.

On spawn nm's I really find it humorous when a group steals a monster that has turned yellow, but hasn't went idle toward the other group/person yet. They eventually get the mob proc red and kill it, yet the original person who claimed it in the other party receives the key item.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yogurt
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yogurt 2011-07-06 10:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with out apoc people would zombie Kirin or AV to keep it from despawning. But inside abyssea and it a single pop nm zombing takes too long, we will kill your nm and give you items, then pop ours while your still weakend.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-07-06 10:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally I wait until the entire party has wiped, but if I think they're a disgrace to their jobs/strategy in general, I'll take NMs that go unclaimed.

For instance, a party of 6 pops Resheph just as I'm running up to the ???. I'm thinking, "Oh whatever, they outpopped me but there are 6 of them, WAR popper. This will be a quick fight!" Nope. They take off running towards Bluffalo (where I assume the alliance was waiting) with it. The popper dies en route (doesn't really get very far), because he doesn't appear to have movement speed, PDT gear, or any support from the other 5 people running with him. It goes white, and while the people around him figure out what to do with a big scary NM like Resheph, I claim it. Ensuing hate tells, whatever, fail less on multiple levels next time guys.

Ix'Aern Monk vs. >12 Mage/NINs at level 75. They guess the right side and pull it successfully (no adds), but somehow manage to wipe to it because apparently they all forgot how to run away. Now that ***is just stupid. Claim and kill with a friend.

Something minor like an easy 1-KI/item pop NM that people feel compelled to pull to their main alliance (and fail at) and waste my time? Sure, I'll take it.

Something like Orthrus or Glavoid? They'd have to give up or all get weakened (and some do) before I'd take them.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-07-06 10:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If it goes white and all are dead. Why not, I have shared before with no thank you.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-06 11:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If i see a group doing CC in mis, I get on blu as fast as possible and ready my breath/charged whisker gear.
 Ifrit.Herc
Server: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-07-06 11:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

im just confused with the OPs comment "briareus/failnagis" when almace is the exact same procedure...that makes almace fail too right, or that lolmasamune the OP has too right? Cuz carabosse and CC so hard!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2011-07-06 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ill normally give a group 2mins to recover or if it starts walking to where it would despawn i'll take it, or if its a group i have beef with i'll take it if it goes yellow at all.
 Phoenix.Arhat
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-07-06 11:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose it could vary with NM but my and my linkshell's policy as far as level 80 Empyrean NMs is if you die to level 80 content at level 90, you don't deserve an Empyrean. I rather like that policy, I got 4 free helms this week, and we got 4 free Carabosse the other day while selling 50 Gems to some JP. The leader of one of the Carabosse groups that gave us a free pop has m.acc+MP Great Sword +2. His Great Sword deserves to take as long as possible.

When you try to talk trash like this though and wipe to Briareus, you really have some courage to send me a tell asking for your helms.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-06 11:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Always tell my LS we only take NMs if the other group is obviously wiping. We end up doing it sometimes but usually the other group is in pretty bad shape.

If someone from my LS knows someone from the other LS we'll just help them kill and let them get drops, we've done this for a few groups we didn't know as well who were struggling pretty hard. We've watched a ton of NMs go yellow briefly and let them recover.

Any circumstance that we would steal it, if the tables were turned we would be so embarrassed that we would not be mad. Usually this is the how the other groups act too they understand that they were messing up bad.

Sometimes though you still get people who are angry.

The other day a group of french were all wiping to Ironclad Triturator pretty bad. Then a THF decides they will pop a brew while double weak. They sat there unloading AE on the giant 3x hitting it for 0 every time so my LS mate tells them to use EV in /say. They switch to EV and start getting it down, they got it down to about 10% and then the brew wore and they died. All of their players were weak and they just kept dying over and over they were struggling hard so I told my guys it's time to take it next time it goes yellow since it kept doing it. We take it and kill it and they were really upset yelling at us in french even though we told them we didn't understand.

They said in /sh {Fun} {Hole} 1% {Thief}

We had a pretty good laugh. This was even after we offered the Iron Plate that dropped to them but apparently they only wanted KI (which they wouldn't have got anyway)
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-07-06 11:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My group usually sends a tell to one of the group members and see if they need help first. if they don't reply or don't get up for being dead in a fair amount of time, we just claim and finish it off and usually invite the other group in to lot their stuff.
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-07-06 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing zone boss in Misa for new members(me, whm, blm, and a few others). Get charmed tanking as mnk at 2%, NM takes off after whm, blm starts casting blizz5, NM goes white, blm in another party cast blizz5 on our NM and apoc procs, kills NM, blm says "if it's white it's all right." No big deal, as it's an easy pop set to get, however I am very suprised at how desperate ppl are today. My rule for LS is if it is going to depop claim it. Asside from that concentrate on what our LS is doing. Zombie on multi pop NM is w/e, however it is annoying on single pop NMs.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-06 12:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny to read the opinions of the people who say things like "I will steal no matter what yellow is yellow!" that is just not the pulse I've felt from the community in game for the past 6-7 years of off and on playing across 3 servers.

Even on the forums it seems like most people are pretty chill and respectful and I find more often than not a majority of the people in game are too except for a few bad apples. All I can say to the ones who have an attitude of "it happened to me so I do it to others" is that hate breeds more hate.. at the end of the day it's just a game and it's just pixels, people might think they come off as a bad *** with that attitude but in my opinion it doesn't fit in the FFXI community it comes off as pathetic and desperate.

If this were a different game or different communities I could totally see it as acceptable, I know I am much more of an *** and super competitive in a FPS type environment but to me it comes with the territory and fits in with the community there. Maybe things were much different for the HNM glory days I admit I wasn't apart of that so my opinion could be skewed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-06 12:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Trelan said:
Doing zone boss in Misa for new members(me, whm, blm, and a few others). Get charmed tanking as mnk at 2%, NM takes off after whm, blm starts casting blizz5, NM goes white, blm in another party cast blizz5 on our NM and apoc procs, kills NM, blm says "if it's white it's all right." No big deal, as it's an easy pop set to get, however I am very suprised at how desperate ppl are today. My rule for LS is if it is going to depop claim it. Asside from that concentrate on what our LS is doing. Zombie on multi pop NM is w/e, however it is annoying on single pop NMs.

If you weren't taking forever (read: more than 5-6 minutes per nm), then that is complete assholery.
edit: why the *** would a BLM use Apoc in the first place? O.o
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-07-06 12:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I once stole a Rani because the WHM who popped died, but then gave it back because I looked like an ***.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2011-07-06 12:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

TURUL

How many times you fought it with a bunch of people waiting like vultures for you to wipe? Or how many times YOU waited for a party to wipe to claim it? lol

When Turul does that knockback move it usually goes unclaimed and that's when the Stuns/Flash/Provoke happens lol I hate Turul.

Edit:
Oh, and even though I think it's wrong to claim NMs, Turul is under my "perfectly acceptable NM to steal" list. Cause if you die, someone else is gonna take it.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-07-06 12:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone wipes to an NM and I claim it I usually offer to team up with them so they can still get the drops off the pop they farmed(if its a pop NM)

If they cuss me out for stealing then screw em. But I never take a mob if it goes yellow randomly through no fault of theirs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-06 12:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only a game, people should get less mad about losing an NM.

It's only pixels after all.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-06 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
It's only a game, people should get less mad about losing an NM.

It's only pixels after all.

That's a shallow way of looking at it. Regardless of where it happens, it's still our time that was wasted.
[+]