Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-02 17:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

Okay once again xml help if possible for my THF

THF

How can I get spelclast to work so when fishing it equips my range Jinx Discus, and as u see I ahve my Tahtlum when engage mobs and attack

But when trying to add in Jinx on <range>....</range> it says you don't have any appripriate weapon equipped., so if anyone can help me add in this to my current THF XMl I would appriciate it alot. helps when a fisherman

Thank you!

Edit. I also have a marksmenshipbow called Darkwing +1, and using bloody boltd and Acid bolts, how can I get that equipped aswell if spelclast can do that so not have to do it manuel?
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-02 18:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Your TP will reset when you change... I think from the tathlum to the discuss but not visa-versa. Just a heads up. (Might be from discuss to tathlum, but whatever)

I know of a few ways you could do it, but definitely not the most efficient ways. If you still want to do it and don't get a response I'll give my input.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-02 18:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
Your TP will reset when you change... I think from the tathlum to the discuss but not visa-versa. Just a heads up. (Might be from discuss to tathlum, but whatever) I know of a few ways you could do it, but definitely not the most efficient ways. If you still want to do it and don't get a response I'll give my input.

So if I'm understanding correctly, you are saying it can be done but not worth it, because I loose TP one or the other way.

And yea, understand that and it would be bad. But if not able to do it, how should I so use it?, add in my Q Tathlum manuel each time I will engage a mob?, and keep having my maccro ingame with the
/equip range "name of weapon"?
/ra <t>

Thanks
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-02 18:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In the situation that you are actually pulling frequently, it would just be better to stick with your ranged weapon instead of losing your TP from the previous mob. Although to be honest, I can't think of a situation where you would be pulling, or would need to bring the mob to everyone else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-03 02:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
In the situation that you are actually pulling frequently, it would just be better to stick with your ranged weapon instead of losing your TP from the previous mob. Although to be honest, I can't think of a situation where you would be pulling, or would need to bring the mob to everyone else.

Hi Aeronis,

Well this is most for ABy partys really, but huge thanks for the reply :)
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-03 03:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

As a thief, I'd recommend you just fulltime your ranged piece (dual wield bonus, 3%).

If you want to switch weapons, I'd recommend bringing something in when idling. So like, you'll switch to your tathlum when "engaged" and then switch to your discus when "idling". Probably the most useful and easiest way to show you this is through my bard spellcast - I switch my instruments manually (previously I did it in my spellcast but I found it easier to do it in the macro itself). Although, I make sure that my engaged/standard set always brings in my haste instrument.

In my spellcast, "engaged" is "standard" and I just switch out the specific pieces when idling. Rules and sets that have to do with what I'm talking about are bolded.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-03 14:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said:
As a thief, I'd recommend you just fulltime your ranged piece (dual wield bonus, 3%). If you want to switch weapons, I'd recommend bringing something in when idling. So like, you'll switch to your tathlum when "engaged" and then switch to your discus when "idling". Probably the most useful and easiest way to show you this is through my bard spellcast - I switch my instruments manually (previously I did it in my spellcast but I found it easier to do it in the macro itself). Although, I make sure that my engaged/standard set always brings in my haste instrument. In my spellcast, "engaged" is "standard" and I just switch out the specific pieces when idling. Rules and sets that have to do with what I'm talking about are bolded.

Cool thanks alot wanna try both vrsions to see if this really fit me aswell, because when fisherman in aby I don't fight much, so not worry about loosing tp on swap!

But all great guys, thanks for reply my questions.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-07-03 14:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have to set a cast time for ranged attacks to make sure it doesn't swap it out too fast?

Also, As others have said, I would recommend you fulltime your ranged as well.

Go get Ungur Boomerang to pull abby with if you are just pulling. The evasion is nice
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-09 01:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for all of the kind posts regarding my range attack questions.

I have yet a 3 requests to ask of you, if anyone should have some free time and help me update my THF XML with following. CHR Gear set for /dnc sub & a gear set for when using Aeolian Edge sense it apparently using both DEX,INT upon WS. And last request is for /cansel plugin on sneak/invis when sub nin or dnc.
And yes I'm very new to THF, lot to learn, so advices are welcome ^^ Thank you

I go alot solo, so when I do I go /DNC sub like everyone else and I use 1 dagger and a shield. But I noticed when I do Curing Waltz 3, it is verlow compare to what i see other player around me have done as sub DNC. I guess my avarge Curing Waltz range is 324 to max 365 what I atleast have seen so far.

So I was thinking sense DNC is about CHR when it comes to certain tings, 1 such as Curing Waltz, I wanted to add in a few pieces of CHR gear when curing myself or others in hope that it can increese my curings in general.

So I was wondering if anyone could be able and add in a gear set for when sub /dnc on following things, so I can add my own CHR gear in the set ^^

Request 1: Gear set for when DNC sub

Animated Flourish (Provoke)
Desperate Flourish (Weighs Down)
Violent Flourish (Stun)
Reverse Flourish (Convert TP)
Drain Samba I/II
Haste Samba
Aspir Samba
Quickstep
Box Step
Stutter Step
Curing Waltz I/II/III- Singel target
Divine Waltz (Curaga)
Healing Waltz (Erase)

Request 2: Gear set for when using Aeolian Edge specific

If I'm correct this WS is based on magic, and uses things like MAB gear correct? And along side with equipping MAB gear, should I then mix in some STR, DEX, AGI?

Request 3: Cansel plugin for Sneak/invis when sub nin or dnc

Tessy's THF XML Can be found HERE

Thank you!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-09 02:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<set name="hate">
</set>
<set name="waltz">
</set>
<set name="acc">
</set>
<set name="MACC">
</set>
<set name="AE">
</set>

Those are the sets you'll need for DNC specific JAs,

Code
<if spell="*step">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="acc" />
</if>
<if spell="Animated Flourish">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="hate" />
</if>
<if spell="Violent Florish|desperate flourish">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="MACC" />
</if>
<if spell="*waltz*" notspell="Healing Waltz">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="waltz" />
</if>
<if spell="Aeolian Edge">
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="AE" />
</if>

Those are the rules for equipping the gear.

This is a decent AE set I whipped together, doubt it's close to the best, but it's all fairly easy to obtain.

[+]
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-09 02:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Aeronis,

And thank you, but are there any chanse you could possible help me add it in my posted XML, I tryed so manytimes even with small tings, seesm to screw it up everytime :) So if possible I would appriciate it alot thanks!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-09 02:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't remember the syntax for canceling right now or I'd post that for you too ._. It's on almost all of my XMLs, but I'm on my iPad right now and the computer is so far away D: and it's dark!
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-09 02:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats for sets,

That's for your rules.
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-09 06:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

Cool thank you so much will try this out ^^
 Fenrir.Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-07-09 13:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again Aeronis for the help, works like a charm :)