Forum » FFXI » General » POL token and account problem maybe, help :D
POL token and account problem maybe, help :D
 Seraph.Zabini
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: zabini
By Seraph.Zabini 2009-04-09 12:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, well where do i begin. Many moons ago when i began playing ffxi i started on EU game, with EU POL etc that came with the game. I'm terrible for forgetting where things are and for losing CD's so recently i bought that DVD with all the shizz on it, Never had any problems until now. The POL i have currently is NA but my account is EU, and i want to buy my token thingy but it wont let me log into the purchasing bit without EU POL.. any suggestions? I dont have my orginal POL cd ; ; Can i just install EU POL over the top of it, the vista version you can download, or do i need to actually buy another EU POL CD, or can i never get a token? I'm a dork i know :) help!

EDIT: Wooooodum help me :3 i give kewkies to helpers
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-09 13:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea. I hope you get it fixed.

Your avatar is super cute, though. :3
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-09 13:06:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

My only suggestion aside from calling the POL information center to see what they can do for you is to install Daemon Tools which in essence is a emulated cd/dvd/blu-ray drive that reads ISOs as if you had the disc in your PC. After that all you have to do is find someone who is hosting the EU version of POL in iso form, download that and load it via Daemon Tools and you can install it from there.

Either way it's gonna take abit of work, so it's either sit on hold for half an hour or do it the technical way >.>

Last post for awhile, gotta run to work! See you all later.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-04-09 13:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I sort off had the same problem as you. I live in the EU, but I started my character on an imported US PS2, with US FFXI on it.
Later, I got a new computer, and decided I wanted to play FFXI on that. So, I borrowed the EU FFXI cd-roms from my g/f, and I was able to play FFXI on my PC.
Of course, I could never get into my account details (because you can't if your using a different region POL), but this was never really an issue.

It did became an issue with this last update and expansion tho. My old US PS2 is in a box somewhere, so I downloaded the US POL from the US FFXI website.
I couldn't get it to work without uninstalling my EU POL tho, so I decided to spend a day and do the following:

* I downloaded an US version of FFXI, besides the US POL I got from the official website.
* I uninstalled my EU POL and FFXI
* I installed the US POL and FFXI

Now, this took about 8 hours, including the time for FFXI to update to the current version, but since I did it last night, before and during the Version Update, I didn't mind it.

Now, it works perfectly. I can play FFXI, edit my account details, order expansions online (which I did), order the security token (which I did as well), and log in with my linked SE account.

I really suggest you do the same, but replace your US POL and FFXI with an EU one.

You can download a Vista compatible EU Playonline viewer here, from the EU POL website.
I'm pretty sure this is compatible with all other Window versions as well,but I'm not sure.

As for an EU version of FFXI, I suggest downloading it from some bittorent site or something (being aware of virusses, of course).
It will take a few hours to do, but once you did, your life will be a little easier.

Disclaimer:
Normally, I wouldn't download games illegally, but since I already bought a US (PS2) FFXI, and I pay monthly fees, it doesn't feel illegal to download it somehow.
 Seraph.Zabini
By Seraph.Zabini 2009-04-09 15:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your help, i will try some of those things =) finger's crossed~
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-09 15:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck!
 Seraph.Zabini
By Seraph.Zabini 2009-04-09 18:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

it worked, thank you. I installed the vista EU POL and it worked fine, thanks. =) 5 hours update, wasnt too bad