Where Do You Farm Key Items In Tahrongi?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Where do you farm key items in Tahrongi?
Where do you farm key items in Tahrongi?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-26 13:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering what mobs people generally farm to get key items for NMs in the zone, such as Chloris and Glavoid, would be cool to know which mobs can give amber lights and not ruby lights.

Thanks for any tips :)
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-06-26 14:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

bhumis give enhanced amber if you search them out

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea_Lights
 Bismarck.Axilla
Server: Bismarck
user: Axilla
By Bismarck.Axilla 2011-06-26 14:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea_Lights

Ephemeral Clionid - Gives a lot of Azure [up to 128]
Bhumi - Gives a lot of Amber [up to 128]

Other than that, using fell cleave on coeurls, mandys, or scorps, works good. Mandys don't aggro or link, but there is a LOT of them.

Edit: I'm slow :(
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-06-26 14:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah done this a few times on the Levi in coast helpin a friend with c2 KIs works really well.... When they don't 2hr lol
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-26 14:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i tried getting amber on coeurls, mandies and hecteyes but got no lights at all, where are Bhumis?

Btw i am aware about lights, i have worked with lights many times, just would like to know what mobs are best to build amber on and where to find them please.
By anjisnu 2011-06-26 14:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i always cap amber on turtles then head to the bats and whisker them if that helps you
[+]
By Wenuden 2011-06-26 14:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

turtles/sandworms. Turtles are around flux 6, sandworms are west of that.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-26 14:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks! Ill try some of that now :)
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-26 14:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped amber on sandworms, pearl on kitties, Azure on clouds, then farmed chests on bats. Farmed 6 hrs there the other day and got a full Glavoid/Chloris pop and a couple sexy Demon rings.
By anjisnu 2011-06-26 14:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah those demon rings are pretty beast
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-06-26 14:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For Chloris pops we did a lot of turtle amber but we also used tier1 vnm's to cap amber. Amber in tahrongi is a PIA compared to other abyssea zones.

For quick kills we used the skulls. They cast magic but are so squishy.
 Bismarck.Axilla
user: Axilla
By Bismarck.Axilla 2011-06-26 14:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhumi is usually found
-around 6, sometimes in the turtles/gnats.
-in the mandys/bats
-in the scorps/hecteyes/paths towards wyrms

Having someone that isnt going to be getting kill-shots [whm, leechers] come /rng is a big help to find him.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2011-06-26 15:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhumi can be found all over the pathways at the beginning of the zone too.

Typically when we did Tahrongi we would have, to start, a MNK and a BLM.

I would build amber on Bhumi while the BLM ran around one-shotting stuff for azure.

Once I capped amber, I'd head to mandragoras and work on pearl as well as to assist the BLM with opening chests.

Once he capped azure, he would put up Stoneskin, Ice Spikes & Phalanx then run around casting Stonega and Aeroga on groups of Pachymodiums, gathering about 20-30 of them. BLM would then group them together and cast Firaja - which usually killed a bunch of them. He'd finish the rest off with either Aeroja or Firaga III or something.

Of course, we usually had a few more... a WAR & WHM dual box... would help with amber, and also take turns with the BLM on pulling/cleaving...

Also had a guy with THF come out with his WHM dual box - for TH and holding KIs... and a bunch of others who would come out at times to help speed up killing, hold KIs and leech XP/cruor.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-06-26 15:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If all you want are KI's, it's much faster just to farm the NMs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-26 17:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i just tried to do one of these and it was a disaster...

Its extremely hard to find people who want to just farm KI and cruor in Tahrongi, and when you do all they want is EXP anyway, all the level 90s want to share key item boxes so it makes it really difficult.

I will just farm the NMs... doing this in Tahrongi is just not easy compared to other zones, unless you have the right linkshell or group of friends behind you, which i sadly... do not.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-26 17:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just farmed the Nms myself, made 3 pop sets in ~2 hours. It sucks no matter which way you cut it, just gotta keep plugging away.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-26 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

how did you farm them youself? You go after Chloris?

That is what im after because im working on Redemption, i dont want to be just another caladbolg drk.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-26 17:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No I meant that is what I chose to do instead of cleave. There were three of us that farm the KI and capped lights otw through each NM. Did WAR + THF + WHM and farmed KI + killed chloris. I also bought pop sets off people for 300k.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-26 17:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

oh thats cool, well i know someone who is WAR or WHM, so if i can find a 3rd i should be alright.

What kind of atmas did you use for that? I know there are some atmas i am missing, do i need any HP atmas?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-26 17:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No, DD atma all the way. Make sure to bring two stacks of holy waters for Chloris per DD. Keep whm 20' away and thats all there is to it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-26 17:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thats cool, so Chloris is pushover? I got THF with RR/VV/Apoc and capped evasion and haste, so i assume that ill be fine tanking that?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-26 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, although i'd probably use something else over vv.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-06-27 09:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

GH might be better than VV, I think? That's what I always use for THF, RR GH apoc
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-06-27 09:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Oh thats cool, so Chloris is pushover? I got THF with RR/VV/Apoc and capped evasion and haste, so i assume that ill be fine tanking that?

Only thing that makes Chloris "hard" is the AoE Doom/Scream(terror) Combo-_-; While finishing my vere I can not begin to tell you how annoying it is to get Doomed *THEN* Terror'd before I can use a holy water.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-27 10:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Yea i just tried to do one of these and it was a disaster...

Its extremely hard to find people who want to just farm KI and cruor in Tahrongi, and when you do all they want is EXP anyway, all the level 90s want to share key item boxes so it makes it really difficult.

I will just farm the NMs... doing this in Tahrongi is just not easy compared to other zones, unless you have the right linkshell or group of friends behind you, which i sadly... do not.

Lvl blu whisker cleave and rely on nobody imho.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [223 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-02-04 23:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been doing this Tahrongi grind for a while now. I try hard to get linkshell members together for this and we cap Azure, Pearl and Amber then just kill bats over and over for KIs.
However sometimes this can be a little slow, due to the fact that key items can be random and not drop the ones we need, specially the hecteyes one. I'm 12/50 on buds so far, I can brew three Chloris in one go, but when I did i only got 3 buds out of it ; ;

Whenever we fight Chloris normally, we have a BLM for yellow proc and 2 buds drop a lot more often, but its a bit slower and more dangerous, because of AOE Doom.
My father is working on Glavoid too for his Ukon, but it seems like we are progressing slowly, if we can't find anyone to help then we just go in for 2 hours and try our best to get lights and some key items. He is levelling BLM now so we can do BLM + THF combo and farm as long as we like.

We would do the NMs, but we can't always guarantee a WAR will be online to help us out, my father has WAR but often he needs to come on WHM for glavoid pops.
Are fighting NMs really that much quicker then farming the key items from boxes? Sometimes we do Chukwa just to finish off a set, maybe even the Scorp NM, but it seems farming the Hecteyes NM is just such a waste of time compared to finding them in chests.. so I'm not sure.

Any tips on speeding things up would be great. Cheers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-05 01:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You prob don't need to cap azure if you are going after chests. ~120 or so should be fine. If your kill speed is high enough, TE should be often enough. But killing the NM's would prob be faster if you have no competition for the time spawns.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2012-02-05 01:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Are fighting NMs really that much quicker then farming the key items from boxes? Sometimes we do Chukwa just to finish off a set, maybe even the Scorp NM, but it seems farming the Hecteyes NM is just such a waste of time compared to finding them in chests.. so I'm not sure.

Any tips on speeding things up would be great. Cheers.

Can depend. In general, I would say that it depends on how many characters you have present that can hold KIs. Spending time to build lights, then killing hoping for a select few KIs doesn't make a lot of sense (assuming that completing sets of them is your primary goal).

Farming a items may seem like a waste, but chances are it takes you the same or less time than even building lights would, and then you could easily go an hour or more without seeing the particular KI you need.

Also, as anyone who has farmed Konschtat for augmented items can tell you, the best way to get KIs is to not be hunting KIs...

Otherwise, yellow proc doesn't affect weapon items, so fussing over a BLM for that isn't necessary. If you're having issues with Chloris, set up to kill it faster. The longer you draw things out, the more chances it has to random up bad TP moves.
A BLU can keep it stun locked fairly well too, if you aren't worrying about proc'ing it.

When my LS was doing Tahrongi, we just basically zerged Chloris, and had better luck with buds dropping than shells from Glavoid (not just one or two runs either, over the course of farming two Ukon's worth of shells). YMMV, of course.