THF Aeolion Edge Shinryu Brew Setup?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF Aeolion Edge Shinryu Brew setup?
THF Aeolion Edge Shinryu Brew setup?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 16:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just recently got my Shinryu clear, along with atma, Twlight scythe and belt, and the lovely price reduction to the brew :)
So i am looking for a THF setup to brew Shinryu for more Twilight gear, what kind of gear should i be looking to get?

From research i see that using DEX, INT and Magic Atk Bonus gears is the best way to boost the WS, along with Atmas like Gales/SmitingBlow/Apoc, although i have seen many other combinations i think that is the best i have at the moment.

I have Magic Atk Bonus gears like Aquiline belt and Moldavite earring, would the Uggalepih Pendant be any good? Also i read somewhere that some THF like to use /BLM to increase the Magic Atk Bonus, any tips would be cool so i can begin working on a good setup for this :) Thanks.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-21 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You are going to waste a lot of your time doing this without blue proc... You could go in during piercing and keep dying until you get dagger proc message and then brew it using evis, but that much weaker than AE. You should get the job done though, it isn't really about killing it fast since you get 3m for one fight and no chance to use the brew for anything else.
 Ramuh.Zidan
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zidan 2011-06-21 16:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Just recently got my Shinryu clear, along with atma, Twlight scythe and belt, and the lovely price reduction to the brew :)
So i am looking for a THF setup to brew Shinryu for more Twilight gear, what kind of gear should i be looking to get?

From research i see that using DEX, INT and Magic Atk Bonus gears is the best way to boost the WS, along with Atmas like Gales/SmitingBlow/Apoc, although i have seen many other combinations i think that is the best i have at the moment.

I have Magic Atk Bonus gears like Aquiline belt and Moldavite earring, would the Uggalepih Pendant be any good? Also i read somewhere that some THF like to use /BLM to increase the Magic Atk Bonus, any tips would be cool so i can begin working on a good setup for this :) Thanks.

Uggi pendant wont be good because you will never have low enough mp for latent when brewing (50/tic refresh).
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-21 16:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've brewed Shinryu on naked THF with Aeolian Edge and no Atmas many times with ease.

As long as you watch when he absorbs damage and whatnot you should be fine.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-21 16:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

this is my setup on dnc. thf should be pretty similar. if using brew swap the uggy for artemis' medal. ASA pants have mab +4 on them.

[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-21 16:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc will not do anything for AE damage. For best results use Gales/Smiting blow/Ultimate(or other MAB atma). DEX/INT will do nothing while you have a brew on. The only gear you can use to boost damage with a brew on is Elemental Belt/Gorget or MAB pieces like novio/hecate's/moldy or TP bonus/WS damage gear. Subbing blm(or any other job with a MAB trait) will increase your damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 16:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very aware of Blue Procs :) I have a real close WAR friend who can do most of the blue procs, or i could just find a MNK, this aint just a matter of making sure i win, but i would like to take off as much damage as i can with each Aeolion Edge.

Why? Because it is fun :)
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-06-21 16:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gales/Smiting/RR or Dread(or whatever really, I like RR so I can do exactly what Draylo said and Dread for obvious reasons.)

I go in naked except for dagger, hands, and feet and I sub blm so I can warp when i'm done. You could sub rng for a few extra procs I suppose.

Shin dies in about 3 AE's and if you use Evis just don't be stupid when WS'ing and you will win.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 16:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear that using Martial Knife would be beneficial?

So i could use /BLM, get some MAB atmas, along with the tp bonus and it should be good, and with any slots without MAB just fill that up with haste and dex?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 16:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i dont have Ultimate.. i lead a limbus ls a few years ago and we got it down to 2% and wiped lol, really cannot be bothered to go through Temenos again just for that, any other good MAB atmas?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-21 16:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

beyond

*edit* if you're using brew you wont need anymore dex. just add as much mab as you can, get a martial knife, and mab atma.
By Aerison 2011-06-21 16:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Yea i dont have Ultimate.. i lead a limbus ls a few years ago and we got it down to 2% and wiped lol, really cannot be bothered to go through Temenos again just for that, any other good MAB atmas?

MAB atmas are not needed at all and don't do much for you when you brew as you have capped/insanely high MAB.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-21 16:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

MAB atmas are not needed at all and don't do much for you when you brew as you have capped/insanely high MAB.

when you're brewing you'll probably have everything BUT mab capped. also i noticed that my set needs to be updated with chimera hairpin.
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-21 16:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The first form of 100% tp bonus increases damage by 25%, the next tp bonus increases it by 14% on top of the first one. Nothing's going to help you as much as martial knife + smiting blow. Seems like you have the right idea, but don't overlook that ftp value :).

I think any MAB atma is your next best choice, so baying moon or beyond.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 16:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh people have differing opinions here lol, some say MAB atmas add to damage, some say they dont matter??
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-06-21 16:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I keep hearing people say that MAB doesn't matter during brew... Please explain this in detail because it just doesn't make sense.
By Aerison 2011-06-21 16:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Aerison said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

when you're brewing you'll probably have everything BUT mab capped. also i noticed that my set needs to be updated with chimera hairpin.

MAB has diminishing returns so it would benefit you much more to use; RR atma for zombeing (sp?) or Dread for an extra TH level.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-21 16:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Oh people have differing opinions here lol, some say MAB atmas add to damage, some say they dont matter??

you have insane mab because of your high int, and because your int is so high you'll never be able to cap mab.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-21 16:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Aerison said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

MAB has diminishing returns so it would benefit you much more to use; RR atma for zombeing (sp?) or Dread for an extra TH level.

ugh... zombie brew wut?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 16:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Transcendency effects

Strength: 999
Dexterity: 999
Agility: 999
Vitality: 999
Intelligence: 999
Mind: 999
Charisma: 999
Attack: 999
Defense: 999
Regen +300/tic
Refresh +300/tic
Regain +50/tic
Maximum Hit Points: 9999
Maximum Magic Points: 9999
Damage Taken -90%

Wiki says: Effect does not seem to apply to evasion, or magic evasion (except that granted by other stats, such as MND and AGI), monsters will still hit you. Many people use evasion or damage absorption atma (such as Atma of Cloak and Dagger or Atma of Aquatic Ardor) if they plan to use this item.

Should Note. Magic Attack Bonus still greatly effects your Magical Damage under Brew effect. As Brews give you a 90% DT, as well as 9999 HP and 300hp/tic Regen. There is no need to Evade anything. Better off focusing on Raw Damage for your Weaponskills and putting on Atmas that enhance the primary Element you'll be using (Gales for Aeolian Edge, Beyond for Primal Rend/Etc)
By Aerison 2011-06-21 17:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Aerison said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Aerison said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

ugh... zombie brew wut?

read Draylo's post
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 17:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The Zombie approach makes sense, seen as every time it becomes unclaimed it will change the blue proc, the fight is 30 minutes anyway, and you only need 2-3 mins to actually kill it
 Odin.Dezaar
Server: Odin
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-06-21 17:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No gear will matter with brew on EXCEPT MAB+.

Uggi pendant will give you nothing.

As far as Atmas, use ultimate, baying moon, gales or beyond.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 17:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the good thing about THF, you can Aura Steal the Regain effect when it does Mighty Guard, to give you even more TP build
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-06-21 17:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ah sorry didn't see where you guys were talking about getting blue proc.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-21 17:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB does not do as much as Affinity bonus/TP bonus, but it does increase the damage. If you can't get any more affinity or TP bonus (unless your ws damage is not modded by tp) MAB is the next best thing to get. I've been told before that a brew grants +900 MAB, but I've never been given a solid source for this.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-21 17:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it not make sense to go as THF/RDM, you get the same MAB (+24 from level 40) as well the ability to Haste yourself? Why would people use /BLM over /RDM?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-21 17:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dezaar said:
No gear will matter with brew on EXCEPT MAB+.

Uggi pendant will give you nothing.

As far as Atmas, use ultimate, baying moon, gales or beyond.
TP bonus, WS damage+, and fTP modifiers also help (and probably more than MAB helps). Smiting blow will beat an MAB atma on any WS that has damage based on TP.
By Aerison 2011-06-21 17:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Would it not make sense to go as THF/RDM, you get the same MAB (+24 from level 40) as well the ability to Haste yourself? Why would people use /BLM over /RDM?

warp

edit cant haste /rdm
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-21 17:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Haste wont do much for you because 95%+ of your damage will come from your 50/tick regain -> WS. BLM also gives you warp, for what it's worth. Either way, /rdm works just as well.
First Page 2