Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » SID Thoughts
SID Thoughts
By Blazed1979 2011-06-20 04:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Disclaimer: Is it possible to replicate one of the most beneficial aspects of Ochain; rate spell interruptions through shield blocks?
In short, No. Not possible. If this was the case, I would not be spending my time upgrading my own Ochain.

However, is there a superior build currently available, but not widely used or known, that will enhance a PLD's ability to cure when in desperate need of it?
I think there is. and it might look a little something like this;

Augments on dark rings - Spell Interrupt down 4% each (best I have seen)
Augment on Adaman Barb. Cure Potency +5%, spell interrupt down 4%, regen+3 (my own adaman barb.)

The little testing I have done results:
Seems to be more effective than stacking shield skill. But again, the tests I have done have been on Monitors. Not really the kind of thing you would bring a PLD.

Waste of time? Perhaps it is now. But if SE ever releases the availability of 35% more spell interrupt down, this might become popular and worthwhile.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-06-20 04:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe SE will toss PLDs Aquaveil like they gave them Phalanx.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-06-20 08:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

probably would be better off using a fast cast set and timing cures. Unless you are using both, then I supose its interesting to see spell interupt vs shield skill. and I would say if SE releases 45% since the mageblade shouldn't be considered an option.

Obligatory the mob wont interupt you cause you wont be tanking, bandwagon pld sucks comment.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-20 08:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said:
probably would be better off using a fast cast set and timing cures. Unless you are using both, then I supose its interesting to see spell interupt vs shield skill. and I would say if SE releases 45% since the mageblade shouldn't be considered an option.

Obligatory the mob wont interupt you cause you wont be tanking, bandwagon pld sucks comment.
Solo use~
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-06-20 08:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not been following pld closely for obvious reasons but, with the increase in shield skill with the level caps has the max block rate for a kite or tower shield increased since 75?
By Blazed1979 2011-06-21 18:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

no.
 Ragnarok.Raizell
Server: Ragnarok
user: Exoda
By Ragnarok.Raizell 2011-06-21 20:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Adaman head with cure potency, Hospital earring or whatever its called, and Oneiros earring, there you go 15% cure (onself)..use with Ochain and ditch all the spell interrupt equips
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-21 20:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raizell said:
Adaman head with cure potency, Hospital earring or whatever its called, and Oneiros earring, there you go 15% cure (onself)..use with Ochain and ditch all the spell interrupt equips
Has absolutely nothing to do with the set's use...
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-06-21 20:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking more about this, raising shield block rate seems like it would be more helpful than SID for 1 main reason. Blocks are going to reduce dmg taken. Assuming we are in some situation where there is no time to wait for timing swings and you just need to cast and pray it gets off it seems like dmg reduction would play a part.

Going to browse around and see how much skill is actually needed to increase block rate so I can do a little math.
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2011-06-21 21:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me reading it wrong? Impatiens: Spell Interuption rate -10%(MINUS 10%). I've seen it put up a lot as an option for sets like this.

I might be wrong, but it honestly reads as though it has a negative effect on Spell Interuption.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-21 22:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corvinus said:
Is it just me reading it wrong? Impatiens: Spell Interuption rate -10%(MINUS 10%). I've seen it put up a lot as an option for sets like this.

I might be wrong, but it honestly reads as though it has a negative effect on Spell Interuption.
Minus 10, as in the rate of spells being interrupted by the mob has been lowered 10%. Spell interuption rate down -10% would have a negative effect, but that isn't the case.
 Ragnarok.Corvinus
user: Xiong
By Ragnarok.Corvinus 2011-06-21 22:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong here, I hope I'm wrong in thinking that it would have a negative effect. In that case I would want one too.

Its just strange that this is the only piece of gear that I can find that has Spell Interruption Rate -%, instead of Spell Interruption down %. Also it having a negative effect would not be far off imo, as gaining quickcasting is a boost.

Has anyone done any sort of testing on this? Personally not even sure where/how to start testing something like spell interruption rates. Although I haven't checked if parsers read this kind of thing.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-21 22:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds similar to the Haste+3 conflict on Shantotto pants lol. Down and - are the exact same context of meaning, just worded differently.