Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer Dagger Maffs
Dancer Dagger Maffs
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 03:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

(This is a lil bit of a derail I know) Am I going crazy or did Sira just change her char name all the sudden? I could SWEAR it was Yunalesca.... Am i going crazy? lol
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-06-20 19:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 19:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

stop messin with my head!!! lol Seriously, I thought I was going INSANE for a minute there the other night lol
 Valefor.Sylvr
Server: Valefor
user: Sylvr
By Valefor.Sylvr 2011-06-20 19:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So how do you find a weapon's rank? I couldn't find the info on Wiki, and my google search didn't go much better.

Edit: NVM Found it. Floor(Base Damage/9)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 20:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

what does the rank's effect have on dmg?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-20 20:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It affects how much of an FSTR bonus you can get
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 20:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

oh oh ok... which explains why war/sam/drk get such high numbers I suppose... But what about Rng? Their guns + bullets is huge...oh well thats another topic, and I won't derail this one sorry :P (Reason I was on here to begin with, was because I am 77 dnc, and doing research to improve so I can solo a ton of content hehe)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-20 20:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, may as well answer while you're here, for ranged weapons, only the weapon, not the ammo, is counted for calculating weapon rank, aka gun gets ganked.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-06-20 20:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

one of the many reasons why i dont like using guns on rng.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-20 20:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SE really shafts rng on certain things lol... Ranged crit attacks suck royally lol...and the weapon rank thing really does kill them, as the delay is huge with bullets... good thing i dont main rng then i guess lol
By mercure 2011-06-22 09:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

quick question :

when you only have a whm for haste, is the atma combo RR/GH/Omnipotent + max DW equipment (nusku/auric/AF3 body+2/etc) worth a shot or better stick to GH/RR/Apoc ?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-06-22 20:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

mercure said:
quick question :

when you only have a whm for haste, is the atma combo RR/GH/Omnipotent + max DW equipment (nusku/auric/AF3 body+2/etc) worth a shot or better stick to GH/RR/Apoc ?
ah yes this was my typical riff raff with byrth, GH/RR/Apoc is better (though im just partial to extra dual wield + RR/GH/Omni) the difference isnt THAT large, the 15% double attack does outweigh the extra dmg on the ws, granted the extra benefit from dual wield speed, the triple attack DOES over take it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-22 20:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

GH/RR/Apoc, unless you ride saber dance, then drop apoc for sanguine scythe. Going with dual wield would be better, it doesn't reach delay cap unless you're getting marches as well. Although, 7% haste belt would beat out Nusku's most likely, and Auric can be replaced with a Kila +2 easily.
By mercure 2011-06-23 03:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Although, 7% haste belt would beat out Nusku's most likely, and Auric can be replaced with a Kila +2 easily.

I do have Twilight Belt, Kila+2, etc

It's just that belt is useless if I use GH/RR/Omnipotent since it adds 10% haste (towards gear haste cap), and I can drop belt and hands (Twilight/Ocelot) to equip more DW (Nusku/Auric).

With that setup it's possible to reach almost haste cap with just Haste spell.

That's why I was wondering if it would compare to Apoc or SS setups, without BRD songs.