Forum » FFXI » General » Running a Sky & Dyna LS.. HALP! ; ;
Running a Sky & Dyna LS.. HALP! ; ;
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-07 16:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Only problem with that is the extra time to split the coins after each run. Have a few ppl lot eall coins 100's and Wootz ores and then sell them durring the course of the month. Split the gil @ the end of the month. It takes about 5M/month to fully fund dynamis. A decent dynamis shell can make triple+ than that. I belive our dynamis shell normally makes 20M+ a month if we don't do tons of Dreamland runs.

You can fully fund your dynamis LS and still make good gil to give to your members. Just make sure to take the operation costs out of each months bank before payouts.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 16:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nooo, let the normal coins and gil drops auto-drop. Over time, it will add up to about equal to everyone, and you don't have to worry about selling like a million singles. Just take the items worth 100k or more and sell those.
 Hades.Darkrift
user: darkrift
By Hades.Darkrift 2009-04-07 16:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what grinds my gears.

Sky linkshells grind my gears. With all that farming, and fighting over pops. That really grinds my gears.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-07 16:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I hear ya Darkrift. >.> I got my kitty pants in like 3 weeks and got the heck out! Didn't even stay to get the Osode or Shura Body. >.>
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-07 16:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
I completely forgot about payouts XD

Personally, I didn't intend on payouts, would they add more incentive to come along over straight-up chances at 100s?

Great hearing about the different systems people use, etc.

Monthly payouts with no cost to the members is a great way to get new members. We have been doing it for years and our normaly payouts I have seen go any where between 400K-1M depending on how many members and how well you do.

I use the same system in sky. We sell many of our items from gods and give monthly payouts. It stops the select few that has tons of points saved to from hoarding gil items because that don't need/want to spend points on gear. It has worked out very good for us.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-07 17:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... But do you do 'monthly' payouts with just an average of each? Or do you figure out the value from each run, then divide by the # of players, then have that amount of gil for that run and add it to the other amounts from the other 7 runs (provided they were at all runs that month)...? Seems like a huge pain in the *** to me. We did a similar method with selling money drops from guards in sky. @.@
 Hades.Darkrift
user: darkrift
By Hades.Darkrift 2009-04-07 17:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

what shell is that dizzmal? im on hades and would love to get a payout of 400k-1M
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-07 17:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The runs are counted for each person and counted up to a total point value. The bank is divided by that total number. Each point would give a certain point/gil value. Then gil would be awarded to the amount of runs the member attends. The process isn't hard. Might take 1-2 hour
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-07 17:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

http://aristocratsls.com
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-07 17:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
One of my friends came up with the genius idea of "You should start your own Sky/Dyna LS.."

Just looking for some idea of what sort of workload it'd be from some people that've already been leader of one (or currently are leader of one >.>)

I have a fairly good knowledge of City Dyna's, I've done Snow, so it would only take a bit of reading up about to get up to scratch with that IMO. Never done a COP Dynamis, which I know puts me at a pretty big disadvantage as a "leader". (This is actually my biggest worry >.>)

I've done 99% of Sky, with the exception of Kirin.

Generally speaking I don't have much of a problem making a fair set of rules that don't usually disadvantage people.

At the moment, I'm not seriously considering it, I'm just thinking about it until I have an idea of what sort of work I need to do.

If you don't have money, SKY is a great way to start a LS bank for Dyna.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-07 17:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa To each their own I suppose.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-08 04:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, thanks to everyone for your replies! They've been really helpful ^^

Secondly, I'm thinking about using a "Silent Bid" system for snow lotting, assuming you can at least USE the AF, you'll be able to bid anywhere from 5-However many points you have. Lotting will go in priority from Highest -> Lowest bids.

Anyone have any experience with bidding systems for lot priorities?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-08 09:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
Frobeus said:
WTF 40 members ??
And LOLOLOL at the 2nd one, so perfect.

Yes, 40 members.
People don't start doing "low-man" Dynamis.
In starting a Dynamis Shell, it is very difficult to pick and choose the jobs you want.
For that reason, most shells go entirely DD heavy, with some BLMs to nuke statues.
In the beginning 40 members will seem like not enough.
Mainly, because people WILL make a lot of mistakes and die.
Having 40 ensures you have maximum back-ups.
After all, it's not called "die-in-a-mess" without a reason...

~Yote

If 40 people seems like not enough people then you are doing it so far beyond wrong its not even funny. Aim for ~24~ or so. Thats enough people to handle anything in dynamis. 40 people is asking for so much trouble.
Trying to heard around that many people would be a massive headache not to mention the fact that you are thinning out drops and increasing the % of drama by a massive amount. With 40 people thats 39 chances for each person to have an issue with someone else.

You should only need 1 tank pt, 2 DD pt, 1 blm pt to do everything outside of DL, and even thats doable with the right people.

A good leader will make sure that mistakes are held to a minimum and adding unneeded numbers will only cause the mistakes to go up.

It's only Die-in-mass if your an idiot or if your puller sucks + your sleepers suck or if you have winner rdm's who won't silence scorps.
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-08 10:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
A good leader will make sure that mistakes are held to a minimum and adding unneeded numbers will only cause the mistakes to go up.

This statement sometimes frustrates me.
A good leader will accept responsability, anyone can tell you that you cant make everyone do everything you want.
Regardless of the leader, mistakes will happen.
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

We are not defined by the things we can't control, but by what we can control.
And we can control ourselves and our reactions.

If a leader is calm, collected and has a plan, his LS will be the same.
If a leader is stressed, shouts and punishes more than praises, his LS wil burn out and leave quickly.

This makes being a leader doubly harsh, because they have to be able to inspire people to succeed, without the fear of punishments if they fail.
At the end of the day, the people will say, "We did this by ourselves".
And the leader will smile, and let them believe he had no part in it.

~Yote
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-08 13:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Proposed Dyna LS rules

Any suggestions?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-08 14:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks good to me. But I'm not a fan of 'spending points' to lot things. All of my LS's AF lots are based on main/sub/priority.

Did you forget about the 'small' drops? W00tz, lancewood, slime oil, etc?

I'd imagine those are free-drop or free-lot? I like free-drop just b/c I don't want to see 20 people all spamming lot on a gold beastcoin.

Mabrook... Your spelling and grammar fail.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-08 14:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew there was something I forgot to put in XD

All little drops, like Wootz, will free-drop.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-08 14:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I consider w00tz a big drop. >.> 200k =/= little imo. But I is poor lately too. lol

Edit:
Lumiere's Rules
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-08 14:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant "little" in the same sense you said "small" XD

Rules updated a bit.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-04-09 05:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
One of my friends came up with the genius idea of "You should start your own Sky/Dyna LS.."

Just looking for some idea of what sort of workload it'd be from some people that've already been leader of one (or currently are leader of one >.>)

I have a fairly good knowledge of City Dyna's, I've done Snow, so it would only take a bit of reading up about to get up to scratch with that IMO. Never done a COP Dynamis, which I know puts me at a pretty big disadvantage as a "leader". (This is actually my biggest worry >.>)

I've done 99% of Sky, with the exception of Kirin.

Generally speaking I don't have much of a problem making a fair set of rules that don't usually disadvantage people.

At the moment, I'm not seriously considering it, I'm just thinking about it until I have an idea of what sort of work I need to do.

tp burn kirin, kiting it just takes too much time.
as for cop dynamis it isnt that hard, but might want to do that at a later date.

Xarcabard is real easy if you do it right just need 5blm and a couple whm brd rdm and DD

blms can ga the 2nd time rng solo first time
blms ga all eyes on nm walls and ga the final time

on eye walls just kite 2 nms while u kill the other and tp burn DL if you have the numbers.

if you want to build a good ls you want good officers who you can trust and good rules, people will always join a shell if they like the way drops are handled in it.

and don't be afraid to kick people who suck it benefits in long run even if you go through periods with low numbers.