users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Buying new tokens
Buying new tokens
 Garuda.Cloudsephy
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Cloudsephy 2009-04-07 07:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW did anyone notice that if you don't wear the battery down within 3 months, you have to purchase a new token? lol

http://account.square-enix.com/manual/en/about.html:

Q. How long does the security token's battery last?

A. Because the battery's life depends solely on how frequently the token is used, we cannot give a specific length of time, but please remember to purchase a new security token soon after the battery begins running low

Q. My security token's screen is displaying the message "bAtt 09." What is this?

A. This message is displayed when your battery is running low.
It will depend on your security token's lifespan, but please purchase a new security token if you see this message.
Please do not try to replace the battery in your token. All the data will be erased and you will be unable to use it anymore

etc etc....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-04-07 07:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if there's a problem with your Security Token (beside battery problem) they will replace it if it happened in the 7 days after shipping. They also say that you should receive it within 14 days. Does that mean if it arrive after 8 days and it doesn't work you are screwed? ^^;
 Bahamut.Kormix
Server: Bahamut
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-04-07 07:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Elcfire said:
When then time comes and mine runs out of power I'm just going to unlink it from my account rather than buy a new one. ;/

I'd imagine that's what most people will do.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-07 07:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When battery will run dry; this game will be dead tho... We're talking about 6 digit that will be displayed couple of minutes a week, unless you log on/off every 5 minutes.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-07 07:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To ensure you, thats a not lighted 6 Digit low energy Display....

This will last you at least 2 years+ if you dont push it 10+ times per day.(The Roll-Algorythm in the back to create the PW shouldnt use up any energy at all, probably less then a clock uses)

The reason for those Q and A is for broken batteries when manufactured... you get that everywhere when you buy non rechargable stuff in the internet~

Greetz Magis ('-')/
 Garuda.Cloudsephy
By Garuda.Cloudsephy 2009-04-07 07:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we just pray and hope that we don't get a broken one that dies in 3.5 months lol
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-07 07:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just unlink it then if youre buying it for the snatchel only. If its for the security reasons youll most likely have to get a new one ><