Stray Mary - TH Help Or What?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stray Mary - TH help or what?
Stray Mary - TH help or what?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-06 14:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

1/1 O Kote, 1/2 Sarutobi Kyahan, 1/1 Empress Hairpin, 1/1 Bounding Boots, 1/2 Vali's Bow, 1/3 Retaliators...1/13 Soboro Sukehiro, 1/16 Swift Belt.

75 THF for all of the above, sans the last two. I can't attribute it all to the TH. I usually have good luck.

I hate you....

1/35 O Kote, 0/18 Sarutobi Kyahan...

but, 1/1 Empress, 1/3 Bounding, 1/2 Swift, and 1/8 Retaliators
 Hades.Kenster
Server: Hades
user: Kenster
By Hades.Kenster 2009-04-06 14:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude. I'm 0/57 with Stray Mary. Forget her. I made enough money farming Sheep Skins with Wind Crystals and selling that stuff than getting her item.

I am also 0/157 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent. I cannot get a drop for the life of me.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-06 15:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Avenged said:
Tavlov said:
I got mary's drop first time i killed her, no TH. like 0/6 since. SE said something about TH not helping on rare/ex items, so keep that in mind.

The drop isnt ra/ex lol. Mary's Horn

lol, thats true, that comment was more for Castle Oztroja drops.
 Bahamut.Avenged
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-04-06 16:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

oh haha. was like ">.>" but yeah imma try and bring a thf with me... i cant jus forget about an NM after spending pretty much the whole weekend on her and not getting drop. I have to go 1/? :D
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-04-06 16:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Avenged said:
oh haha. was like ">.>" but yeah imma try and bring a thf with me... i cant jus forget about an NM after spending pretty much the whole weekend on her and not getting drop. I have to go 1/? :D

gl :P I hope it's 1/8
 Bahamut.Avenged
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-04-06 17:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks man. Me too :D and thanks to everyone that put helpful info into this thread.
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-04-06 18:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay 0/17 on Stray Mary (I hate that ***), 3/15 emp, 1/24 O Kote 2/7 Kyahan, 2/3 on Argus before update 1/5 since update, 2/7 on Leech king, 0/1 Simurgh, LL 4/13, JEJ 1/6, Steelfleece 1/2, bloodtear 0/3, Eastern Shadow 1/7, Western 1/2, Dune Widow 0/6.

I kill a lot of NM's and keep my stats about drop rates for the most part. Argus I had back to back drops and shat my pants, made me rich when charm was selling for 20 mil, and then I quit and gave it all away /cry,
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-04-07 20:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Charley said:
There's two place holders for Stray Mary. One by the hill East of the Craig and one directly south from there. So it's possible to kill two within minutes apart from each other. I've also seen 2 Mary Horns dropped from one Stray Mary. Good luck hunting.

PS. LL have two place holders, too.

That is total horseshit lol, for a start Mary's Horn is rare so you can only hold one therefore it would never drop two! Secondly I know about this NM better than most and can tell you it does not drop 2 horns ever lol. I think TH has a big effect on this drop, I've camped this religously for a few weeks and im 16/50 with TH2, if you know what you are doing its not a bad NM to camp. On top of that you can take materials to synth leather from PH skins and farm seeds between pops. I think I have been seriously lucky on Mary though, I had horn after horn on AH and actually caused them to drop in price for a bit, had 3 in 5 sales at one point lol, check my AH history lol. I have camped Dune Widow (~9%) without TH and it has a simlar drop rate to Marys horn (~12%) and im 2/24 on that.

imo TH helps alot :3
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-07 20:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because an item is Rare doesn't mean it can't drop two. Porphyrion drops 6 Delkfutt keys and they're all Rare. I've had two Utsusemi: Ni scrolls load from one Orb and they're Rare.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-04-07 22:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Just because an item is Rare doesn't mean it can't drop two. Porphyrion drops 6 Delkfutt keys and they're all Rare. I've had two Utsusemi: Ni scrolls load from one Orb and they're Rare.

yeah.... yeah!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-04-08 04:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Porphyrion is a multidrop and stated as dropping 6 keys on wiki and its 100% because its required in missions 3-3 and supposed to be killed by a PT (also they are rare/ex), and Utsusemi: Ni can be dropped from 2 different treasure pools which is not the same. I have never heard of Mary dropping 2 horns before, it makes as much sense as having the VE drop 2 emperor pins back when it was a rare drop, or LL dropping 2 pairs of boots, can you think of any NM that drops 2 rare items of the same type (not counting bcnm's because they are treasure pools). Out of 50 claims and 16 drops of the horn I've never seen this happen and nobody else has either. I'm not saying its not possible, just extremely unlikely to be possible lol.
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-04-08 05:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Never heard before Stray Mary dropping Horn x2
Pics or didn't happen

:D