Help Please With Ls Rules....

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Help please with ls rules....
Help please with ls rules....
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Aakura
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-04-03 10:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, I would like some input on the rules we have posted for our linkshell. This is my first post here so please bear with me. We are a Social Ls, with families/kids/couples etc.....
The rules we have are as follow:
Linkshell Members

Respect everyone in the linkshell and all problems that occur should be discussed outside of the shell with an authoritve figure to resolve the matter. Do not attempt to disrupt the ls by trying to resolve the issue in front of the entire ls. Any attempt to do so can and will be deal with immediately by any Leader or Officer.
All members are subject to participate in at least one linkshell event once a month(Attendance will be taken). Please be courteous and contact the leader or officers asap if you cannot make it to an event after signing up for one.
All members of the shell are required to sign up for the website to participate in events.
Absolutely no MPK, involvement in RMT or third-party software.

Third-party software that doesn't effect the game play of others is acceptable (Windower, parsers).
Follow instructions given by the leader/sackholders.
Do some research before requesting help.

Some things you may find that you are able to do easily solo.
Knowing what you need to do will make it easier for the person helping you.

Sackholders

All of the above rules still apply.
Do not break any members pearl without first consulting it with the leader.

There may be a case where a member is exhibiting disruptive behaviour over the linkshell, or to another member. Under these circumstances, the members pearl may be temporarily broken.
Be sure to notify the member of the reasons their pearl is being broken, and inform the leader of these reasons asap.
You are representing our linkshell, so give it a good name.
You are to act as a role model for other members, if you are breaking rules they will too.

The problem I seemed to be having lately is, there are a few in the group who don't think rules are necessary and the ls should be left alone as is. I have had to banned members, because of very crude graphic sexual comments, (I mean "Hustler" Magazine crude), Banned members for not listening and continually breaking ls rules, and even banned one male member for excessive stalking. ; ;

Any helpful comments would be welcome to help modify our rules. Sorry about the long post but I am at my wits end trying to make everyone happy. I've been called everything from Prude, to Queen of the S***. Believe me we aren't prudes, but we do watch the language during the afternoons when the kids are on...This becoming more frequent lately, but I do not want to have to break the linkshell. ; ; So any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-04-03 11:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you will never make everyone happy.

You want alot of the childish things to stop? Make an age requiremnt. you will find 18+ age requirement will make a very big difference in your shell.

Only question I have is with your rule:
"Do not break any members pearl with out first consulting it with the leader." There may be times when the leader is not on the game. If you do not trust your sacks to make proper judgements in order to break members pearl if they see fit, They should not be sacks.( my own opinion.)
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-03 11:04:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

My linkshell doesn't have rules, We help our as much as possible and such, we're a BRO linkshell, Not sure how much I can help with rules and such besides Don't be a douche and such but those rules seem fair enough.

My LS are all bros, no hate no rules all love

*** yea RAGE

Ninja edit:
That whole temp breaking a LS pearl thing might be abit too far, If they are that much of a problem get rid of them in the first place.

Also, as the guy above me said, if you have to question your sackholders, they shouldnt be sacks
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-04-03 11:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a strongly written rules setup for a social shell is kind of "...". Not to mention an attendance requirement.

I don't know what kind of shell you're trying to create exactly, but if you're too stringent in setting up the rules and pushing conformity, your shell will lose its chance at a relaxed atmosphere. A tense atmosphere is the number one reason for people to switch to a different linkshell.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-03 11:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll, what's the general vibe in your LS? Reason I ask is, in my social we're pretty rough. We say some pretty nasty ***in there. 2 girls 1 cup kinda ***. Yeah. At any rate, if the bulk of your LS is down with that, but you and like one other person don't agree with it, as leader, you can throw a fit and tell people they can't do that ***, but majority rules in a social LS. I mean, if you boot everyone soon you won't have an LS so that's obviously a limited option.

I'm not saying that people should be allowed to be abusive or nasty to other LS members, but just saying dirty ***shouldn't be grounds for kicking someone from a shell. In my experience, there's always someone who will find something offensive...no matter what it is.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-03 11:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Having rules definately kills social linkshells. If you're shell does events aswell, they should be option. Not everyone wants to be in a social shell and have to do events. I had a linkshell like that, the leader started trying to make people help out on things they didnt need. Guess what happened? 14 people left.

(Option for children. If people dont like children reading bad words, theres a option so you cant see them. They need to familiarize themselves with it.)
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-03 11:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Try not to start a dictatorship. Just let people have fun. limit you sack holders. Vote on things if u want. Dont force people to do LS events or else. Im married with 2 kids and im 34 yrs old. I dont get to be on at times to do LS events on a regular basis. I wish I could but i dont want to be punished bythat. Most problems can be discussed and solved pretty easy.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 11:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Aakura said:
I have had to banned members, because of very crude graphic sexual comments, (I mean "Hustler" Magazine crude)

Yeah, Hustler is pretty bad.. I can see why you kicked him.

Playboy, now theres some H.Q. Reading material right there.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-03 11:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make sure these people are warned of crude behavior first. Then if they proceed with there actions, you can release them like a turd!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Aravol said:
Just make sure these people are warned of crude behavior first. Then if they proceed with there actions, you can release them like a turd!

Such language! Turd.. You potty mouth.

Heh. See what I did there. ;p
 Sylph.Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-04-03 11:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your reply. As far as the age requirement goes, we started out as a linkshell that accomodates families with kids, people who wanted a place to chill, etc... the problem was the some of the adults who joined, was informed of the rules and that kids were in the ls. I don't think discussing what kind of date rape drugs to use, or how to have sex (graphically worded) belonged in ls chat. I really didn't think having to write a rule for using common sense should have to be used, but of course the bi***ing would begin when I have to remind certain members that those were not appropriate subjects to be discuss at anytime in the ls. My problem weren't the kids who played, but the adults who didn't care about rules. Like I said, most of the adults in this ls including parents would cuss and joke around but when the kids are on, then that would scale down until the kids leave. Just because we're moms and dads doesn't mean we don't enjoy joking around ^.~
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-03 11:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention. Get used to people leaving. In my social the running joke is that for every couple people we add we lose somebody to the abyss. At first I used to feel kinda like they were giving us the finger...but now I realize it's just natural, like real life; people make new friends, old friends drift apart, etc. If you see an old LS member running around that hasn't worn your pearl in weeks or months, just wave and smile. Don't make a big thing about it. You never know, maybe they'll show up in ls chat again someday, it's happened to us a few times now ^^
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 11:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didnt stop after you asking, then yeah, I can understand why you'd kick, and rightfully so, imo.

'Sides, its your shell anyway, make it as you see fit. You dont need a reason to kick someone, just do it if you dont like what they're doing! :D
 Sylph.Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-04-03 11:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My goodness, you guys reply faster then I can type. I stand corrected on the mandatory attendance on ls events. I will removed that rule this min. I don't make the rules myself, the ls is involved in making the rules, I just post them. I really try to let the ls be very involved in all the decision making. ^^
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 11:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Aakura said:
My goodness, you guys reply faster then I can type.

What can we say?

We're good with our hands...:p
 Sylph.Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-04-03 11:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL Jiko! XD
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-03 11:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Aakura said:

What can we say?

Banned from LS
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-04-03 11:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to decide how big you want your LS to be, too. If you want to have a tightly knit LS with close friendships and a set of rules that work for everyone, you're probably looking at a group of 15-20 people maximum.

I ran a social for quite a while, and the people who became the "core" of the linkshell are all still friends in RL, even though many of them don't play anymore.

We had rules similar to yours, and I never hesitated to either ask someone to leave or kick them from the shell if they just were messing up the chemistry of the group. It's your shell, so you make it what you want it. We were a tough love group, and I insisted on a few things that made sure that we had people who were self-sufficient in as much as is reasonable.

We did have a temp-kick policy, which we referred to as a "Cool Down Boot" where someone would get kicked for 48 hours with an explanation of why, and after that, they had to decide if they wanted to ask to rejoin the LS. Most never came back, some came back and got kicked for good, and a few ended up becoming part of the "core" group.

One of the most fervently loyal members of the LS had been kicked in the past and wandered without a shell for probably 2-4 weeks before he asked to come back.

I didn't tolerate crying and whining, and I didn't tolerate leeches. I didn't foster an atmosphere that welcomed those things either, so those people usually just left on their own accord. It wasn't what I wanted in my shell, so I didn't put up with it. For someone to expect everyone to drop everything they are doing to help out with a mission at the drop of a hat, then to cry about how we're all selfish, etc. just didn't fly.

I'd love it when a new person joined the shell, and the first thing they'd do, before even saying hi or getting to know anyone, is ask for help with promies or something. I usually would just sit back and enjoy the show as my sacks unloaded on them about how disrespectful that is to just walk in the door and look for help, not knowing anyone, and that if the really want help, go look for it and let us know when they are at 4/6 or something.

Part of what made the group so tight was that we all came up poor and worked hard for what we had; learned how to research, recruit, and organize.

In the end, the written rules didn't really matter for the main people in the shell, because they had internalized what attitudes and values those rules represented. What the rules did do was help to let new people to the shell know what we were like and what was acceptable and expected of them.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 11:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Jiko said:
Aakura said:

What can we say?

Banned from LS

Awh peas... D:
 Fenrir.Omnitank
Server: Fenrir
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 12:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thursdays are Nudie Magazine Day!!
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 12:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, im totally signing up!
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 12:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

where do i sign up?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-03 12:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Dude, im totally signing up!

User submitted image
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 12:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I joined a social shell that had rules. The Ldr would talk in caps so she could be heard, and events were mandatory. They had a LS bank and everything.

I would show up, not do anything and talk ***because the ldr was a moron with stupid rules.

Weird thing is they never booted me, and I was trying to get booted.
 Sylph.Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-04-03 12:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Omnitank said:
I joined a social shell that had rules. The Ldr would talk in caps so she could be heard, and events were mandatory. They had a LS bank and everything.

I would show up, not do anything and talk ***because the ldr was a moron with stupid rules.

I'm Moron leader then. I do talk in caps only to get everyones attention when there's announcement to make. /cry......
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 12:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not for announcements, ALWAYS SPOKE IN CAPS.
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 12:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

omg my dyna LS leader would always talk in caps and spam everything i hated it
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 12:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Omnitank said:

Weird thing is they never booted me, and I was trying to get booted.

I did that before too.

Intentionally trying to get kicked from a shell, It took me having to come between the leader and her girlfriend for it to happen.

Her "girlfriend" at the time kicked me within a week. Needless to say, they're not together anymore though. I know, im an ***, but I did it for teh lulz.
 Sylph.Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-04-03 12:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again for all the replies, this a very cool site to find advice and information. You all have been funny and great to talk to.^.^
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 12:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:

Intentionally trying to get kicked from a shell, It took me having to come between the leader and her girlfriend for it to happen.

Do I smell a sexy pixel 3-some?
First Page 2 3