First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Leet
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: beno
By Lakshmi.Leet 2009-04-02 09:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why hasn't SE made a instant Reraise II

I would send 2k IS or conq. points for that.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-02 09:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15211
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2009-04-02 09:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty much instant... http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=4173
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-02 09:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIah : Where 30 seconds delay + ~10 seconds use time means instant.

Hi-Reraiser would be cool if they weren't [Rare].
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-02 09:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

seeing an instant reraiseII scroll for rank 5+ would be cool or something. and a warpII scroll! :o carry one around for your friends.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-02 09:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:

Because instant scrolls don't have a use timer either.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-02 10:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Antipika said:

Because instant scrolls don't have a use timer either.

And what about the 30 seconds delay ?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-02 10:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not too many situations where if you had the time to use a scroll you wouldn't have the time to wait on the pin. If your getting beat on and don't have RR up, not likely your going to get the scroll off anyway.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-04-02 10:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes this would be cool, that way Reraise Hairpin and Gorget prices tank. As a bonecrafter I personally wouldn't like this idea very much. :<
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-02 10:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yea rr2 from cp would be really cool, i got plenty cp to blow
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-02 10:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Not too many situations where if you had the time to use a scroll you wouldn't have the time to wait on the pin. If your getting beat on and don't have RR up, not likely your going to get the scroll off anyway.

Well if you see your party wiping you can use a scroll right away, while waiting 30sec+use time might be tight :x
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-02 10:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bungie said:
yea rr2 from cp would be really cool, i got plenty cp to blow

im calling the police
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-04-02 10:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kocco's Earring is from a Windurst Waters (S) quest.

Too bad it only has 5 charges. :<
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-02 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The main time I use RR would be in Dynamis...which in any shell can get that one rediculous link every few runs. Since I'm usually PLD, I don't always have time to check my buffs besides things given by JA (I spam menus, hate macros). I don't always notice when RR wears. But I damn sure do check it when I see "huge link inc". And well...times like that I would rather just pop an instant than wait the 30 seconds plus the period after where you're a useless DD for 15 seconds.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-02 10:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bungie said:
i got plenty cp

User submitted image
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-02 11:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking the difference of 600 exp. I personally don't mind eating R1s=/ I guess people who refuse to get a buffer are the ones making the argument here. It would be nice yes, but R1 is fine.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-02 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to break it down for argument sake, if you can solo 8k/hr on BLM at puddings (just throwing out a number) the time it takes to recover your lost exp is:
Homepoint: 2400 (18 mins)
Raise 1: 1200 (9 mins)
Raise 2: 600 (4.5 mins)
Raise 3: 240 (1.8 min)

If you join one of those 25k/hr merit parties on Greater Colibri:
Homepoint: 2400 (5.7 mins)
Raise 1: 1200 (2.8 mins)
Raise 2: 600 (1.4 mins)
Raise 3: 240 (.57 min)

People who complain about exp loss or demand R3s are lazy and do not get my pity. If you cannot take a few minutes out of your time to get a buffer for a death or two then you deserve to delevel in my opinion. Personally, I keep max exp 43,999 on all my 75s and never switch to merit mode.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-02 12:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a job able to join these party yeah, otherwise you're *** :d If you take a THF for example, die in Salvage at least twice (like sackpull in ZR (floor 5/6) or SSR (if you skip floor 3, + sackpull floor 4)), that's -2400exp/day for Salvage alone. Sometime additional deaths occurs, only talking for a single event here :x

THF doesn't get these 25K/hr quickly :] No pudding also, no decent soloing. Also scroll are neat for Salvage because most of the time THF cannot equip head piece (or earring), so can only take a single Hi-Reraiser.
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-02 12:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
THF doesn't get these 25K/hr quickly :] No pudding also, no decent soloing.

Campaign yo~
Better than nothing
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-02 12:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oric said:
Campaign yo~
Better than nothing

Yeah off course, still slow and annoying, some players have plenty conquest point they can use tho, why not give them RR2 scroll ?
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-02 12:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Oric said:
Campaign yo~
Better than nothing

Yeah off course, still slow and annoying, some players have plenty conquest point they can use tho, why not give them RR2 scroll ?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think RR2 scroll would be kinda nifty. I was just speaking as far as EXP goes.

Actually it would be nice if it was obtainable with Allied Notes also, then you could get buffer EXP while working towards some RR2 scrolls at the same time~
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-02 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I very much so agree that people too lazy on ANY, ANY job to get buffer deserve to delevel. And if it is in an event, you will take an R1. Anyone who cries should be promply bitched at and action should be taken if it's a regular occurance. But that's just me. Campaign and merit parties have made it super easy to make buffer with a little bit of time and effort.

Digressing from the point, another factor is some people do not HAVE the time to merit or campaign. While this can pose a problem, it is a self issue and should not be carried into the group. This issue will be dead and buried come April 8th when Raise MP cost is demoted.

But will bring about a new QQ. "Why does he get an R3 and I get an R2?" Just pointing that out now. The point of this arguement from the get-go was more than likely posing the question of why can we NOT have the choice of having an instant R2 as opposed to an R1? If we run the risk of dying, I don't see why we can't have the option of being self sufficiant enough to spend our time (CP) as opposed to gil for a reraise if we have the option.

Demanding a certain raise in an event is stupid and annoys everyone. Yes. But someone will always do it. It would be nice to tell that someone "Go get a RRII scroll next time, slow. - -" xD
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-02 12:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Demanding a certain raise in an event is stupid and annoys everyone. Yes. But someone will always do it. It would be nice to tell that someone "Go get a RRII scroll next time, slow. - -" xD

Or, you know, just tell them they'll get what you're giving them and to STFU. If they ain't happy with it, they can HP. It ain't a democracy; my MP, my time, my decision.

It'd be nice if RRII scrolls existed, but I think the general player base still wouldn't buy them. Easier to *** at a mage then take the 2 seconds to pick up a scroll.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-02 12:43:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Or, you know, just tell them they'll get what you're giving them and to STFU. If they ain't happy with it, they can HP. It ain't a democracy; my MP, my time, my decision.

Don't forget "Not my problem."
 Cerberus.Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-02 12:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
I very much so agree that people too lazy on ANY, ANY job to get buffer deserve to delevel. And if it is in an event, you will take an R1. Anyone who cries should be promply bitched at and action should be taken if it's a regular occurance. But that's just me. Campaign and merit parties have made it super easy to make buffer with a little bit of time and effort.

Digressing from the point, another factor is some people do not HAVE the time to merit or campaign. While this can pose a problem, it is a self issue and should not be carried into the group. This issue will be dead and buried come April 8th when Raise MP cost is demoted.

But will bring about a new QQ. "Why does he get an R3 and I get an R2?" Just pointing that out now. The point of this arguement from the get-go was more than likely posing the question of why can we NOT have the choice of having an instant R2 as opposed to an R1? If we run the risk of dying, I don't see why we can't have the option of being self sufficiant enough to spend our time (CP) as opposed to gil for a reraise if we have the option.

I agree, I never enter a Dynamis etc. w/o a reraise item (wether it be I or II) And I would never "Demand" a certain raise, I take what I can get, although often people in LS will ask "Who wants an R3/R2." I will glady accept it. But If a wipe has occured and someone has already cast raise on me, it's just selfish to deny it and wait for another raise. (an exception would be if Dynamis was over and you are laying outside dead) you just gotta suck it up and "take one for the team".

Anyways, that was sorta off-topic, but again, the RR2 scroll would be pretty useful. Just say you're soloing, or messing around, and you're the kind of person that always carries a reraise with you no matter what, it would be alot cheaper that using up your hairpin or gorget, and great option to have RR2 up instead of RR1.If you're gonna lose exp, why not make it as least as possible right?
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-04-02 12:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Just to break it down for argument sake, if you can solo 8k/hr on BLM at puddings (just throwing out a number) the time it takes to recover your lost exp is:
Homepoint: 2400 (18 mins)
Raise 1: 1200 (9 mins)
Raise 2: 600 (4.5 mins)
Raise 3: 240 (1.8 min)

If you join one of those 25k/hr merit parties on Greater Colibri:
Homepoint: 2400 (5.7 mins)
Raise 1: 1200 (2.8 mins)
Raise 2: 600 (1.4 mins)
Raise 3: 240 (.57 min)

People who complain about exp loss or demand R3s are lazy and do not get my pity. If you cannot take a few minutes out of your time to get a buffer for a death or two then you deserve to delevel in my opinion. Personally, I keep max exp 43,999 on all my 75s and never switch to merit mode.

I like these calculations.
This person took the time and effort to think about this.
Unfortunately, in Economics, we learn about "opportunity costs".
For instance, the raises have a 5 minute down-time to recover, plus the time to recover MP or HP after weakened wears off.
When you HP, it takes you time to get back to the party's camping spot. That should be added in as well.
There are other costs associated with it, but it's safe to say you have a great start. :-D

~Yote
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-02 13:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yotevol said:
When you HP, it takes you time to get back to the party's camping spot. That should be added in as well.

And don't forget the guy that likes to leave his Home Point in Bastok (S)...that's always nice.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-03 10:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Yotevol said:

And don't forget the guy that likes to leave his Home Point in Bastok (S)...that's always nice.

Somebody slap whoever Xxnumbertwoxx is talking about. Why set your homepoint in the past? It's smarter to set your homepoint in your starting city. It takes just a minute or two to walk out to the maw and you are in the past.

In a starting city:
1) Whitegate warp
2) Outpost warp
3) Cavernous Maw

In Whitegate:
1) City Warp
2) Jeuno Warp
3) Shout for Teleports/Retrace.

In a past city:
1) Cavernous Maw
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-03 10:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Why set your homepoint in the past?

Cause they're lazy and don't wanna go to the maw? I dunno, but it's happened to me in parties before >.<

I don't think there coulda been a more inconvenient homepoint, except for like maybe Rabao or Kazham or some ***...
 Garuda.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-04-03 10:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi-reraisers are cheap and fast. Stop being so damn cheap and buy them. I always keep one on my for Nyzul just in case.

Cheap ***.
First Page 2