Hot Off The Presses!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Hot off the presses!
Hot off the presses!
 Seraph.Kat
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: KatOtaku
By Seraph.Kat 2009-04-01 17:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Image:Scenarios ahead of schedule (04-01-09).jpg

Originally announced in November, the three expansions, entitled “A Crystalline Prophecy – Ode of Life Bestowing™”, “A Moogle Kupo d’Etat – Evil in Small Doses™” and “A Shantotto Ascension – The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born™”, each of which are led by Masato Kato, who created the stories and scenarios for FINAL FANTASY XI and its first expansion pack, Rise of the Zilart®, were slated for independent releases starting in Spring 2009, with subsequent releases to follow in the months thereafter. We are pleased to announce that the later two scenarios are ahead of schedule and will be available for download shortly after the April version update!

Available exclusively for online purchase through the PlayOnline® Viewer, these next two expansions will be made available simultaneously for all FINAL FANTASY XI platforms worldwide. Originally priced at $9.99 per expansion scenario, because of the increase depth of play that is added with all three scenarios - including a new tanking job, new Mithran continent and three new avatars - the price of each sceniario has been adjusted to $24.99 per scenario, but will be available as a package for only $69.99. Players who pre-ordered "A Crystalline Prophecy – Ode of Life Bestowing™" for $9.99 will be billed an additional $15.00 and will be entitled to the package discount, which will be available for purchase through the PlayOnline® Viewer shortly.

(*The official site of the add-on scenarios will be updated in the coming days with the latest information on the new pricing and content.)

Image:Bullet.gif

Judge
These regal combatants are masters not only of themselves, but of others. A judge is able to not only decree certain enemy abilities or actions to be forbidden for the duration of combat, but also to assist members of his own party by granting privileges they otherwise would be unable to use. Their superior knowledge allows the judge to detect weaknesses in their enemies, allowing adventurers to maximize their combat skills in battle.

The Olzhirya Continent
Located far to the south of Mindartia, Olzhirya is home to the Mithra and the great Gha Naboh Matriarchate nation-state. The continent appears a peaceful one, based primarily on fishing and agriculture. Unrest is brewing, however, between the Mithra and the inhabitants of Tsahya, an island nation, just off the eastern shore of Olzhirya...

Atomos, Alexander, and Odin... oh my
Summoners have for a long time suspected that pacts could be formed with Atomos, Alexander, and Odin in order to summon their spirits in order to assist in battles. But the pacts had been lost to time and the ravages of the Crystal War. With new technologies allowing summoners to travel back in time, these pacts have now been discovered. Obtaining such pacts is not for the feint of heart, but the rewards will be worthwhile for those strong enough to succeed.
 Kujata.Gooby
Server: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-04-01 17:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

old april fool's joke is old.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=2197
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-01 17:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You fail horribly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-01 17:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

/redirects to ==>> April Fool

Edit: Damn you guys are fast!
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-01 17:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

:/
 Seraph.Kat
By Seraph.Kat 2009-04-01 17:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. So Wiki is doing April Fools? Interesting as they are listing it as a news flash from SE. There are legal consequences with that...
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-01 17:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kat said:
Hmmm. So Wiki is doing April Fools? Interesting as they are listing it as a news flash from SE. There are legal consequences with that...

SE WILL SUE
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-01 17:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, there's a disclaimer hidden in fine print somewhere, like last year. People threw tables, chairs and hissy fits when they heard SE was closing FFXI's servers to focus on their new MMO, Radiata Stories two. Two HUGE issues with that.

1)ANYONE who played Radiata Stories knows there is no freaking way that will be made into an MMO people will play.
2)If people read the fine print, it was something about "April Fools lulz".
 Seraph.Kat
By Seraph.Kat 2009-04-01 17:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well. Looked good at first.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-01 17:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
People threw tables, chairs and hissy fits when they heard SE was closing FFXI's servers to focus on their new MMO, Radiata Stories two.

LOL you ain't kidding. Peeps we're *** pissed on the other forums I used to go to.
 Seraph.Kat
By Seraph.Kat 2009-04-01 17:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

K, I called SE. It is bogus. Sorry, got trigger happy! Have fun playing!
 Seraph.Majique
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-04-01 17:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, but i gotta ask... umm... how many times is the shitty april fools joke gonna be rethreaded? lol im not haten, but damn lol
as a summoner, i was really psyched this morning and then hit the first thread and was brought back down to earth on how much this american "holiday" really does suck. sorry, we got robbed yet again, and this time on a semi-malicious level. i'm actually curious now to see how long the origional post stays up, and if anything/action well come of it.
i still believe we have new avatars on the horizon, just not today. /grin's and bears it all lol
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 18:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish this was true too, so summoners would stop crying about not having a shiny new avatar
 Asura.Sharpe
user: Takezaki
By Asura.Sharpe 2009-04-01 18:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Majique April fools has been going a hell of a lot longer than the US has. It's most definitely not an American "holiday".
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-01 18:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a joke. Calm down peole. Put your pitch forks away!
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-04-01 18:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

GDI stop reminding me about that horrible joke! i was so excited to finally see a new continent (remember the full map from a few days ago? http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/Airhead69/complete_world_full.jpg)
Well anyway, realizing this was a joke ruined my day... i hate april fools...
 Seraph.Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-04-01 19:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sharpe i'm sorry i typed the word American. i know the holiday is dated back to the change of the calender and the birth of the gregorian calender in which the year went from starting on april 1st to starting on january 1st, the fool part of it being the term given to the people that could not adjust to the change. also pranks used to be a new years tradition on the day of april 1st, dating back to constantine. sorry again that american jumped out of my brain. quit being so damn pissy. that ***is contagious lol
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-01 19:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Majique did you wiki "April 1st" so you could sound smart and like you know what you're talking about instead of being a *** idiot?

Sorry, i'm just being pissy.
 Seraph.Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-04-01 19:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:
lol Majique did you wiki "April 1st" so you could sound smart and like you know what you're talking about instead of being a *** idiot?

Sorry, i'm just being pissy.

lol just a little bit, not much ;D. i knew the gregorian calender change and year change part, but didnt know it went back to the days of constantine. oh and didnt know it was the pope that changed it, thought it was a French king. but most importantly- im not pissy anymore lol, so long as people stop with the /target majique's today already XD gd its been a miserable ***of a day lmao
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-04-01 21:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

wasn't as good as my April Fool's joke, completely "revamped" a slide show presentation my workcenter put up
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-01 21:01:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

hahahahha
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-04-01 21:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ya, it wasnt pretty, big fat .jpg's of things that should never be seen in a conference room... and they'll never catch me!