Few suggestions for PUP
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 06:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:

And the kirin parse was for kited Kirins, not TP burned. Pup is great in DoT for kited mobs, hence why they rate so high.

People still kite Kirin?

What is this, 2007?
 Bahamut.Kormix
Server: Bahamut
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-04-01 06:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Wooooodum said:
Kajidourden said:
(and ill make this caps so maybe youll actually read it this time)

Irony. :P

<3

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I know nothing about PUP, so if I say "Lolpup" or other similar comments, I'm trolling you, not giving my opinion. I'm not naive enough to comment on something I know nothing about. I love winding my friend up about it though, everytime I say "lolpup" or something he goes off on a rant about how I hate pet jobs for no reason, etc. Always a laugh!

I lolpup all the time, because like I said, 90% of pups I've come across are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Pups in full AF at 75
Pups who dont gear swap for weaponskills.
Pups who gearswap STR for Howling Fist >.>
Oh, my favorate. Pups who /dnc or /whm in merits.

..Im sure you see my point.

I lol'd. I've been pup75 since the job came out, in fact it was my 1st 75 and I consider it my main. However, pup barely has a place in a regular xp party let alone a merit party lol. Also c'mon pups... you were given the ability to solo for a reason, the "lolpups" out there are the ones who lv through xp parties and have really no clue about the intricatcies of the job or what they're truly capable of. The only way you can really learn how to play a pup is to challenge yourself and solo atleast 80% of your levels.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 06:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should a PUP party anyway?

They are like BST version 2.

They are solo masters. Hell, DRG, SMN, and BST are all solo masters.

If you can't solo on any of the 4 pet jobs, you need to quit that job now, and go level a mage job. That way, you can be at least useful in party situations....
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 06:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Jiko said:

And the kirin parse was for kited Kirins, not TP burned. Pup is great in DoT for kited mobs, hence why they rate so high.

People still kite Kirin?

What is this, 2007?

Last time I've done sky was about late '07. They were lulzworthy though, so yeah, they kited him. (Edit: Still kite him, at that)

Couldnt tell you jack about sky now...not interested in that ***, tbh. I'll be over in salvage though..
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 06:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kormix said:
Jiko said:
Wooooodum said:
Kajidourden said:

<3

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I know nothing about PUP, so if I say "Lolpup" or other similar comments, I'm trolling you, not giving my opinion. I'm not naive enough to comment on something I know nothing about. I love winding my friend up about it though, everytime I say "lolpup" or something he goes off on a rant about how I hate pet jobs for no reason, etc. Always a laugh!

I lolpup all the time, because like I said, 90% of pups I've come across are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Pups in full AF at 75

I lol'd. I've been pup75 since the job came out, in fact it was my 1st 75 and I consider it my main. However, pup barely has a place in a regular xp party let alone a merit party lol. Also c'mon pups... you were given the ability to solo for a reason, the "lolpups" out there are the ones who lv through xp parties and have really no clue about the intricatcies of the job or what they're truly capable of. The only way you can really learn how to play a pup is to challenge yourself and solo atleast 80% of your levels.

You go have fun soloing, I'll be over in the party getting twice as much XP as you in the same time.

Edit: I've also never met anybody whose "first" job was pup75, that had any skill whatsoever. I'd say you're either bluffing or you're just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Bahamut.Kormix
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-04-01 06:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Kormix said:
Jiko said:
Wooooodum said:
Kajidourden said:

<3

Pups in full AF at 75

You go have fun soloing, I'll be over in the party getting twice as much XP as you in the same time.

Once again, I lol'd.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 06:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:

While you party all the time, those of us who solo will be getting all the BSs your parties will be getting, except, we get them all, you only get 1/6th of them...
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-04-01 06:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

My point is, its the player who makes the job. Compare a well armed PUP vs a well armed WAR, and the WAR will win all the time.

Although there's no doubt that a well-equipped WAR will win-out against a PUP with the most optimized gear SE has given the job thus-far....your two sentences contradict each other. WAR winning has nothing to do with the player...if it did, it would be a toss-up as far as the jobs are concerned, and the better player would win.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 06:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Feyen said:
Korpg said:

My point is, its the player who makes the job. Compare a well armed PUP vs a well armed WAR, and the WAR will win all the time.

Although there's no doubt that a well-equipped WAR will win-out against a PUP with the most optimized gear SE has given the job thus-far....your two sentences contradict each other. WAR winning has nothing to do with the player...if it did, it would be a toss-up as far as the jobs are concerned, and the better player would win.

Sorry, ment to seperate those two into different points, thanks for pointing that out for me.
 Bahamut.Kormix
By Bahamut.Kormix 2009-04-01 06:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Feyen said:
Korpg said:

Also comparing war and pup is like comparing apples and oranges... war is a DD job and pup is a solo job >.>
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 06:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Jiko said:

While you party all the time, those of us who solo will be getting all the BSs your parties will be getting, except, we get them all, you only get 1/6th of them...

If I was farming seals, then yeah, I would solo. But im not, I'd be there to merit and get merits quicker. Its give and take.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 07:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kormix said:
Feyen said:
Korpg said:

Also comparing war and pup is like comparing apples and oranges... war is a DD job and pup is a solo job >.>

Thats not entirely true. PUPs can be moderate to good DDs. Much better than SMN can.

Maybe BST = PUP somewhat, since most jug pet's TP moves don't do ***for damage?

I know of a BST who comes to events as BST....even though I think he has another job at 75, people want him to come as BST. So, I don't see that it would be out of the question for PUPs to do endgame, but if they have another job (unless its SMN, but even then, my SMN has seen a few events lately) then they usually do that other job.

Anyway, nuff rambling for me, see ya all in the morning, going to make a fresh start towards my 1000th post.....tomorrow ><
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 07:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for the record, I've heard of the BLM frame out-nuking actual BLM's AMII with all the right attachments. Guess the only way to prove anything is to run a parse on a PUP next time i have one in a meripo (if ever) and write down his gear and more importantly, his attachments. If I wasnt deploying so soon i'd be determined to get PUP to 75 and do the tests with my own gear/attachments and provide solid numbers for you guys, but alas i cannot. So until then i consider myself removed from thsi discussion as (unlike everyone else posting here) i plan to provde numbers, not "X job WILL outparse X job in X circumstances"

Edit: Just to add, please don't think that i believe a PUP can outparse a SAM or WAR from what i've written, because (as previously stated) i hold no evidence to support that fact, you wouldnt think it would be necessary to add this to the post, but people are stupid and like to assume.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 08:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Automaton name is Sakura.

Theres some numbers for you from a 5/5 Automaton Melee merited pup against Kirin in a kited situation. Shot at 2007-07-07.

Note: these are not my parses, just old parses I have found.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 08:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
User submitted image

Theres some numbers for you from a 5/5 Automaton Melee merited pup against Kirin in a kited situation. Shot at 2007-07-07.

Nice, btw, im not a PUP guru but why the melee frame? Wouldnt the Rng frame be better?

Edit: It should also be noted that since (im assuming) the PUP isnt engaged this is actually a good amount less than a PUP could parse, as they would have their attacks and WS's added to it
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-01 08:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The one reason the automaton could compare was because pets follow moving mobs right at the same spot, so they're always within melee range.

That being said, yes, PUP can attack kited mobs pretty easily. But so can RNG, BLM, SCH, SMN, BST, COR, and THF.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 08:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
The one reason the automaton could compare was because pets follow moving mobs right at the same spot, so they're always within melee range.

That being said, yes, PUP can attack kited mobs pretty easily. But so can RNG, BLM, SCH, SMN, BST, COR, and THF.

Assuming now.
By looking at the parse, Totem was a RNG. And its obvious that the other with 10%+ is Diabolos.

The blms did about 2/3's of what the automaton did. Jayeon also looks to be a ranger, doing about 3/4s what the auto did. As for everybody else, they didnt even come close.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-01 08:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kajidourden said:
Jiko said:
User submitted image

Nice, btw, im not a PUP guru but why the melee frame? Wouldnt the Rng frame be better?

Edit: It should also be noted that since (im assuming) the PUP isnt engaged this is actually a good amount less than a PUP could parse, as they would have their attacks and WS's added to it

This was before armour piercer.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 11:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Enternius said:

Assuming now.
By looking at the parse, Totem was a RNG. And its obvious that the other with 10%+ is Diabolos.

The blms did about 2/3's of what the automaton did. Jayeon also looks to be a ranger, doing about 3/4s what the auto did. As for everybody else, they didnt even come close.

Was about to say... whos to say none of those job were present...?
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Kajidourden said:
Jiko said:
User submitted image

This was before armour piercer.

Gotcha
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-01 11:42:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

All those charts are is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.

Jiko said:
User submitted image

User submitted image
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 11:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
All those charts are is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.

Jiko said:
User submitted image

User submitted image

Lol, then learn how to read?
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-01 11:46:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I can read numbers.
But what they really mean baffles me.
I know nothing about 'parsing' (or care for that matter) so to me it looks like one gigantic algorithm of nothingness.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-01 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mytoy said:
If you can't read the table, then someone thought edgukashun wuz 4 lozers...

He can spell, though.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-01 13:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Mytoy said:
If you can't read the table, then someone thought edgukashun wuz 4 lozers...

He can spell, though.

Missed the implied sarcasim there a bit wooo?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-01 13:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoosh...
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 14:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, its ok, just look at the first column and compare the Auto's dmg to the others, thats all you really need to see, the others are crit rate, ws dmg, etc for each individual if you read the column its actually pretty easy to understand
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-01 15:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Korpg said:
Jiko said:

People still kite Kirin?

What is this, 2007?

Last time I've done sky was about late '07. They were lulzworthy though, so yeah, they kited him. (Edit: Still kite him, at that)

Couldnt tell you jack about sky now...not interested in that ***, tbh. I'll be over in salvage though..

/cry... my skyls kites Kirin.... think its more out of wipe concerns though, cause most the people in our Ls are pretty decent players, then again i havent been playing endgame for all that long.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-01 15:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Whoosh...

F U buddy ; ;