SE Anti-farming Now? (continued)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE anti-farming now? (continued)
SE anti-farming now? (continued)
First Page 2
 Pandemonium.Treppe
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-03-31 15:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Im know im way late on this subject but heres my 2 cents.

Maybe why SE is nerfing farming location is because when the game first launch the the highest level was lvl 50, not lvl 75. So effectivly farming Beast blood was not something players were doing back then. So maybe SE didnt think much about the selling price of that item to NPCs at the time of launch.

Its just a thought.
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 15:17:00
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

There are plenty of ways to make Gil, a lot people are just lazy and want instant profit.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 15:27:19

Guilty.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 15:28:56

Reublucian said:
There are plenty of ways to make Gil, a lot people are just lazy and want instant profit.

Hence undercutting!
 Odin.Napkin
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Napkin 2009-03-31 15:29:01

Reublucian said:

Yeah but who dont want fast gil/hr lol
 Pandemonium.Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-03-31 15:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:

Lol yeah like me. But Ive already done all the farming I could ever do in this game, gil is now not a issue cause ive already bought everything i could buy with gil. now im trying to replace all those overpriced items i payed for with ra/ex items from sky, salvage, sea .. ect.

I still need gil for consumable items but I can get that easy from end of game event drops that I sell back to AH.

I do feel bad for new players though no easy farming for them >_<
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-31 15:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe just anti-farming npc items.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-03-31 15:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ISNM 3k Jade sepulcher, try it. Made 1.2mil from it in the last month and all I do is cast blizagga 2 twice in the fight. Plus it only takes IS to do it which you can get from xp party 55+ or merit party or hell even besieged^^

I'm 4/15 on the ore which is pretty good as its 320k each on my server, dead easy way to make gil takes 30mins and even if you get crap drops you still walk out with about 30k which is slightly more than/equal to what the IS is worth in imperial coins anyway, so i'd reccomend trying you're luck with ISNM than selling all those coins XD If you go 3/3 on ore thats 1mil you made, from imperial coins that 9k IS would get you 80k...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-31 15:34:38

Alot more people are relying on repeatable quests and NPCing dropped spoils than going to the AH for profits. This is a heavy factor in the trend of undercutting and deflated prices. Perhaps the lowering of NPC prices on certain items was a way to help keep things balanced so gil is circulating in the AH rather than building up in everyone's wallets.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 15:39:53

Go look at some of my gear, I've been playing 5 years, in that time I have no idea how many angel skins I've fished, and ever since Aht Urghan came out I've lost track of how many Khroma Ores I've had in my possession, probably enough to get like every salvage body piece. Patience and work is all it takes, When I go fishing, most of the time I don't leave til I get a skin, simple. People are just lazy, hence whenever someone whines about Gil, they get no sympathy from me.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-31 15:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because this is just like the movie Wall-E, where everybody on the ship used to be skinny, outgoing, travel etc. and then years later, got fat and lazy.

Years before farming was easy to get gil, now its like everybody hates just to walk outside and just go wherever is closer.

If you are patient enough, you can go harvest. I know fresh mugwort is 30k a stack on my server and the places to farm are just right outside some nations. Though you gotta run back and forth in a path with sickles but if you got the time then do it.

I used to farm by harvesting yeeears ago when red moko grass was 250k a stack, now its ha ha gil..

I did fishing on a mule for a few hours and got few stacks of moat carp and subligar to make some gil.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-03-31 15:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is not directed at any of the posts on this thread.

The real key to making a good, independant, profit, is to do what any good broker would do.... diversify your assets.

There are, as stated already, many ways to make gil. Instead of focusing on just one, or two, take on more. Don't be lazy... go earn your money.

Things in this game change all the time. And someone always whines.

I used to make gil by popping coffers in Oztroja for Astral rings.. but then they changed that. Didn't even call the WHAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE either... and neither should you.

So... to sum it all up:

1. Diversify
2. Have back up plans cause the game changes
3. STFU and stop crying.
 Ragnarok.Azura
Server: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-31 15:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:
Go look at some of my gear, I've been playing 5 years, in that time I have no idea how many angel skins I've fished, and ever since Aht Urghan came out I've lost track of how many Khroma Ores I've had in my possession, probably enough to get like every salvage body piece. Patience and work is all it takes, When I go fishing, most of the time I don't leave til I get a skin, simple. People are just lazy, hence whenever someone whines about Gil, they get no sympathy from me.

I've done my fair share of camps and i know what it takes to get some NM, Hell i have a V-bow and PCA. But the fact SE has made farming into long process is the reason a lot of members run to other MMOs, patience is thin amongst the young.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-03-31 16:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You sound like a banker/broker
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-31 17:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Treppe said:
Reublucian said:

Lol yeah like me. But Ive already done all the farming I could ever do in this game, gil is now not a issue cause ive already bought everything i could buy with gil. now im trying to replace all those overpriced items i payed for with ra/ex items from sky, salvage, sea .. ect.

I still need gil for consumable items but I can get that easy from end of game event drops that I sell back to AH.

After checking your item sets it seems that is in fact not the case.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 17:03:46

Frobeus said:
Treppe said:
Reublucian said:

Lol mean but true.=(
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 17:05:50

Azura said:
Reublucian said:

I've done my fair share of camps and i know what it takes to get some NM, Hell i have a V-bow and PCA. But the fact SE has made farming into long process is the reason a lot of members run to other MMOs, patience is thin amongst the young.

Since when was getting desired items or quests easy and quick with ffxi? If I wanted everything handed to me I'd go play WoW. I started playing when I was 13, so just because you are young doesn't mean you don't have patience lol. It's just a large part of the ffxi community that wants to whine and cry, about being poor and not having gil, and if you have even relatively decent gear, all of a sudden you must be a gilbuyer to some people.
 Carbuncle.Celest
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2009-03-31 17:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming is just as possible as it was 6 years ago. I played when it first came out, and I have just come back from a very long hiatus from the game. Farming doesn't appear to have changed. The issue is simply that there are many other ways to make gil now that are skewed towards the average level of the player base now. Which is 35-40 levels higher than it used to be. I gotta say 1-50 was no cakewalk this time around, but it's definitely possible. You can easily make 100-150 k in a day of mining in gusgen, which isn't OMG money but its good enough to buy what you need in the 50-75 race.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-03-31 17:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant believe this thread got bumped. let it go people....
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-31 17:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rusko said:

Merit your shield skill.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 17:28:12

Rusko said:

No , you let it go!
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 17:30:58

Frobeus said:
Rusko said:

Merit your shield skill.

This.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-31 17:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many ways to make money, farming outside of sky/sea is just silly, unless you are farming your own synth mats.

Do KSNM/BSNM/ISNM/ENM
Join a shell that lets you lot on synth mats off of sky pops
Merit....
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 17:36:28

Hell any party in ToAU areas. Imperial pieces of any kind sell fast and nice profit unless you really need all of your standing. (I just try to keep about 5k for Runic, Nyzul, etc)
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 17:40:51

Haseyo said:
Hell any party in ToAU areas. Imperial pieces of any kind sell fast and nice profit unless you really need all of your standing. (I just try to keep about 5k for Runic, Nyzul, etc)

ISNM >> selling coins, I actually suggested to this douchebag once, to spam isnms, and I watched him go from being a gimp-*** to having a shaiir manteel hauby+1, in the course of a few months, even one khroma ore every week or two adds up eventually, and sometimes you get really really lucky khroma ores.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-31 17:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming hasn't been nerfed, but SE is pushing for a very AH oriented system, because of two factors:
1: Items being sold on the AH is not new gil being added into their economy as opposed to hundred of thousands of gil that was introduced by NPCing blood.
2: Gil is being removed by the AH "taxes" and the influx of new gil by quests can be hindered to create a buffer for new gil coming in.

I do not agree with this tactic, seeing as, people have pointed out, that the AH is full of overpricing and sever undercutting to make that quick gil. Instead, SE should take a hint, and create more ways to remove gil from their system... such as worthwhile NPC vendors.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 17:43:40

Reublucian said:
Haseyo said:

ISNM >> selling coins, I actually suggested to this douchebag once, to spam isnms, and I watched him go from being a gimp-*** to having a shaiir manteel hauby+1, in the course of a few months, even one khroma ore every week or two adds up eventually, and sometimes you get really really lucky khroma ores.

I haven't really researched any ISNMs, mainly because no one I know does them. And *** running with randomers.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 17:48:45

Reublucian said:
Haseyo said:
Reublucian said:
Haseyo said:

I haven't really researched any ISNMs, mainly because no one I know does them. And *** running with randomers.

It's not a hard fight at all, I always go with randomers, when I used to do it frequently, I actually established a group of 4 people I always went with from those randomers, so everyday we would just /sh for one random DD. If you wipe to it then there's some issues that can't be fixed and everyone should look into committing suicide.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-31 17:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

I had a BLM buddy that would do Compliments to the Chef almost everyday with just a random bunch of random people. BLM's know how to handle their shiz, and it's just a manaburn fillet-fest. Most my crafting was leveled off that ISNM.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-04-01 08:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Treppe said:
Reublucian said:

what i was trying to say is that "ive already bought everything i could buy with gil" meaning that I'm not ubber rich in this game so spending gil wisely as I could, I didnt see any point in wasting more gil buying more over priced gear for just 1 more 2 STR/haste here or there that in most cause that wont really make or break job performance.

Im personally glad all the Inflated prices went down over the years. Im guilty of buying a 3 mil Haubergeon back in dec 2005 largest inflation spike Ive seen on my server. or buying 4 mil on a Kirin's Osode (too lazy to join a SKY LS figured it take same amount of time or less to farm the gil as it would to move up drop list as a new member to LS).
First Page 2