Forum » FFXI » General » changing race
changing race
 Leviathan.Bunratty
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bunratty
By Leviathan.Bunratty 2009-03-30 11:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Has the topic ever been discussed by SE about allowing a character whom you have leveled, change their race? (as in you are a lvl 75 hume and you now want to be a mithra)

And if you could change....what would you want to be?
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-03-30 11:04:03
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

OH a taru, I really REALY wanna be a taru SO BADLY! <_< I LOVE TEH LITTLE TARUS

not to mention im a full mage.

they should make taru plushies :3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-03-30 11:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh...at most I would hope for facial/size changes. Otherwise everyone leveling BLM turn taru, and everyone looking for a good end game would go manthra and pretend to be female.
 Leviathan.Bunratty
Server: Leviathan
user: Bunratty
By Leviathan.Bunratty 2009-03-30 11:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a large hume but he always looks tiny next to elves. It bothers me. I mean, tarus are supposed to be tiny, that's their charm but humes look small to me rather than average. I wouldn't mind running around like a goliath Galka for a while. It would be fun quest to do if you could get to change your apperance, even if it's just your facial features.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-03-30 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I love being mithra, but it would be cool to be able to change my name. I wanted to be named Lily, and when that wasn't available, Lila, and when that wasn't available either I settled for Liela. If I could, I'd go back and try Lilli or whatnot. But changing features or race would be really cool, too!
 Seraph.Majique
Server: Seraph
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 11:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly the most u can change is name with a gm call. but i would difinately change my mithra model. im tired of looking at her, not to mention its the most popular model ><;
i've played on taru before and i don't see how anyone can enjoy runing taru for to long lol not hatein, its just not for me lol
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-30 11:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd keep Aramina as same race and model, but I'd love to change her from a Medium to a Small.

Likewise, I'd probably keep Darkmoose a Hume also, although being SAM and PLD, Elvaan does tend to stick out as an option, but with the likelihood that I'll finish off THF, Elvaan = not so good as Hume anymore.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 11:48:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I would go Manthra c.c
I'd miss my delicious MP pool...
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-30 12:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think changing race entirely is a bit of a stretch, but it'd be really nice if S-E added "Plastic Surgeon" and "Beautician" NPC's, where we could change our character models and such. I know our Amazonian Elvaan RNG would be ecstatic lol
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-30 12:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to get tattoo removal for Darkmoose's head if I can...

I really liked being able to customize tattoo art in Fable, and I wish we had something similar. I know Ara would have a tramp stamp with some dragonesque motif.
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-03-30 12:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
I love being mithra, but it would be cool to be able to change my name. I wanted to be named Lily, and when that wasn't available, Lila, and when that wasn't available either I settled for Liela. If I could, I'd go back and try Lilli or whatnot. But changing features or race would be really cool, too!

That's a good point, I wanted to be "Mikoto" at first, but it was taken by a char who's been gone for ages now, and I'm stuck with "Mykoto" :\

But didn't previous FF's have a namingway card or char that could change your name? I see no reason why SE couldn't implement something like that.

As for changing your race entirely, that might be a bit farfetched, but I would like to atleast see a way to change the color, maybe even the style of your hair, and the color of your clothes perhaps...
 Bahamut.Danagon
Server: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-30 12:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Majique said:
sadly the most u can change is name with a gm call. but i would difinately change my mithra model. im tired of looking at her, not to mention its the most popular model ><;
i've played on taru before and i don't see how anyone can enjoy runing taru for to long lol not hatein, its just not for me lol

where the GM call for that? ._.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-30 12:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily changing names...

*waits for all the "player warning _____, formerly known as _____, formerly known as _____" posts.*