heres a thought
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-03-28 23:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rofl im looking forward to their next mmo, not sure when.. only heard a few things from allakazahm.com

But i sure would like to play as a Bangaa... or a moogle... and i know ive seen screens with a viera
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-28 23:19:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not ffxi forever. ;;
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-28 23:20:01

Ludoggy said:
Reublucian said:
Yeah whenever a newer player asks me a question I usually try to help them as best as I can, not to mention for the past two Christmas's that have occurred I've given out Gil to newer players just to help them out, around 200k this year, I guess I just never want ffxi to die so I try to help the new players stay by giving them Gil on Christmas which is when I think alot of new people obviously come into the game, but ffxi will eventually die,
then I will commit suicide?

I think we gots a problem 'ere

I need therapy lol
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-03-28 23:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i just hope SE does something drastic in the near future.. WoW seems to be dominating the market... and i hate WoW
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-28 23:23:25

Yeah I tried WoW because I'm not the type to say something sucks without trying it. People aren't kidding when they say the player base is like 12 year olds. Everyone acts like immature children with down syndrome and the game is just lame sauce.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-03-28 23:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol my point... FFXI is the only game ive played without the "12 year old player base"

Probably why its da best =D

(i have tryed and played ALOT of different mmos)
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-28 23:30:52

I tried Guild Wars but compared to FFXI it's like, comparing a Jet to a pair of roller skates. The Jet being FFXI lolol
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-29 00:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Daimos said:
Rofl im looking forward to their next mmo, not sure when.. only heard a few things from allakazahm.com

But i sure would like to play as a Bangaa... or a moogle... and i know ive seen screens with a viera

That screenshot was a fake.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-03-29 00:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"Sneak Peek at Square's New MMO!
Posted By Pikko, 2008-03-31 18:56:15 for Final Fantasy XI
Update: Everyone has been debating: Joke? No joke?

Credit for the screenshots go to Estya of Ramuh or StarvingArtist from Dreams in Vana'diel. He e-mailed me on Monday asking if I could help him pull off an April Fool's joke and attached the screens you saw. We thought they looked convincing enough to cause waves and boy did we get them! Myself, Vlorsutes, and Thayos all helped write the article. We gave Estya a month of free premium for the idea and material.

The story made it to Google News and got some diggs. I dunno where else they started popping up, but we found it amusing. Hope everyone had a great April Fool's Day!

----

Rare screenshots from Square Enix's highly anticipated next-generation MMORPG have been released exclusively on Allakhazam.com.

The screenshots, showing scenes from the upcoming game known only as Project Rapture, were leaked to the Final Fantasy XI Online staff by a source close to the game's development team.

After much deliberation -- and anxiety and excitement -- the staff of Allakhazam decided to release the screenshots.
Despite the low quality of the images, the screenshots speak for themselves.

Details are scarce at this time, but Allakhazam.com has confirmed Project Rapture will implement Square Enix's Crystal Tools graphics engine. The game is planned to be released for the Xbox360, the Playstation 3 and for PCs using the Windows Vista operating system."

ok so the screens are fakes, but that doesnt mean it wont happen. Optimism^^
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-03-29 09:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

does this even have anything to do with the post lol you people are crazy
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-29 09:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

Then there is level sync, which makes everyone with Maat's Cap semi-noobish (unless you acutually leveled those jobs the proper, or the party way, like before level sync).

Astral Burns make noobs out of everyone.

I'm after the cap, I avoid level sync as far as i can though, and I would never join an astral burn pt ever.

I know that when I have the cap some ppl might think i got it by burning my jobs in astral burn. But really, I'm not going for the cap for anyone else but myself, as a personal achievement.
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-29 10:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Korpg said:

Then there is level sync, which makes everyone with Maat's Cap semi-noobish (unless you acutually leveled those jobs the proper, or the party way, like before level sync).

I'm after the cap, I avoid level sync as far as i can though, and I would never join an astral burn pt ever.

I know that when I have the cap some ppl might think i got it by burning my jobs in astral burn. But really, I'm not going for the cap for anyone else but myself, as a personal achievement.

Ok so let's say you did astral burn all the Maat jobs. How would you even win the fights with like all your skill levels in the 20's lol.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-29 11:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleedingwulf said:
Zanno said:
Korpg said:

Ok so let's say you did astral burn all the Maat jobs. How would you even win the fights with like all your skill levels in the 20's lol.

Skill up pt's.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-29 11:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Bleedingwulf said:
Zanno said:
Korpg said:

Skill up pt's.

Aye, plus you don't need to skill up everything, a lot of the same skills will get you over the line on multiple jobs. Another trick for the maat fight is to get within a hundred exp or so of a level, and use an exp scroll in the battle, it's like a megalixir, except that it also raises all your stats a little too :o
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-29 12:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Another trick for the maat fight is to get within a hundred exp or so of a level, and use an exp scroll in the battle, it's like a megalixir, except that it also raises all your stats a little too :o

I never woulda thought of that! You guys are crafty lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-29 12:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

too bad I didn't hear about it until after I beat Raubahn (blu maat). But then, that fights just luck as to which ws's and spells the cheating *** uses. One fight I got seraph blade for 400 followed by 460 bludgeon or some ***, yet even now as a fairly pimped out 75 blu, I still can't hit those sort of numbers on either of those moves <_<
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-29 12:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Bludgeon has a damage cap no one expects you too.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-29 12:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I fought Laila (DNC Maat) about a month ago; did my research and all that, read the testimonials, and I must have lucked out or something, because the fight was pretty easy compared to what I'd heard, people saying they went 0/5 on her and ***. She Dancing Edge'd on me twice, that was the worst of it...but she also used like Viper Bite and Cyclone which were a complete joke. I guess other people have just gotten DE'd over and over again til death...luckily I got the Special Ed version of her lol

THF friend tried the Maat fight at 66 to see if he could do it...fight lasted less then 2 minutes, and yeaah, he didn't win lol. But retrying at 70 he kicked his *** ^^
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-29 12:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Yeah, I fought Laila (DNC Maat) about a month ago; did my research and all that, read the testimonials, and I must have lucked out or something, because the fight was pretty easy compared to what I'd heard, people saying they went 0/5 on her and ***. She Dancing Edge'd on me twice, that was the worst of it...but she also used like Viper Bite and Cyclone which were a complete joke. I guess other people have just gotten DE'd over and over again til death...luckily I got the Special Ed version of her lol

THF friend tried the Maat fight at 66 to see if he could do it...fight lasted less then 2 minutes, and yeaah, he didn't win lol. But retrying at 70 he kicked his *** ^^

Some jobs are absolutely fine at 66, just depends on what abilities you get in those 4 levels between 66 and 70.

As for dnc maat fight, I watched a youtube video of that once, was the most pissy slap fight I ever saw, was even worse than pld's fighting each other.
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-29 12:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Raubahn is a joke if you know what your doing.
Burst Affinity+Frost Breath at the start to paralyze him.
Chain Affinity+Hysteric Barrage
Headbutt
Frenetic Rip
Headbutt
Hysteric Barrage or Ws depending on TP
Win
I am a galka so I used a vile elixer+1 after frenetic rip.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-29 12:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleedingwulf said:
Headbutt
Frenetic Rip
Headbutt
Win

I fought him like, 2 years ago or something? And honestly, using that strat, I think you got lucky, or maybe I was just a really ***player back then. But two of my attempts he just raped me (and I used the exact strat you just mentioned all three times), doing ridiculously spells and ws's that really shouldn't go that high (I don't remember the full extent of it now, but he definitely cheats), then the third time he just didn't do any of the nasty ***and I took him down. I still think it's totally luck based as to what he uses (since most blu spells are damn near insta-cast and you can't head butt them while you're casting something else anyway).
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-29 12:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
As for dnc maat fight, I watched a youtube video of that once, was the most pissy slap fight I ever saw, was even worse than pld's fighting each other.

Yeah, it kinda is. She steps me, I step her, she WS's me, I WS her, it's more like a dance off then anything else lol. She got me down to like 200 health, but trance and 2 curing Waltz IV's back to back put me at full health and I beat her *** down ^^

Shoulda been some "You got SERVED" CS at the end lol
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-29 12:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Bleedingwulf said:
Headbutt
Frenetic Rip
Headbutt
Win

I fought him like, 2 years ago or something? And honestly, using that strat, I think you got lucky, or maybe I was just a really ***player back then. But two of my attempts he just raped me (and I used the exact strat you just mentioned all three times), doing ridiculously spells and ws's that really shouldn't go that high (I don't remember the full extent of it now, but he definitely cheats), then the third time he just didn't do any of the nasty ***and I took him
down. I still think it's totally luck based as to what he uses (since most blu spells are damn near insta-cast and you can't head butt them while you're casting something else anyway).

Stunning his cures and enfeebs is key. Since he has access to every spell 1-70 it is rather luck based. I kinda want to refight him with only using the WoTG spells. Seedspray and Regurgitation would have some use but Assurin Claus would be so lol.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-29 12:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleedingwulf said:
Blazza said:
Bleedingwulf said:
Headbutt
Frenetic Rip
Headbutt
Win

I fought him like, 2 years ago or something? And honestly, using that strat, I think you got lucky, or maybe I was just a really ***player back then. But two of my attempts he just raped me (and I used the exact strat you just mentioned all three times), doing ridiculously spells and ws's that really shouldn't go that high (I don't remember the full extent of it now, but he definitely cheats), then the third time he just didn't do any of the nasty ***and I took him
down. I still think it's totally luck based as to what he uses (since most blu spells are damn near insta-cast and you can't head butt them while you're casting something else anyway).

Stunning his cures and enfeebs is key. Since he has access to every spell 1-70 it is rather luck based. I kinda want to refight him with only using the WoTG spells. Seedspray and Regurgitation would have some use but Assurin Claus would be so lol.

He's probably the same as he is in Red Vs Blue T9 assault, in which case he's pretty easy.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-03-29 12:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lvl 12+ can go to buburimu
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-29 15:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

maze of shakrami is a better alternative since worms die so fast.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-29 15:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is crazy talk, buuuuut... solo.

I got bored being 75 all the time, so I picked a random level 1 job [PLD] and went from 1 to 14 in 2 days [maybe 8 horus total?] just soloing. It's not very hard at all since S/E buffed XP for soloing, + Emperor Ring + FoV Pages. The only setback I had was I turned on the LFP flag and sat around for 40 mins while the pt that invited me broke 3 times before even killing something, then I just went back to soloing.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-29 16:11:39

Sammitch said:
I know this is crazy talk, buuuuut... solo.

I got bored being 75 all the time, so I picked a random level 1 job [PLD] and went from 1 to 14 in 2 days [maybe 8 horus total?] just soloing. It's not very hard at all since S/E buffed XP for soloing, + Emperor Ring + FoV Pages. The only setback I had was I turned on the LFP flag and sat around for 40 mins while the pt that invited me broke 3 times before even killing something, then I just went back to soloing.

I actually really wanna duo beast to 75 with someone, but in 5 years I still haven't found someone to do it with, regardless of the fact I play all the damn time. -.-
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-29 16:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
too bad I didn't hear about it until after I beat Raubahn (blu maat). But then, that fights just luck as to which ws's and spells the cheating *** uses. One fight I got seraph blade for 400 followed by 460 bludgeon or some ***, yet even now as a fairly pimped out 75 blu, I still can't hit those sort of numbers on either of those moves <_<

WHAT
He cheats D:
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2009-03-29 16:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Reublucian said:
Yeah I tried WoW because I'm not the type to say something sucks without trying it. People aren't kidding when they say the player base is like 12 year olds. Everyone acts like immature children with down syndrome and the game is just lame sauce.

ftw