SE Announced "Avatarssssss" Which Top 3 Do You Predict?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
SE announced "Avatarssssss" which top 3 do you predict?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-26 21:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

At the previous fanfest, SE mentions they will be doing more "Avatarssssssssssssss" with emphasis on the plural. Which does everyone think they'll add? And then when the info is released, we can compare thoughts, lmao. Let's see who here, thinks most like SE!!
I'm gonna list 3, seeing 2 is most likely the correct # but just a buffer in case.

-Phoenix-After fixing white mage raise cast timers,mp cost, and level obtained. Perhaps its a clue, seeing they couldn't have an avatar with the same raise abilities and timers as a white mage, maybe the incentive to fix WHM raise spells, was to make white mage more powerful than Phoenix when it would come to raising. Not as an equal. Now Phoenix can have raises and whatnot, at the old WHM levels.

-Valefore-Possible as a non elemental avatar?

-Yojimbo-SE Mentioned a new type of avatar, that would have us asking, "How do we use it?" Perhaps one who melee's along party members?
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 21:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering you have to fight avatars to claim them thus far, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that Alexander and Odin would have a "mini" version of themselves scaled to a 6 man level.

On the other side, Phoenix hasn't been seen yet(outside of Tenzen's sword, which if you're that far in CoP, you have the idea that Phoenix is no longer powerful), and may be introduced.

Atomos is the Cavernous Maws, its possible, but unlikely.

I just hoped that they're what we've been waiting for rather than some crapshoot mob that needs 2-3 years of tweaking before they see real SMN playtime.

EDIT: Bahamut would be cool too :D
 Phoenix.Bollo
Server: Phoenix
user: Bollo
By Phoenix.Bollo 2009-03-26 21:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Yojimbo goes, as much as I think it would be cool, I don't see it happening (sorry)

One of my previous favourites was Anima, also sadly I can't see this happening too.

Now Pheonix on the other hand, I actually thought we may have seen sooner, when WoTG was announced around 1 year ago I actually thought this could of been a hint at Pheonix being released, but maybe thats just me thinking too much.

Anyway, whatever and whenever it happens "if" it does, I hope it brings the Summoner job more to life, no disrespect to Summoners, I just feel its a job that for all the hard effort and work that goes into obtaining avatars its one of the more situational jobs in game.
[+]
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-03-26 21:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

se said at like fan fest last year the new avatars would be more ele based, like more for buffs/debuffs. all i gotta say is dont get your hopes up
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 21:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bollo said:
Anyway, whatever and whenever it happens "if" it does, I hope it brings the Summoner job more to life, no disrespect to Summoners, I just feel its a job that for all the hard effort and work that goes into obtaining avatars its one of the more situational jobs in game.

Not going to lie, leveling SMN blows, but once its up there with capped SMN skill, its a great endgame job (so far as the person playing it isn't a toolstain)
 Phoenix.Bollo
By Phoenix.Bollo 2009-03-26 22:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
Bollo said:

Not going to lie, leveling SMN blows, but once its up there with capped SMN skill, its a great endgame job (so far as the person playing it isn't a toolstain)

Completely agree, it is a great end game job, and without sounding harsh, this is kind of my point. Maybe its from a personal view. But some jobs are great from at low level all the way through to 75 and then are great end game jobs, Summoner on the other hand.. I don't want to come across as anti Summoner for sure, I like the job a lot, but take for instance from a exp/merit side of things, its not the best by far. Sure all jobs could do with tweaks here and there, but if one really needed something to bring it more to life I would deffinatly rank Summoner as that job. In saying this I totally agree with SMN's end game use. For certain events/HNM's its deffinatly a more than usefull job, but at the same time I think, and yes this is personal views again, a job is for life, not just end game.
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 22:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

actually, jobs are situational, which is why SE allowed us to be able to change jobs rather than, like most every other MMO, remain the same job forever and ever and ever and ever. again, leveling it sucks, as sub /whm allows it to heal, but only as far as to cure III, aka not at all, and endgame is where its at.
However, there has been a wonderful way of pimp leveling called Astral burning, although your skills are going to suffer horribly, so, take what you will.
 Phoenix.Bollo
By Phoenix.Bollo 2009-03-26 22:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
actually, jobs are situational, which is why SE allowed us to be able to change jobs rather than, like most every other MMO, remain the same job forever and ever and ever and ever. again, leveling it sucks, as sub /whm allows it to heal, but only as far as to cure III, aka not at all, and endgame is where its at.
However, there has been a wonderful way of pimp leveling called Astral burning, although your skills are going to suffer horribly, so, take what you will.

Yeah, I agree with you statement that jobs are situational, and for many jobs that means many situations, point being for Summoner it is probably one of the least of these situation.

"but once its up there with capped SMN skill, its a great endgame job (so far as the person playing it isn't a toolstain)"

And back to my point, I hope they make any future Avatars give it more reasoning rather than just an end game job, as you say SMN lvling is not fun, and this is where I think they would need to focus any additions to the job, as far as its role in end game its great, but a job is not just about end game (yes its everyones eventual aim) but, there is 74 levels before 75/end game. Which if I have the right source is 801,350 experience points, now instead of playing as a whm for this period of the game it would be better if you could play the role as a SMN.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-26 22:46:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I find it funny how the only beneficial gear stats for SMN other than MP and -enmity is that which pretains specifically to avatars. So I thought of an idea of a job ability which would temporarily alow a SMN to transfer their bonus stats from gear or otherwise over to their avatar, such as STR, INT, MAB, MDB, Acc, Atk, etc. Would be nice to give your pets a little more "umph" since SMN themselves have virtually little to no use for them. Unless you're a hardcore staff melee SMN going for Nirvana and plan on using Garland of Bliss >.>

Sorry for going off topic. To remain on that path, I think maybe Atomos, Phoenix, maybe Alexander?
 Hades.Drizzit
Server: Hades
user: Drizzit
By Hades.Drizzit 2009-03-26 22:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All i can say is Doomtrain or Eden
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 22:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bollo said:
Which if I have the right source is 801,350 experience points, now instead of playing as a whm for this period of the game it would be better if you could play the role as a SMN.

Which is why SE made Carby Mitts. That + Campaign
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-26 22:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. DOOMTRAIN MOTHAFUCKAS
 Bismarck.Kenage
Server: Bismarck
user: Kenage
By Bismarck.Kenage 2009-03-26 23:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why Odin and Alexander couldn't be since Diabolos had a very similar process.

In my opinion one must be Alexander since they talked about some very big avatar with a totally new play stile.

The other one... maybe Ixon?

Ken.
 Shiva.Phioness
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2009-03-26 23:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to say a Chocobo Summon and heres the list of Avatar abilities:
1. Choco Rush: Chocobo Makes a loud Squaking sound and various colored chocobos rush out and peck/scratch the enemy
2. Fat Chocobo (a classic): Chocobo does a funny side to side waddle style dance, squaks long and loud, looks up in the sky and 'boom' a fat chocobo lands on the enemy.
3. Chocobail: Think Escape/Zone ability that calls chocobos and bails your party out of sticky situations
4. Chocoheal: Flaps wings feathers fly all over party and "Poof" your healed.
5. Chocomoogle: Choco runs off and comes back with a troop of moogles on his back dressed in nina/samurai/monk garb and they charge the enemy and attack (insert smart *** remark here)
6. No more ideas, but just thought I'd have fun with this.

For some suggestions that are plausible though I'd have to say Siren, Golem, Phoenix, and one of my personal favorites Hades (not very Plausible, but the dude was cool as hell in FFVII)
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Server: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-26 23:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Magus Sisters wut
o.o

1. Zalera
2. Valefor
3. Adrammelech
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-26 23:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiriyu said:
Magus Sisters wut
o.o

Shikaree X,Y,Z = 3 Magus sisters,
As for the stat buff avatars then, we have to look at..
Lakshmi, Eden,Sylph Fairy, Cait Sith, Asura, Seraph.
And yes, I researched this post. XD
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-26 23:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Houshisama said:
I agree. DOOMTRAIN MOTHAFUCKAS

Thirded! ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-26 23:52:35

Kiriyu said:
Magus Sisters wut
o.o

I rather not be called: sugar, honey, muffin, sweetie, etc. every time I summon these >.>

I am of course referring to Shikaree X Y & Z. Kinda creepy when professional killers use that kind of sweet-talk to you.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-03-27 00:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix, Asura, motherfucking SHINRYU.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-27 00:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Drizzit said:
All i can say is Doomtrain or Eden

That would be awesome. For avatars already established within the game I see the following possibilities:
Phoenix (already weakened so it's plausible imo)
Alexander
Dark Ixion or more likely the white Ixion with the broken horn in Jugner Forest [S], given that as far as I can tell it's not doing anything at the moment.
Atomos
Doomtrain would make my day though :D

Nightfyre said:

Dark Ixion or more likely the white Ixion with the broken horn in Jugner Forest [S], given that as far as I can tell it's not doing anything at the moment.

Campaign freelancer =/ (Auroral Alicorn, yes?)
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-03-27 00:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been a fan of Odin... maybe make him a summon after you beat him?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-27 00:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Nightfyre said:

Campaign freelancer =/ (Auroral Alicorn, yes?)

That's the one. I've never seen it actually participate in a Campaign Battle so I was unaware it's a freelance. I just cure it anytime I'm running by on a mage job.
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-03-27 00:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not trying to be the anti-christ here but, how long has SE been saying this? dont hold your breath, you might pass out and die. :\
 Seraph.Majique
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-27 00:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yay a "smn het ready to get your hopes up again" forum lawl. hoping thats not the case though, espicially seeing how pimped out whm is about to get. i'm hoping for Ixion, Anima, Hades and/or Odin. SE did say the new summons would be different, so maybe a gear/rampart type avatar like Alexander or an ominous death from above avatar like Atomos would be cool... but at this rate i'd take an imp or cait sith or a fairy as a new summon just to feel like i as a summoner still matter to SE lol.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-27 00:56:48

Only thing SE told us is there would be more than one. And they would be "big". Also they hinted at them being different from your typical avatar somehow. But it's too vauge to come to any conclusions. Let's just hope they don't poke this with a stick for 5 years then finally decide to add it like they did with Mhaura/Selby moogles.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-27 01:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lookin at the avatar possiblities think it would hvae to be something new.. alex is only in ToAU44 odin comes up as odin prime but is a NM outside of ein and a boss in ein.. bahamut SE has gone out of thier way to deny that will ever happen.. ixion same as odin as being NM in normal areas already.. lookin at the avatars now 2 dark based.. 1 of each element and 1 light so probably would be a light based avatar
 Fairy.Mykoto
Server: Fairy
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-03-27 01:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

quoted from the other topic about what else we'd like to see:

I sincerely think that as SMN, on defeating Odin and Alexander in battle, they ought to show up on random during battles, kinda like in FFVIII I think it was, where Odin just randomly shows up when he pleases and performs his Zantetsuken, and vanishes into the night hehe. I mean since it looks like they'd be too big and awkward to lug around like the other avatars, this seems like a feasible option, no?

Aside from that, I'd like to see a Phoenix summon with reraisega, and refreshga, but I somehow don't think they'll do that one anytime soon ._.;
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-27 01:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt it would be odin though just for the simple fact its hard to beat him where its easier to get fenrir and diabolos.. i honestly think they wont make an avatar that will be that hard to get =/ you would have alot of pissed off smns that cant get an ein shell or are in an ein shell that cant get to/beat odin.. as for phoenix as far as i can see hes nothing more then a sword in this game :x
First Page 2 3 4 5 6